“There are plenty of benefits to journaling, whether you take time to write out your full thoughts or just spend a few minutes jotting down the things you're most grateful for every day or lessons you've learned. Five Minute Journal for the iPhone makes this process easy enough to do on the go.” —Lifehacker
The Five Minute Journal is the simplest, most effective way to become happier in 5 minutes a day with a simple journaling format built on proven principles of positive psychology.
• Beautiful, Intuitive Journaling Experience – The Five Minute Journal app has been designed to capture the physical Five Minute Journal experience. Getting around the app is a breeze and adding entries could not be easier. The Five Minute Journal app has been optimized to run smoother and quicker than ever before.
• Timeline View – Quickly access previous journal entries and view short daily excerpts. Tapping on an entry leads to a full day review.
• Photos – Capture and view your magical moments with a daily photo.
• Timeline Photo View – See a photographic timeline view of all your daily photos.
• Daily Quotes & Weekly Challenges – Receive an inspiring quote daily and weekly challenges that can be shared across social media.
• Easy Journal Entry Navigation – Quickly cycle through previous journal entries by swiping right or by tapping on a specific date in calendar view.
• Reminders – Set daily notifications to ensure you never miss a day of journaling.
• Passcode Protection – Keep all your journal entries private with secure passcode protection.
• Backup/Export to PDF – Easily backup/export all your entries to PDF, Dropbox, and more. You have the ability to select a date range or all entries.
UPDATES & FIXES
• General maintenance
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Honestly the best and worth the money.
You can't put a price on mental wellbeing. I've struggled with horrible depression and anxiety my entire life. Without getting too into it, my husband and I were struggling and even though I take medication that helps, I'm still miserable. I downloaded (6) different 'gratitude journal' apps and disliked them all for a few reasons. Paid for this one, I've only been using it for three days and I love it. It's easily worth the $5 several million times over; no subscription is really cool. The layout and UI makes it easy for even the most depressed folks (like me) to be able to complete this easily and quickly and actually feel better. To me, the little things make this more enjoyable as well. It's easy to type and then press "enter" and it goes to the next number, and it's easy to add a photo. I'd like to be able to add two photos per day but the app is so fantastic the way it is. I usually know within the same day of downloading if I will continue to use an app. This one, I will for sure. Thanks for making it. You're helping people. ♥️
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for your detailed review! Happy it is making a difference in your life. If you ever get stuck, feel free to reach out and we'll do our best to keep you on track :)
A great app backed by a great customer support and development team!
This is a such a wonderful app and worth every penny! Not only is the app a convenient way to input and review your journal entries, but their team is there to support you in case a problem arises.
I recently reached out to their support team because I lost my entries after updating the app, but it ended up being user error (aka my fault). Patricia was friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. She say my issue all the way through to a happy resolution.
Because I thought I lost my data, I created a new account and started fresh. After finding out my issue was due to a typo, I asked Patricia if there was a way to merge my accounts. After a day or two, she replied saying the developers were able to merge my accounts and I got both my previous and new journal entries combined into one account. I’m so happy I can continue using the Five Minute Journal app with the peace of mind that my data is there and if I have any additional problems, their team stands by their product!
Developer Response ,
We're so happy to have helped you get your account back and even combine the two accounts that you had. May you have a pleasant and rewarding journey ahead with it and we're always here to help if you have any questions or app glitches (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Beautiful, simple, effective
Not only do I love the simplicity in the design, but the fact that it takes only a minute to update the entries means this is something I’ll actually use. This app really gets you thinking about the positive things right before you start your day. I recently started cognitive behavioral therapy and one thing I am working on is positive psychology (which I initially thought was super lame and a waste of time). But in just a few weeks, it has brought an awareness to me that has already had a huge impact on my life...this app takes similar concepts of positive psychology and makes it easy/doable to do every day. Sometimes all you need is a little encouragement and this does it.
I should also mention that I have downloaded probably 5-10 apps similar to this to compare, but this is by far the best one. Worth the few dollars for sure...also there is no monthly subscription or anything. I refuse to download apps that don’t have an option to just pay once and be done.
- Intelligent Change Inc.
- 58.3 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © Copyright 2016 Intelligent Change Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.