Join the movement!
FlexIt is an easy to use fitness app that provides pay-as-you-go access to gyms. It’s as simple as: scan in, work out, scan out! No tour, no paperwork! Only pay for the time you use (prices vary at each facility).
- Search, find, and work out at some of the top gyms and fitness clubs in the country
- Access over 500 gyms in eight markets across the US, and only pay for the time you use
- Enjoy all the amenities our great club partners have to offer, including group fitness classes, pools, saunas, basketball, and more!
How does it work?
- After downloading, create an account and confirm your email
- Browse in map or list view to find a gym you’d like to visit
- Once you are at the gym, go to the menu in the upper left corner and click ‘Check In’
- Scan in by hovering your phone over the QR mount at the front desk - no tour, no paperwork!
- Work out!
- When you leave, click ‘Check Out’ in the menu and hover your phone over the QR code to end your session
- Leave a review and log workout notes
- Your total time and money spent (at a by-the-minute rate) will be displayed and a receipt will be sent to your email
Use FlexIt to:
- Explore gyms if you’re new to the fitness scene or want to get your fitness back on track
- Try out gyms when you move to a new zip code
- Avoid compromising your routine when traveling
- Access recovery, strength training, and cardio equipment as an outdoor enthusiast (runners and bikers) - especially when the weather acts up!
The buzz about FlexIt:
“…this app gives me, a non-gym-goer for the most part, the opportunity to explore my options.” - Samantha Brodsky, POPSUGAR
“Convenience is key with this app, allowing users … options to squeeze in a quick workout if they find themselves in a part of their city they don’t usually frequent.”
-Mashable, Best Fitness Technology of 2019
What you’ll love about FlexIt:
- Filter based on preferences such as location, rates, amenities, and group fitness
- Only pay for the time you use
- Workout wherever, whenever – the on-demand access you expect, now in fitness!
Ratings and Reviews
As a self proclaimed fitness junkie, this app is exactly what I have been looking for. Consistent with my non-committal personality, I am now afforded the opportunity to access fitness without locking myself into the dreaded group fitness class or throwing away money on my bougie gym membership that I will only use occasionally.
Neat idea, lacking execution
I love the idea, but the app is obnoxious (choosing to view the list of local gyms will immediately send you a notification nagging you to sign up), and the prices are shockingly bad.
After two one-hour gym visits, you will have spent more than the cost of a contract membership. And FlexIt users have limits on quantity of visits, access, and gym amenities that members do not. Not exactly the deal they claim to be.
And if you’re going to the gym at least 3-4 times a month, you can get a month-to-month membership at FlexIt’s partner gyms (or most other gyms) for less than you’d spend for the restrictive FlexIt experience, and still not be tied down with long-term contracts.
Got me going to the gym again
Everyone used to always tell me I should workout more, but I would always have an excuse for why I couldn’t. But flexit made it so easy to cheaply and conveniently use gyms that I couldn’t make any more excuses. Now I’m workin out all the time
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.