The ultimate note-taking app displayed in Apple's Apple Store worldwide.
"Featured app selected by Apple Editors - Editor's Choice, App of the Day, Note-taking on the next level, College Life, Apple Pencil Enhanced, New App We Loved, Noteworthy Apps & Game, Productivity Boost for teachers"
Whether you’re doing homework, reading school papers, researching documents, or looking through PDF textbooksー use Flexcil! Flexcil is an easy to use, annotation and note-taking tool. Simply highlight by pen gestures and capture images and text on the study-note by pen gestures! Save time transcribing summaries by gestures on study-note with your touch pen or Apple pencil.
You might be more comfortable using a pen and paper for studying right now, but once you download Flexcil, you’ll become more efficient and less stressed! Say goodbye to tired wrists, tedious underlining and boring note taking.
We created Flexcil with only one purpose in mindーto make your school work EASY and FUN.
• Seamlessly highlight and underline text by GESTURE
• Summarize and organize your thoughts, texts and notes
• Instantly open any PDF for reading and studying
• Zoom in to read small text
• Organize and manage your books AND notes
EASY AND INTUITIVE TOUCH GESTURES
• Drag and paste text flawlessly
• Smooth Image selection
• Reading and pen gesture mode - FLEXCIL EXCLUSIVE
• Search the dictionary for any definitions you need
• Simulate real-life note-taking by using your Apple Pencil
• Through our 3-step process, we guarantee you will never have any touch malfunctions
• Support Apple pencil 2nd generation & double tap
NO MORE PAIN
• Improved the tiring, old-fashioned way of writing which results in wrist/palm pain
• Comfortable for all users of any age!
• Support 2-page spread view (PDF / Notes)
• Folders/ Files/ Study Notes Category management
• Navigate annotations, contents, and reference document
• Support Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive & iCloud, Box
• Support iOS 11 Drag & Drop (iOS 11 or higher)
• Backup Data (iCloud / Google Drive / Dropbox, etc.)
• Support for video tips (Extend additional pen list when checking all the tips)
****** Flexcil Standard (One-time purchase for lifetime) ******
You can use more powerful core features through in-app-purchasing.
• Editing function
- Editing PDF pages (New)
- Adding / editing text boxes and images to PDF
- Editing Notes pages
- Adding / editing text boxes and images to Notes
- Navigate annotations and references in PDF and Study Notes
- Unlimited folders / Notes categories & pages
- Straight line drawing and Lasso function
- Extended gesture menu for search and bookmark (New)
- PDF & Notes bookmarks
- More pen lists and pen colors
- Colorful Notes covers and templates
- Exporting Notes and template removal function for exporting
- Remove watermark when exporting PDF
• Ongoing add-on updates
Flexcil welcomes your opinions and interests to improve our app into a valued service.
You can restore the backup file of Flexcil 1 in Flexcil 2.
• Please backup after updating Flexcil 1 to version 7.1.19 or higher.
• Please after updating Flexcil 2 to version 1.0.9 or higher, restore it.
• Fixed a bug where backup fails when the capacity is large
• Fixed a bug where backup files were not restored
• Fixed a bug where the file name was changed when restoring backup files
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great note-taking app! Exactly what I am looking for
This is the app I’ve been waiting for so long. My favorite feature of this app is that it allows me to hand write notes on a separate notebook while reading and annotating a PDF document. The other apps I have tried before have great support for hand writing notes on blank paper and annotating PDF files, but none of them allowed me to do both simultaneously.
This feature is greatly useful if you are reading some PDF documents (research paper, presentation slides and/or scanned textbooks) and want to keep your own, organized notes to assist learning/understanding. Usually there won’t be enough space in PDF docs, so you will have to take the notes somewhere else. I’ve tried getting a piece of paper out and writing the notes there. But it’s not very convenient since I will have to scan my notes later. I’ve also tried splitting screen and writing notes in a different app. But that is not quite comfortable since the app window will be smaller and I have to zoom and move the page a lot.
Flexcil does all I need. Many thanks to the developers!
One additional feature I would love to see in the future is the ability to customize the typed text. Right now I couldn’t change the color/size of my typed notes. It’s not a big issue for me since most of my notes are handwritten but I do think such customizability would be great.
Great app for researchers
This is a purposely designed app for digital note taking and documents highlighting/underlying. The ultimate purpose for these activities is to assist learning, memory and information retrieval. Flexcil allows one to perform these activities with minimal effort using gestures and these gestures are easy to learn and intuitive. Integration with Dropbox and Google Drive makes file management very easy.
After using it for a few hours, I would suggest the developers find an easier way to for users to change existing properties of annotations, such as highlighted colors, as well as adding more custom colors. For this please see for example the app Goodreads. Alternatively, I think the app can also take more advantage of the notes recorded by the user, to make them more available for further reviews and study by introducing a database that allows tagging and further classification (like Evernotes). For this you may also learn some elements from the app MarginNotes. Nonetheless, I believe this app has huge potential and it may very well become one of the best platform for digital learning. I hope this comes soon because I also just paid for the standard version :)
Developer Response ,
Hi, I sincerely appreciate you using Flexcil and reaching us. In addition to this, thank you so much for your remarkable compliments along with helpful feedback. It really encourages us to move forward in order to achieve the overall Flexcil improvements. As you already know, our Flexcil team is aiming to foster a more flexible and intuitive work/studying environments for all the users nationwide. Among the suggestions that you have mentioned above, diversification in pen colors is also what we are considering for the further developments. We are thinking of adding bookmark features in the near future as well to help users keep track on their notes as well. We thus can surely say that we will consistently work hard on developing a more enhanced version of Flexcil. If you have any questions regarding Flexcil, please do not hesitate to let us know via firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks a lot. Hope you have a great day today!!
User beware: Erases top and bottom content upon saving for new users
I gave this app a try for the first time today when taking notes on the lecture slides for one of my classes. The note-taking process was reasonable, but not as smooth as possible. The “undo” button is far away from the rest of the writing utilities, so that’s awkward to use and cannot be moved closer to the writing tools. Not a big deal, just not optimal.
However, I didn't discover something very discouraging upon finishing a lecture’s worth of note-taking: when I finished my class and wanted to save the file (this is not automaticity saved back into files/onto iCloud, even when the document to be written on is selected from such files), I found that this program writes over the top and bottom half-inch or so of each slide, making it impossible to read or see any lecture content or notes on that portion of the slides. Very disappointing to learn this after taking full-frame notes. I did not see a warning for first-time users that this would occur, as it was not present on my slides until after saving them. If these obnoxious branding bars was added somewhere that didn’t erase my notes, it would be as much of a problem. They do offer a free trial for 10 days, so we’ll see if it’s worth the $10 as an upgrade from markup.
- Flexcil Inc.
- 207.6 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Flexcil Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Flexcil Standard $8.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.