Fly over mountains, valleys, waterfalls, canyons, and caverns. Land your plane on aircraft carriers, airfields, and airports. Soar over the ranges, or dodge trees on the deck. Unlock new airfields, aircraft, missions and challenges!
Flight Theory is a flight simulator that focuses on realism and fun. Tilt your device to control the airplane. Drag your finger across the screen to look around and take in the sights.
Perform a perfect landing and top the leader board or just fly around for fun!
- Virtual 3D cockpits.
- Land on aircraft carriers and airfields.
- Detailed 3D terrain. Soar over mountains, valleys, trees, and rivers.
- Unlockable airfields and missions. Completing one mission unlocks the next in the series. Each mission can be replayed with random start and end locations.
- Online leaderboards and achievements. Each landing is scored by a number of factors. Line up perfectly, land gently, and you'll be rewarded with a great score!
- Focus on realism and fun. Flight Theory simulates stalls, lift, drag, flaps, and more.
- Free Flight mode.
- World War 1 / World War 2 era aircraft and more.
Flight Theory is a simulator in continuous development. Please send any suggestions for improvements, new planes, or features you’d like to see in future updates.
Fasten your seat belt and put tray tables in their upright position. Flight Theory is quite a ride. Take off today!
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
- Added MFi Game Controller support!
- Aircraft will now steer using the rudder on the ground.
- Turning on the ground is easier with engine power.
- Increased tilt sensitivity (can be tuned in Settings)
- Bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
I love flight sims, and iOS has few good ones. This one is fair. It's better than those Flight Unlimited things, but it's not quite up to Infinite Flights realism. The planes here don't look great. Kind of low rez, and blurry, but not terrible either. The terrain is OK, and I think is actually better than Infinite Flights.
It looks like there are only 3 planes?
The flight physics seem a little simplified, yet smooth enough to feel pretty close to realistic. The sense of movement or speed feels too slow. The rudder is backwards.
There are no working instruments so its not always easy to know what your angle or pitch is from time to time.
The area you have to fly in is really small. At least there are bridges, trees and water. Plus there's an old aircraft carrier.
It's not a bad start, but there is work to be done.
Nice fun fight sim
I love flight sims and have enjoyed many on IOS. This one is refreshing and fun. The controls are good leaning on realism. Not the best as a flight sim but fun to fly. Works welll with a game controller. The game controller gives you more controls than tilt steering. Recommend using a game controller for more realism. It has a lot area to fly with good graphics, runs smoothly on my IPad 6th Gen. The altitude in Feet does not work in imperial measurement but switching to metric does fine.
This game really stinks. Took $5 with nothin in return!!!
I really tried hard to like this game but it wouldn't even let me land on one of the missions! I also bought all of the planes and it still wouldn't let me fly them!!! I would really like my $5.00 back now! Cheap and no good!!!
The developer, Jason Allen, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Jason Allen
- 188.5 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 7.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Copyright 2018 Jason Allen
- In-App Purchases
- Flight Theory Pro $2.99
- Cessna 172 Skyhawk $0.99
- All Plane Packs! $4.99
- Plane Pack #1 $0.99
- Plane Pack #3 $1.99
- Plane Pack #2 $1.99