This is a free lite version which has a LIMIT of 6 decks and 6 cards per deck. The paid version does not have this restriction.
Flashcards Deluxe is an easy to use, yet powerful flashcard app which you can use to study just about anything you want. I use this app for my own Chinese studies, and am constantly improving it to make it better for myself and others.
• Two smart study modes that automatically focus more on the cards you miss: Leitner and a more advanced Spaced Repetition mode (similar to SuperMemo or Anki)
• Text to speech (TTS) audio in 18 languages (no internet connection needed to study)
• Multiple choice option
• Spelling tests (listen to audio and use keyboard to answer)
• Searchable listing of your cards that allows you to easily look up other terms as you study
• Organize decks in folders and combine decks for studying
• Several flashcard color themes to choose from (sky, wood, chalkboard, etc.)
• Divide cards into categories
• 1 to 5 sided cards
• Include pictures and sounds. Zoom into pictures. Auto repeat sounds.
• 3 response levels: Wrong, I kind of know, I know really well (vs the standard correct/wrong) - for more efficient studying
• Easy navigation - swipe or tap to answer (customizable)
• Draw self-graded answer with your finger
• Automatically turn cards off after getting them correct a certain number/percentage of reviews
• Clean, efficient user interface, including full-screen and landscape viewing
• Custom text and background colors
• Browse mode that lets you easily navigate forward or back without keeping score
• Slideshow mode
• Large number of cards (10,000+) can be imported easily (full version)
• Backup your flashcards to your computer
• Supports Dropbox, Google Docs and USB transfers
• Very easy to get started, with lots of features and options for advanced users
• Great support! I promptly respond to any questions or feedback you may have. Use my website's public forum or email me.
You can create flashcards either on your computer or directly within the app. If you don't want to make your own, you can browse and download flashcards from the app's Shared Library.
Creating cards on your computer is an easy process of making a two column list of questions and answers in a text editor or spreadsheet, copy/pasting your list into our website, and then downloading it to your device. You can also transfer flashcards using Dropbox, Google Docs or even your own web server.
Praise for the PAID version:
iTunes store Staff Favorite (December 2009)
10/10 - theiphoneappreview.com
"If there’s anything that will leave you scratching your head about this incredible app is why it isn’t more expensive... FlashCards Deluxe is truly an educational app worth obtaining. Nothing you want to learn right now? Download the app. It will make you want to learn something just by having it." - theiphoneappreview.com 12/10/09
Please see our web site for more information.
If you are not satisfied with the product for any reason, please let me know why and I'll try to help.
• Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
I really enjoyed trying this out. The test deck gives an example of each type of card. My only suggestion is to put a link in it to the full version.
How is $4 too pricey?
Some reviews have people asking how is the full version worth $4? A pack of 100 flash cards costs $1. Some flash card apps are free. But those flash cards can only be used once and those apps are crrrraaaaap. When you are looking for an app that you will DEPEND on to learn vocabulary, equations, languages, etc. this is going to be an app you will use for the entire life of your phone. Not to mention the creator gives major updates that somehow reinvent the (flashcard) wheel every few months. Angry Birds will only give you a month or two TOPS of fun for $1 and who cares about their updates. So if you are using this app on a daily basis or even a monthly basis, in the end this app will have cost you nothing in comparison to the four measely dollars you invested. I don't understand how people pay $5-$10 on Fifa games and Madden games every year when they give you nothing in return but a few afternoons and two plane trips of entertainment. This isn't just another flashcard app. This is the CREME DE LA CREME of flash card apps and Will always be one of my main 4 apps on my iphone.
The BEST Flashcard app available
Do the negative reviews turn you away?
If answered yes, please read this review and also my review on the full version of "Flashcards Deluxe".
This app has helped me significantly. I got C's and D's in high school. When I finally started college I mostly got C's with a couple of B's and even a few D's. I started using this app for Anatomy & Physiology and my grades sky rocketed. This past year I got straight A's.
Check out my review on the full version of this app. "Flashcard Deluxe" is absolutely the best flashcard program!
Oct. 2011 update
I just finished reading some of the negative reviews; most of them address issues that concern usability. I asked myself after reading the reviews, "Is this operation error or 'operator error"? And have concluded that the complaints stem from the user not taking the time to learn the program.
While at first I admit I was stumped when first learning SOME of the features like creating new decks and cards, I learned to read the manual.
Reading the manuel is crucial to understanding ALL the features found in this app.
The user guide, found on developers web site, addresses all the negative reviews I read.
I've also found the (?) button answers many of the questions I come across when using app.
Don't let the negative reviews scare you away. If you are a serious student and want to learn; buy "Flashcards Deluxe". Once you learn all the features of this great app you will be glad you did.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Ernest Thomason
- 33 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, German, Korean
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Ernest Thomason