Flightview Elite - Real-Time Flight Tracker, Flight Boards and Airport Delay Status
Flight tracking app from the leaders in real-time flight information. Track upcoming and in-air flights, and receive status alerts via push notification. View Arrivals and Departures Boards for top airports. Check gate assignments, delays and cancellations and use the attractive flight map to see a flight's progress. Forward your itinerary confirmation emails and Flightview will automatically load them into your Trips. See your Trips across mobile devices and at www.Flightview.com. View a North American airport delay map with radar weather overlay. Wherever life takes you, count on Flightview to help you travel smarter!
"Easy-to-use app that should be an essential for air travelers" - Practical Travel Gear
"I highly recommend this App, even if you only fly a few times a year it would be incredibly useful." - AppShouter
• Flight Boards - Arrivals and Departures boards available for top airports
Flight Tracking Features:
• Track flights on a map showing flight path and current radar weather
• My Home page gives an easy view into your home airport's current status and your next trip
• Flight Status Push Alerts for flights stored in My Trips
• View terminal, gate and baggage claim information
• See where the plane for your flight is coming from, and check its status via Aircraft's Previous Flight
• Driving Directions to Airport integration with iPhone Maps
• Easily find alternative flights by viewing flight schedules between cities
• Search flights up to 350 days in the future and save them
• See My Next Trip information on the iOS 'Today' view
My Trips Features:
• Forward your itinerary confirmation email to Trips@Flightview.com, and it will be automatically loaded into your My Trips on your device
• Trips are synced between devices and with www.Flightview.com so you can quickly reference their statuses everywhere
• Add notes to flights or trips, such as car rental and hotel reservation numbers, and keep all of your day-of-travel information in one place
• While in-flight, review your saved itineraries in Airplane mode
Airport Delay Information Features:
• View a color-coded map of airport delays in the US & Canada with weather overlay to see how your travel plans could be affected
• View list of airports suffering the Biggest Departure Delays right now
• View Flightview's proprietary Airport Delay Index for 180 major airports in the US and Canada
• View FAA Airport Closures & Delay Programs for major airports in the US
• Post your Flight or the Flights within a Trip to your iPhone Calendar
• Share trip itineraries via email or share flights via email or SMS/text
• Post your Trip Itinerary or Flight Information on Facebook
• Login to Flightview using Facebook login
• View current weather conditions at arrival and departure airports on the Flight Details screen
• 7-Day Weather forecast so you can see the weather forecast for both ends of your trip
Other Great Features:
• Call an airline reservation number directly from the Flight Details screen
• In the Help section, read the Frequently Asked Questions and their answers, Flight Tracking Tips, Flight Status definitions and Flight Tracking terms
• Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Great but needs a little bit of work
This app is very solid, but I have a few issues. I was a user of another flight tracking app that i liked a lot before becoming a convert to FlightView. The feature that made me change, is the ability to see the previous flight info. I’m a flight attendant, and input all of my flights that I’m working. The ability to see this info about the status of the plane I will be working next, is great to have.
Issues I have with FlightView are not major, but would make for a more convenient use. In my recent use, I tried grouping my flights together (say I’m working for 3 days in a row and have 2 flights per day). I name the trip with six flights in it. When I get notifications, the name of the trip comes up instead of the specific flight number within the trip and it’s info, such as gate#. I know I can tap the notification to see the info in the app, I just feel that I should be able to see that info at a glance in the notification.
Another issue is with the trips button. When selecting trips, the trips are not in calendar date order. It would seem that upcoming trips would be at the top and you scroll down in Calendar order to each upcoming trip, but it is opposite. My trips show the last trip of the month at the top, and the closer upcoming trips are at the bottom where the completed flights are located.
Overall, it’s a great app, and worth the fee to go elite.
Great app, a few suggestions
As good as i could find after a longtime favorite went away. Does its primary task of tracking flights very well. To me key is distinguishing departed, wheels up, landed and at gate. And having map reflect actual flight rather then be based on scheduled time. The new mail-in itinerary feature is key too.
It would be nice if the share function allowed actual flight data to be sent rather than link to site. Also, terminal maps and seat info would be handy for us frequent travelers.
The feature I’d like most though is for flight search to offer connecting flight results and not just direct.
I just started. Job where I will be flying almost weekly. Sometimes to multiple locations around the country in one week.
I was anxious to have all this flight information in different locations apps, and emails. I thought I might need to create some kind of excel spreadsheet to get all my flight information in chronological order. I am so thrilled to find this app. Not only does it do that for me, but so much more like list the weather and flight map, flight delays, flight numbers and gate too. So cool 😊
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.