Meet the Flavor Maker app: Your best pal for discovering new dishes, detailed step-by-step recipe instructions, and weeknight inspiration. Every swipe and tap leads you – the flavor obsessed – to ultimate kitchen inspiration.
How? It’s easy. With the Flavor Maker app, you can:
• Scan McCormick herbs, spices and flavors to build your digital pantry
• Get instant access to cooking tips, related recipes, product ingredients, and nutritional information
• Stay organized and dream up new ways to make every meal even more delicious
Discover new recipes:
• Try thousands of recipes for holidays, special occasions or your next weeknight dinner
• Expand your palette with new twists on breakfast, dinner, dessert, and more
• Save and favorite recipes you love for easy access later or curate your perfect menu with custom collections
Sharpen your kitchen know-how:
• Watch fun yet simple how-to cooking videos and tutorials
• Read articles on the latest food trends, recipe ideas for your next gathering, and more
Save time at the grocery store AND in the kitchen:
• Easily capture your favorite spices within the app using product image search
• Track all your grocery needs in one place with a convenient, on-the-go shopping list and take it to the store or check-out through an online retailer
Get cooking and download the Flavor Maker app now!
Change on the internals to improve app usability
Ratings and Reviews
Tell Me More
First time using the app. Well done!!!
In viewing the chicken cacciatore recipe I noticed there are 49mg of cholesterol per serving. Wow that’s a lot. Would be nice to know what is the main culprit and some possible alternatives.
Poor search functionality
I downloaded this app because I found several recipes that I wanted to try on McCormick’s website and liked the idea of saving them all in one place. The search functionality is terrible. If I type in the exact title (as listed on the website) of what I am looking for, for example “slow cooker cheesy cornbread,” that exact match doesn’t pop up first; I have to scroll through tons of recipes that have nothing to do with cornbread (including desserts) to get alphabetically to “slow.” Even searching for recipes by keyword, for example “minestrone,” doesn’t bring up minestrone hits at the top; you have to scroll through many recipes that are confusing why they come up with minestrone before you find what you are looking for. I will still try some of the recipes I found, but don’t expect to use this app as much as I had hoped.
This will be a great app if they work out a few things. I’d like to see my spice inventory and be able to add all spices not just McCormick. Many of my McCormick spices didn’t scan or aren’t recognized. Cayanne. Coriander , caraway. Even vanilla extract. What’s the point if I can’t pull it up at the store and see what I need. It just shows me what I have. Meh. I’ll wait a bit but most likely will delete. Also can’t share between devices. Got it in tablet and phone but you’d have to enter your inventory in both. No way to create an account.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.