FlashRX is a flashcard and quiz-based educational tool for healthcare students and professionals to learn the top 250 medications in the outpatient setting (also known as the Top 200 Drugs or Top 300 Drugs). Instead of complicated, bloated drug cards, FlashRX’s drug database focuses on simple, usable information to develop your core knowledge base.
The emphasis on concise, practical knowledge will improve learning and comprehension of the top 250 drugs. This is a learning tool – NOT a drug reference. This app is not a comprehensive resource for drug information.
This app is perfect for pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, physician assistants, nurses, nursing students, physicians, medical students, and other healthcare professionals. The drug database is designed to aid in studying for both students in school and those preparing for standardized exams (eg, NAPLEX, BCPS, PTCB, ExCPT, PANCE/PANRE, NCLEX, USMLE, COMLEX).
== FEATURES ==
• Beautiful, intuitive flashcard and quiz modes to optimize your learning strategy
• Flashcards and quiz content are fully customizable – test yourself on brand/generic names, drug classes, indications, adverse effects, and even typical dose ranges
• Quiz mode includes a selection algorithm to randomly identify intelligent distractor answers to keep you on your toes
• An adaptive (Leitner) learning mode so that your time is focused on drug cards that you haven’t yet mastered
== DRUG DATABASE ==
• Includes information on 250 of the most common outpatient medications based on net sales, total prescriptions, and unique or emerging therapeutic classes
• Audio pronunciations of both the brand and generic names at any time throughout the app
• Each drug entry includes its brand name, generic name, generic pronunciation, drug class, indications, adverse effects, and typical dosing
• The drug database is completely customizable – add or remove drugs, change drug entries, and even record your own pronunciation
• "Group" drugs into therapeutic classes or your own custom drug lists. These groups can be hidden or shown to focus your studying
== ADAPTIVE LEARNING STATISTICS ==
• Both flashcard and quiz modes utilize an adaptive learning algorithm to keep track of which drug facts you know well, and which need more review
• Track your learning progress by viewing your statistics at the end of each flashcard or quiz session, or access the dedicated Adaptive Learning Statistics page for your learning overview
== AUTHOR INFORMATION ==
This app and all of its content was created by Sean P. Kane, PharmD, BCPS – a clinical pharmacist, associate professor, and author of the popular evidence-based website, ClinCalc.com. The drug list and drug information closely mirrors the popular video-based course series The Top 250 Drugs (https://top250drugs.com).
Wide variety of visual enhancements, bug fixes, and updates for the newest iOS version
Ratings and Reviews
The app lets you put drugs into categories which is nice. Only complaint is that you can't do flashcard mode and choose a category. You have to disable all other categories instead of just choosing the one you want.
I find this app helpful in many ways I like the pronunciation option as I find I'm easily tripped up by drug names because I am not putting emphasis on the correct syllable. The range of drugs is good & covers many classes of drugs. I did sign up for the course & look forward to more in depth learning
Great review app
This is a very good all around app for studying. I have been out of practice for some time and am working on getting back in to the profession. I found it has helped me not only to recall old knowledge but it is also a great help with the new medications that I have no knowledge of.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- ClinCalc LLC
- 36.1 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- ©2020 - ClinCalc LLC
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.