Flashcards by NKO is an engaging educational mobile solution for students and teachers worldwide.
Looking for a powerful and easy-to-use flashcards app to help you study? This app allows you to create rich text formatted flashcards with pictures and download millions of flashcards on hundreds of subjects created by both experts and novices.
Matching, True/False, Memory, Spelling, Q-Battle, Word Search, Flow, Flappy Dog, Dig It Up, 2048, Ninja, Bingo, Q-Battle LMP, Blocks, and Letters games add more fun to your studying. Don't be surprised to find yourself playing games, getting badges and beating highscores of your friends or classmates rather than simply flipping flash cards... :) Not enough? Loci will turn your cards into a 3D Memory Palace that exploits a memory technique of ancient Greeks and memory champions. Moreover you will immerse ing an augment reality realm in Defender game
All tools and games are connected to a sophisticated Spaced Repetition System (SRS) that tracks your progress and keep you organized.
- 2.5 millions downloads
- used in classrooms and schools worldwide.
"I saw a big improvement in the most recent test scores which, I believe, can be partially attributed to their use of the Flashcards app."
"everything you ever wanted to do with flashcards and then some. Supports individualized and differentiated learning in the classroom."
"I'm a high school English teacher who loves your app! I kept seeing my students using it, and I checked the app store a couple of times looking for it. I finally took a good look, and I realized they were creating fabulous decks beyond what I was seeing in the bare apps available. The features of your app are rich and so intuitive!"
- Create your own flash cards with rich text formatting and images
- Download millions of flashcards made by other users
- Organize your cards into folders
- Share your decks with friends using shared (automatically synchronized) folders, email or iTunes.
- Keep track of your progress for each deck and each card
- Spaced Repetition System
- Manual and Slide show modes
- Linear/Adaptive/Shuffle mode to enhance retention
- 5 tools (Review, Explore, Quiz, Listen, and Collage).
- 16 studying/testing games (Matching, Memory, True/False, Spelling, Words, Q-Battle, Flow, Flappy, Dig It Up, Ninja, 2048, Bingo, Q-Battle MP, Blocks, Letters, Loci)
- 6 built-in keyboards (rich text formatting, fast edit, maths symbols, chemistry symbols, Fonts, and Greek letters) and support of custom keyboards.
- Combine or split decks
- Sorting flashcards
- Import decks in txt, csv, or tsv formats
- a drawing tool
- 36 built-in text-to-speech voices that work offline + 40+ additional voices from iSpeech.
- color coding
- no distracting ads
- the only flashcard app with a full-fledged class management system
- classes, leaderboards, a lot of games!
- students' folders for personalized learning
- teacher's messages
- statistics in detail: who reviewed what, when, for how long, what tools and games are used. Printable reports.
- multiplayer games
+ improved palm rejection for the iPad pencil
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I am a college student who has used this app for over two years and I have always loved it. Today I a question and so I emailed them not excepting to hear back from them for at least a few hours. To my amazingly surprised eyes I had an instant emailed response with help and continued help till the situation was resolved enough for me to continue with what I needed to get done with my work. The customer service and level of help this app provides is absolutely fabulous. I am one who NEVER writes feedback, and I usually don’t email for customer support either but I was just so frustrated today and I am so pleased right now. Just wow! With all the stress of being a student it is so nice to have wonderful apps that will let you study and help you learn a certain way by matching vocab, and in college there is so much. Or play games with questions before bed or before a big test, its less stressful than just reading notes.
Again cannot say enough about this app! Love it!!
Great app helping my kids learn
I homeschooled my daughter using Classical Conversations, which required a lot of memorization of facts. I love how I was able to easily add pictures by using the camera on my iPad, and how I could record the songs (that are used to memorize different facts) directly onto the card. My daughter begged to play the review games. I bought the upgrade, and for us, it was money well spent. The games are varied and kept my daughter interested enough so she could memorize her material.
Now I am in court reporting school and required to memorize a lot of information. I set the cards up so that they automatically flip and my hands never have to leave the stenograph. I am able to see immediately if I wrote the word correctly on my machine which helps reinforce the learning. I love that I can create a stack of cards and share them with my classmates. I recommend this app to all my school peers.
Solid, multi-featured learning and memorization tool
I am a retiree in my fifth year using this app for language studies and have found it to be reliable and a great value. Their user support is excellent-they are always prompt and even incorporated one of my suggested improvements into the software. I particularly like the feature that allows me to share decks from my iPad to my iPhone and listen to them (via Bluetooth) in the car or on a walk. It also incorporates multiple ways of varying how the information on the cards is presented, which helps to make the memorization process less tedious and therefore more productive. Altogether a great learning tool-I wish it had been around back when I was in school and college!
- NKO Ventures LLC
- 130.3 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 and watchOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © NKO Ventures LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Individual Edition $99.99
- Individual Edition $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.