Make your own flash cards and take the pressure out of test preparation. Flashcard Hero keeps track of what facts you already know so you can focus on what you don’t know and save a lot of time.
Beyond your average-vocab-app: We made Flashcard Hero for those of you who want to fit more than a few words on each card. You can add lists and use text formatting to structure your content. Cards even expand as you add more text so you can take notes during class and turn them into study cards later. All decks can easily be shared with others via the web.
- Up to 20 cards per deck (unlimited decks)
- Unlock unlimited cards and add image-support via In-App Purchase
- iCloud can also be unlocked via In-App-Purchase
After In-App purchase:
Study on your iPhone and iPad with the Flashcard Hero mobile app (separate purchase).
FEATURES (all versions):
- 3 study modes: Answer covered, Multiple choice tests, Typing the answer
- Audio output (text to speech) of text on cards in over 30 languages
- Group cards by topic (e.g. text book chapters)
- Text formatting (lists, bold font, italic,…)
- Change text color and highlight text
- Many deck cover styles
- Difficulty level for each card
- Group cards using the Leitner study system (similar to spaced repetition)
- Detailed study session summaries
- Import decks you already have (.tsv and .csv format, Quizlet.com)
- Take notes during class; cards expand automatically
- Share decks via the web
FOR TEACHERS AND EDUCATORS:
- Compatible with the Remote Control feature of the iOS app. You can use the iOS app as a remote to control the study mode on the Mac while you are projecting on a big screen.
This is just the beginning. If you’d like to see a certain feature, let us know through the feedback button in the app.
Ratings and Reviews
Love it! But needs Dark Mode
I love the app and find very useful to study. The only issue I have with it is that it doesn't have a dark mode. Staring a white screen can be very straining on the eyes which prevents me (and I'm sure other user) from using it as much as I could. Otherwise, great app!
Developer Response ,
Hi there, you beat me to it by one day! An update (v2.9.2) with support for macOS Mojave's Dark Mode is uploading to the App Store right now :) If you run into anything else, let me know. I'm always open for feedback. Cheers, Rico (the developer).
Helped me pass my accreditation exam
I bought Flashcard Hero to prep for my APR exam. It was the first test I'd taken since college. I was never a flashcard person, but I couldn't bring myself to study from a giant PDF. This program and its iPhone app component made all the difference. After I turned the study guide into a series of flashcards, I turned those moments of micro-boredom on the train, waiting in a line, etc. into multiple choice moments. The program offers an impressive range of features for the modest price. I used them all -- even the remote control option! It prevented studying from feeling like a burdonsome chore, and I passed the exam on the first try.
Well worth the purchase!
I downloaded the Lite version and quickly purchased the full version using the in-app purchase option. I also purchased the companion iOS app. This app is awesome, and has helped me tremendously. My favorite feature is the iCloud Drive integration; everything stays in sync perfectly between my Mac and iPhone. I mainly use dictation to write my flash cards, and that works great and speeds up the creation process. The study features are great as well.
I never buy apps, but I am sure glad I bought these. Highly recommended!
- Rico Gundermann
- 11.6 MB
OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Kitestack Software 2019
- In-App Purchases
- Upgrade to Full Version $12.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.