FlashBuddy assists you creating flashcards to learn vocabulary or other stuff. You can edit flashcards with the rich text editor in FlashBuddy. It does also support as many images as you want.
If you want to learn vocabulary you can use the easy to use dict.cc import. Simply type you search string and pick the answers you want. FlashBuddy can also use Machine Learning and your camera for text recognition, to quickly add new vocabularies, of course also in combination with dict.cc search.
For an easy import of new flashcards you can use your Mac or Pc and create CSV or Markdown files and import them via iTunes File Sharing, iCloud or Dropbox and other providers on your iOS device. See the short format description for both in FlashBuddy.
FlashBuddy supports subjects, topics and tags for your flashcards. A flashcard is in one subject or topic and can be in many tags. A topic is in a subject or topic.
FlashBuddy uses a spaced repetition system. When you add a flashcard it is in level 0, this is your stash. The first time you learn you flashcard in your daily training it is in level 1 (card for today), when you know the correct answer it is moved to the next level 2 (due in 3 days) and so forth, until the flashcard is in level 6 the last one. All flashcards in this level are considered to be learned.
If you want, you can adjust the durations and level count per subject.
You can also learn certain flashcards by subject, topics or tags without changing or even considering the level they are in.
- Apple Pencil
- Dynamic Type
- Split Screen
- Quick Actions to quickly create new cards or search for cards
- Drag & Drop (on iPad)
- support for keyboard shortcuts in text editor and training
- overview for your learning progress, flashcards in which levels, when you learned how long and how successful you are
- overview for every flashcard, how often asked, correct/wrong answered, etc.
- global search over all flashcards, search in subjects and search in tags
- you can add a deadline to subjects, topics and tags, so FlashBuddy can show you how many days you have left to learn your cards
- different query modes: for question, for answer or random
- add vacation days if you want to pause your daily training, or remove days if you want to learn cards sooner
- move wrong answered flashcards in level 1 or decrease one level
- today due flashcards count as badge on the app icon
- daily training reminder notification with custom time
- CSV export for all subjects and per subject
- export your cards including layout and images
- backup function
- read out vocabulary
- import of CSV- and Markdown-files over iCloud, Dropbox, etc. (Markdown including layout)
- CSV- and Markdown-importer recognizes already existing flashcards
- dict.cc importer
- Wikipedia importer
I am happy to hear from you if you have problems or ideas for FlashBuddy.
The content for the falashcards in the screenshots is from Wikipedia.
- disabled iCloud syncing (for now), because it was to unreliable
Ratings and Reviews
Great app for SRS memorization
I just discovered this app and so far I love it. I'm using it to improve my German. It's easy to add cards once you get the hang of it. It automatically looks up words and if you select multiple definitions with different parts of speech it adds them to your question also. Very nice!
I love the idea with the levels and what not, but creating a flash card in the app is burdensome and cumbersome. Also, because of the .csv format it is also very time consuming to enter flasher cards and import them. If they can streamline the process of creating/importing flash cards this app has some real potential. Until then it is not useful if you have more than a few question you want to quiz yourself on.
Too cumbersome to create cards. Import from dict.cc does not work. Very disappointing!
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Oleg Mueller
- 127.1 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © Oleg Mueller 2019
- In-App Purchases
- Unlimited Cards $11.99
- 50 Cards $0.99
- 100 Cards $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.