Flashcards Deluxe is an easy to use, yet powerful flashcard app which you can use to study just about anything you want. I use this app for my own Chinese studies, and am constantly improving it to make it better for myself and others.
iTunes store Staff Favorite (December 2009)
10/10 - theiphoneappreview.com
(There is a free lite version available.)
• Two smart study modes that automatically focus more on the cards you miss: Leitner and a more advanced Spaced Repetition mode (similar to SuperMemo or Anki)
• Text to speech (TTS) audio in 18 languages (no internet connection needed to study)
• Multiple choice option
• Spelling tests (listen to audio and use keyboard to answer)
• Searchable listing of your cards that allows you to easily look up other terms as you study
• Organize decks in folders and combine decks for studying
• Several flashcard color themes to choose from (sky, wood, chalkboard, etc.)
• Divide cards into categories
• 1 to 5 sided cards
• Include pictures and sounds. Zoom into pictures. Auto repeat sounds.
• 3 response levels: Wrong, I kind of know, I know really well (vs the standard correct/wrong) - for more efficient studying
• Easy navigation - swipe or tap to answer (customizable)
• Draw self-graded answer with your finger
• Automatically turn cards off after getting them correct a certain number/percentage of reviews
• Clean, efficient user interface, including full-screen and landscape viewing
• Custom text and background colors
• Browse mode that lets you easily navigate forward or back without keeping score
• Slideshow mode
• Large number of cards (10,000+) can be imported easily
• Backup your flashcards to your computer
• Supports Dropbox, Google Docs and USB transfers
• Very easy to get started, with lots of features and options for advanced users
• Great support! I promptly respond to any questions or feedback you may have. Use my website's public forum or email me.
You can create flashcards either on your computer or directly within the app. If you don't want to make your own, you can browse and download flashcards from the app's Shared Library.
Creating cards on your computer is an easy process of making a two column list of questions and answers in a text editor or spreadsheet, copy/pasting your list into our website, and then downloading it to your device. (Note: iPod users will need Wi-Fi with internet access to import.) You can also transfer flashcards using Dropbox, Google Docs or even your own web server.
"If there’s anything that will leave you scratching your head about this incredible app is why it isn’t more expensive... Flashcards Deluxe is truly an educational app worth obtaining. Nothing you want to learn right now? Download the app. It will make you want to learn something just by having it." - theiphoneappreview.com 12/10/09
Please see our web site for more information.
If you are not satisfied with the product for any reason, please let me know why and I'll try to help.
• Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
This is without a doubt the best flash card app u could dream off. And so I'll make one criticism in the hope that this awesome developer will implement it. The easiest way to make cards is to simply capture photos from pdf viewers/editors/annotators of class slides/texts etc. A very effective card can be made by simple image capture of class powerpoint slide (side 2) and a corresponding image capture of this slide that has been annotated/edited to hide the pertinent information (side 1). This is quick and easy and effective. HOWEVER.. doing this through the app is NOT STREAMLINED. One should be able to go right back to the same spot in photos to grab the next photo for side 2. Just make it so u go straight back to the last slide u added instead of having to go all the way back through the photo album for gods sake!! ;) Sorry to crack out. Fantastic app anyway!!
EXACTLY what I’ve been looking for!
Flashcards Deluxe lets you get started right away. Run the tutorial and you’re ready to go. But dig a little deeper, and it has everything you’ll ever need from a flash card app. Spaced repetition is the way to go, and FD takes care of all the flashcard management chores, so you can focus on your goal: Learning! I'm using it to learn Russian, and the online upload feature allowed me to load an Excel spreadsheet of 10,000 Russian words, definitions, and example sentences. Cyrillic script? No problem. Even better, my list is in order of frequency, and FD adds new cards to the deck in that order. I'm currently using it for straight memorization, but I can’t wait to get to a point where I can start using the third side of the card, which uses each word in a sentence. It’s my favorite app ever!
Hands down best Flashcards app for long-term learning
This app is amazingly easy to use yet as very detailed and in-depth functions for those who want to use them. Similar to Anki but way easier to import. I also like how easy it is to add sounds or pictures to cards already made. It’s also better for long term memory retention than Quizlet because it has a very intelligent spaced repetition learning system. My only suggestion is that they would update the website and make a public library of Flashcards available similar to Quizlet. As well as allow one to use the program online in a browser. Other than that it is hands down the best- better than Anki better than Quizlet by far for long term learning, ease of use, ans powerful customization.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Ernest Thomason
- 50.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, German, Korean
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Ernest Thomason
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.