Welcome to Flamenco Explained, the most comprehensive flamenco guitar resource available.
Flamenco has traditionally been taught by rote – you sit with a teacher who shows you what to play and tells you what to work on. Flamenco Explained is kind of like that, and a lot more.
We developed Flamenco Explained to be a resource for all flamenco guitarists, from budding aficionados to professional players. We aim to demystify this amazing art form by focusing on the form and the art rather than the culture and the mystery. We don’t believe in dumbing anything down – we just believe that many aspects of flamenco can be explained and understood by anyone who’s willing to put in the time and who has a good guide.
If you know a lot or a little about flamenco already and need more specific help, browse our massive library of tutorial videos, where you’ll find instruction on tons of techniques, Palos (flamenco forms), and material from full solo guitar pieces to individual falsetas. And dive into other flamenco topics that aren’t taught anywhere else.
And if you’re brand new to flamenco we’ll get you going!
With this subscription, you will receive:
-Access to our library of over 300 (and counting) videos on all topics related to flamenco, including technique, compás (rhythms and forms) and accompaniment of singers and dancers.
- Music notation and Tabs available for download
- Beautiful, HD streaming videos
- Shot and edited with three angles for easy-to-learn guitar playing comprehension
- No Internet required! Sync videos to watch offline
- Pick up where you left off
- Leave comments and feedback; help us grow
- For existing subscribers, you can simply sign in to your account. No need to re-subscribe.
* All payments will be paid through your iTunes Account and may be managed under Account Settings after the initial payment. Subscription payments will automatically renew unless deactivated at least 24-hours before the end of the current cycle. Your account will be charged for renewal at least 24-hours prior to the end of the current cycle. Any unused portion of your free trial will be forfeited upon payment. Cancellations are incurred by disabling auto-renewal.
Terms of Service - https://learn.flamencoexplained.com/tos
- Optimizations for content-loading
- Improvements to error messaging
- Bug fixes and stability improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
First Class Flamenco Pedagogy
Flamenco Explained is a fabulous resource for anyone who wants to learn about how to play flamenco guitar, but it’s much more than that. Kai Narezo has gone to great lengths to provide depth and insight into the structures of flamenco compás, the evolution of various flamenco forms, and the culture of flamenco in general. In addition, Kai is extremely warm and responsive to questions and will try to address technical issues very specifically (sometimes with a video response, when possible).
Tara Stewart has built an intuitive, comprehensive, and professional platform that provides a thoroughly enjoyable experience. Flamenco Explained is the closest that web learning can come to in person lessons and is very moderately priced. A joy.
Flamenco Explained has been a great discovery. I have been interested in Spanish guitar for a long time, but never really made progress learning how to play. Flamenco Explained has great lessons, and Kai Narezo is a teacher that demonstrates, inspires, and explains guitar technique as it applies to Flamenco guitar in an effective and accessible way. As a relative beginner I am finding material that is helpful and challenging, but shows me a hopeful path forward on my guitar and musical journey.
This app and site has inspired me to learn about the history and art form of Flamenco as a whole. There are many cool techniques you can learn here, but there is a whole world of art, culture, and history to go with that. I am glad to find all of those things at Flamenco Explained!
If you are interested in learning Flamenco techniques for the guitar, or traditional and contemporary Flamenco guitar music, the lessons, tabs, videos and blog articles will be a gold mine!
Definitely a great value, well worth the subscription, and much valuable free content also. Really glad I found it!
I have only been playing Flamenco for a about a year at the time of this review... I absolutely love it! I am fortunate enough to have a great teacher locally to help guide me twice a month. I am also happy to have found Kai and his “Flamenco Explained" to fill in an supplement areas of technique / theory / history / etc... that an hour long lesson is limited by. With all of the videos and information here I am free at my will to explore an grow further with easy access especially if you have the iPhone app. Definitely happy to have Kai’s wealth of knowledge an passion for this beautiful music at my finger tips.
- Flamenco Explained LLC
- 156.8 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- ©2020 Flamenco Explained LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Flamenco Explained Monthly $19.99
- Flamenco Explained Monthly $19.99
- Flamenco Explained Yearly $199.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.