Flag Football Playmaker is a playbook design & play wristband system for iPad & iPhone. Now a Universal app.
DESIGN & ORGANIZE PLAYS
• Intuitive touch controls make it easy to set formations & draw plays.
• Name plays & assign them to categories for instant access to the right play for any situation. No more searching through stacks of paper.
• Collapsable roster panel lists all team members with their current positions & jersey numbers.
• Duplicate or Flip+Duplicate any play for fast diagramming of series.
SHARE & PRINT PLAYBOOKS
• Share your playbooks with other coaches and players.
• Import shared playbooks into Playmaker.
• Send professionally-designed playbooks and play wristbands in PDF format for viewing and printing.
• AirPrint playbooks and play wristbands directly to compatible printers.
MAKE INSTANT ADJUSTMENTS
• Make changes to existing plays on the fly.
• Flip any play instantly.
• Draw up a new play in seconds to take advantage of schematic opportunities as they emerge.
• Switch between offensive & defensive playbooks with one touch.
MAXIMIZE PLAYER COMPREHENSION
• Assign names to positions to save time in the huddle & keep players focused on their responsibilities.
• Customizable colors & labels clearly distinguish positions.
• Optional field lines for precise alignments and route depths.
• High definition graphics make play diagrams easy to see under any lighting conditions.
We're coaches, so we understand the need to prove that something new works before implementing it with your team. That's why we're offering a free version of Flag Football Playmaker - so that you can try the app before upgrading to PRO. Here's what you'll get for free:
• Create one playbook with up to 3 offensive & defensive plays.
• Playbook settings for 4, 5, 6, 7 & 8 player per side leagues.
• Choose from 38 high quality mascot photos for your playbook cover.
• Enter player names in the roster panel & assign positions.
• Flip any play instantly.
• Customize position colors & labels.
• Identify an intended receiver, choose smooth or straight lines, show zigzag lines for pre-snap motion, show dotted lines for pitch & pass and draw zone defense responsibilities.
• Choose between three end caps for your routes: arrow, T (for blocks) and dot.
• Choose between dark & light backgrounds for optimal visibility under any lighting conditions.
• Name your plays & assign them to any of our pre-defined play categories for instant access.
Flag Football Playmaker PRO includes all of our free features plus:
• Share & import playbooks. Quickly distribute playbooks to your coaches for importing & editing in Playmaker (they’ll need the PRO upgrade) or to parents & players for viewing (they’ll need the Viewer upgrade).
• Play wristband print setup. Get your best plays on the field with one of four standard play wristband insert sizes.
• Send playbook PDFs. Send your playbook or play wristbands in PDF format to anyone for viewing and printing.
• AirPrint. Print playbooks or quarterback wristbands directly to compatible printers.
• Design unlimited offensive & defensive plays. Have your full playbook at your fingertips & add new plays whenever inspiration strikes.
• Set up unlimited play categories that you define. Organize your plays for instant access to the right play for any situation.
• Create unlimited playbooks. Perfect for coaches who have multiple teams or want to keep a season-by-season playbook history.
• Set up custom Personnel Groups. Great for play-specific position assignments, depth charts and mass substitutions.
Flag Football Playmaker Viewer includes all of our free features plus the ability to import playbooks shared with you for viewing (but not editing) in Playmaker.
Fall Preseason Update:
• Fixed an issue that resulted in some plays not being saved.
• Fixed an issue with Formation edit button alignment on larger screen sizes.
• New Cougars mascot.
• Other fixes and improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great app, worth the money.
I use the app for 5v5 flag football. It is easy to use and draw up plays within minutes. I will see something during a game on tv, and create a play similar for our team. Although, I have a couple of recommendations. I began using this at the beginning of the season. I am not sure if I am navigating properly, so please assist if I am not.
1. When in the view mode of the play, it would be nice to swipe through the plays right or left.
2. When in the Playbook mode, it would be nice to color coordinate the plays. This would help while scrolling quickly to identify specific plays (ie. goal line, long yardage, trick plays).
3. Also, when in Playbook mode, it would be nice to not be able to edit the plays by removing the “i”. Sometimes when scrolling through, I like to go fast however I accidentally hit the “i” and have to cancel out of it. Maybe place the “i” in the play on the top taskbar, once it is opened? There are two buttons which move you back to the playbook, maybe one can be replaced by the “i”.
The app is great and thanks for putting it together. It’s well worth the one time fee of $15.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughtful feedback. It was good to hear what you like and what you think can be better. Thanks for emailing me, too. It was good to learn more about what you're looking for in future versions/apps.
I coach in a 7-on-7 flag league. This app has been great for drawing up plays. Very easy and intuitive. It also gives you the ability to add a roster and label positions by player names—very helpful for younger kids who can get confused by a play sheet of just X’s and O’s, without names.
Also, very easy to print out plays, which I was doing at first, but I took my iPad to use at a game for the first time this weekend, and I found that to be much better than using paper. Gives you much more flexibility to change positions around and draw up new plays. The kids were able to see the plays on the iPad in the bright sun. The only thing I was worried about (which doesn’t have anything to do with the app) was that my iPad would overheat—it was very hot outside. Luckily, that didn’t happen, even though the iPad was pretty warm (I even put it in the drink cooler at halftime). Anyways, this is a great app and well worth the money, imo.
Developer Response ,
Thanks @dhb1976! I'm hoping other coaches see your review and give the device-on-field setup a try. All the coaches in our circle use the app that way and experience the same positives with their teams. Have a great season.
BEST, but could use Improvements
SO MUCH BETTER than the expensive web-based playmaker and EASIER to use!
It's $15 for the app, not $15/Mo. Amazing value!
You can make plays anywhere whenever you think of one!
Print wrist inserts right from your phone!
Easy to learn.
--flipped plays get aren't always perfectly rendered.
--and what shows on tile isn't always what's underneath.
--GET RID OF THAT HUGE LOGO printed on wristbands printouts. You can't even flip the page over and reprint because of it.
--can't print 2 wrist play sheets inserts with bottom borders touching each other. (Would save cutting time when you're cutting and inserting 20 of these at a time🤯)
--ability to draw lines at 90 and 45 degrees.
-customizable play numbers (not just 1-8). Less confusing for little kids.
-be able to upload personal playbook mascots
-be able to have a player have 2/3 separate line styles for special plays.
Great product though, honestly.
You guys should advertise on line with some good keywords. I've been doing this for years and struggling.
That other playmaker is more difficult to use and so overpriced.
This app is the real deal.
Developer Response ,
Coach, thank you for the feedback, both positive and critical. I agree with your list of Negatives and on the same page with your Wish List. Will you send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org? I want to follow up on your feedback and see if I can get you into our upcoming beta program.
- True Partners, LLC
- 39.2 MB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © TRUE Partners, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- PRO Upgrade $14.99
- Viewer Upgrade $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.