Be sure to upgrade to most recent version. (Earlier version, 1.0, sometimes does not give credit for 20 when it is the correct answer.)
Designed exclusively for tablets, the app enables true mastery of basic math facts (arithmetic tables) to the point of “AUTOMATICITY” in addition, subtraction, multiplication & division & MINIMIZES time spent by students, teachers & parents. (See demonstration video at flashmaster.com)
It is TRULY a gift: FREE; NO ads or offers; & COMPLETE (not “lite” or “crippled”)
It can be used withOUT an INTERNET connection
It imitates the APPEARANCE & OPERATION of the extremely efficient handheld FlashMaster®--used internationally by millions in SCHOOLS & HOMES, granted many prestigious awards & rated 4.5 by Amazon reviews
LIFETIME results stored for 30 USERS can be selectively PRINTED or EMAILED
Students are MOTIVATED & WORK INDEPENDENTLY since results can be CONVENIENTLY checked at ANY TIME by a parent or teacher
The app doesn’t pretend to motivate users with silly, time-wasting, ultimately boring & consequently self-defeating gimmicks
INSTEAD, students are motivated by the app’s increasingly CHALLENGING nature & parents', teachers' & THEIR OWN appreciation of their RAPID PROGRESS in truly mastering math facts--as facilitated by 6 differently-purposed “learning activities” & by the app's retention & easy communication of results
Problems are normally displayed in a "1+2=?" format, but "?+2=3" & "1+?=3" formats are options
There are 6 "LEARNING ACTIVITIES" (modes used to present problems):
1) The "Table: In Order" activity is the most ELEMENTARY activity. It presents problems of the selected +, -, X, or / table in ascending & then descending order. Missed problems are repeated until answered correctly. A user is prompted with the correct answer if a problem is missed twice in a row
2) The "Table: Not in Order" activity presents problems of the selected +, -, X, or / table in RANDOM order. Missed problems are repeated until answered correctly & AGAIN after next problem. A user is prompted with the correct answer if problem missed twice in a row
3) The "Practice" activity is the MAIN INSTRUCTIONAL activity. Subject to 8 alternative per-ACTIVITY "Time Limits", it presents problems in random order from one of 9 "Levels" of difficulty for a selected arithmetic operation (+, -, X, /). Missed problems repeated until answered correctly & AGAIN after next problem. A user is prompted with correct answer if problem missed twice in a row. The per-ACTIVITY Time Limits are: 180, 150, 120, 90, 75, 60, 45 & 30 seconds
4) The "Test" activity SIMULATES PAPER TESTS often used in schools. Subject to 8 alternative per-ACTIVITY Time Limits, it presents problems in random order from one of 9 levels of difficulty for the selected arithmetic operation. Missed problems NOT repeated & user NOT prompted with correct answers. If sound effects are turned off, a user is not informed of mistakes until after completing the activity--JUST LIKE A TEST. Teachers have option of giving all students the same test (i.e., the same problems in the same order)
5) By making use of 11 alternative per-PROBLEM time limits, the "Flashcards" activity is IDEAL for developing SPEED and "AUTOMATICITY" (the ability to answer problems automatically from memory without needing to take time to calculate the answer). The Flashcards activity presents a user-specified number of problems in random order from one of 9 levels of difficulty for the selected arithmetic operation. Missed problems not repeated & user not prompted with correct answers. The per-PROBLEM Time Limits are: 9; 7; 5; 4; 3; 2.5; 2.0; 1.7; 1.5; 1.3 & 1.2 seconds
6) The "Special Problems" activity, at user’s option, either REVIEWS PAST MISTAKES or focuses on PARTICULAR PROBLEMS specified by user. Subject to a selected per-ACTIVITY Time Limit, this activity presents in random order EITHER the up to 15 "MISSED" problems most recently answered incorrectly by the user OR up to 15 problems entered into memory by the user with the "ENTER PROBLEMS" key. Students are helped with mistakes as in the Practice activity
- Minor Bug Fixes.
- More stable app performance.
Ratings and Reviews
I used this when it was a handheld device. My students couldn’t wait to get their turn to work on it. They actually felt it as they were learning since they could see their progress. The device (now the app) remembers what the student knows and does not know and adjusts accordingly. It’s free. It doesn’t need internet. Do your kids a favor and try this soon.
This app has no flashy characters or should. It’s just the facts! But more! It remembers which problems have been missed and shows them again until learned. You can see a report of what has been learned. The student can SEE their progress.
FREE no need for internet.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Flashmaster LLC
- 47.1 MB
- Requires iPadOS 9.3 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Flashmaster LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.