You have access to two different design:
- One which look like a Flight Management System (FMS) with a lot of functions (wind triangle calculation, cross-wind, converter unit, coordinates converter, position and tracking.
- One in 3D design like a real computer (the best circular slide rule for all pilots) especially design for "learning".
"Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life."
- add FMS design for iPhone !
- bugs fixed
- iOS 11 update
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
not ready for prime time
I'm intrigued by the "wind vector" side of the app, of which the analog graphic display is very good — but the digital output is bass-ackwards and "out to lunch". Maybe the code writer is using different conventions for understanding E6B functions — or maybe he dosen't understand at all — but the resultant wind vector digital output of the app (i.e., wind correction angles and ground speeds) makes zero sense.
(I could not care less about the circular slide rule side of the E6B; 90% of the time, simple calculations with a cheap calculator does the trick, anyway).
That said, if the user has a good grasp of how to use an E6B and disregards the "digital output" of the app, in a world of electronic E6Bs and all-in-one flight computing, the wind vector side can be a "quaint" throwback to simpler times which can be useful for teaching the classic E6B, and allow the student/user to gain an understanding of the effects of wind on an aircraft's ground track. Because of that, well, I actually like it.
The developer, Yannick VENNET, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Yannick VENNET
- 13.6 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © "2013-2018 YANNICK VENNET"
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.