Bring animations to life with the new and improved FlipaClip, perfect for pros and newcomers alike! Check out our new home page, animation tools & more and get inspired!
Animate your dreams and bring them to life! FlipaClip's powerful and fun animation tools make frame-by-frame animation easy.
Make amazing animations with the newly redesigned FlipaClip! Track your projects with a beautiful new home page and easy stacks, switch between light and dark mode, and discover new possibilities from FlipaClip video creators.
Join our growing community of animators and artists creating unique and exciting animations every day! Share your creations with the world on YouTube, Instagram, TikTok and other popular platforms, and search for FlipaClip animations to get inspired!
Whether you’re sketching, storyboarding, animating or learning, FlipaClip provides the best drawing and animating experience. The simple and intuitive controls are easy to learn and powerful enough to bring your ideas to life!
Learn frame-by-frame animation, draw pictures and turn them into animated gifs, or draw over videos to create a rotoscope video. Quickly select content with the lasso tool and adjust the colors easily with the new paint bucket.
Check out your animation frame by frame or jump to the beginning or end with a tap. You’ll be creating animated videos and cartoons like a pro with FlipaClip!
FlipaClip comes with everything you need to start animating. Draw cartoons with frame-by-frame animation to bring them to life, add audio (including up to eight tracks!) and share your animated works with the world!
Challenge your animation skills and participate in our contests! You could win exciting prizes just by having fun!
Download FlipaClip today and start animating!
• Draw with practical tools like Brushes, Lasso, Fill, Paint Buckets, Eraser, Ruler shapes, and insert Text with multiple font options all for free!
• Custom canvas sizes - up to 1920x1920!
• Apple Pencil is supported.
• Use up to 3 layers for free!
• Go pro and add up to 10 layers!
• Yes, we’ve listened to you and added more layers but please note app may experience performance issues after adding more than 6 layers.
• Animating frame-by-frame is super easy with an intuitive animation timeline and practical tools
• Onion skin animating tool
• Frames viewer
• Overlay grids to guide your animations
• Back/forward animation controls
• And more!
• Easily add and edit audio clips using up to eight audio tracks for free.
• Add dialogue to your animation with voice recording!
• Import your own audio files for a low cost.
• Get creative with our popular curated sound fx audio packages.
INSERT IMAGES & VIDEOS
• Animate images you import or draw on top of your videos.
• Add rotoscopes to your videos.
• Drag and drop images on your canvas. (Only on iPadOS 11 and higher)
• Save your animated movies as MP4 or GIF files.
• PNG sequences with transparency are supported.
• Post your animated videos to YouTube.
• Share your animation anywhere!
• Post to TikTok, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, or Tumblr.
• Discover videos by FlipaClip creators and get inspired!
• Participate for free in all kinds of challenges we put out.
• Win exciting prizes while having fun!
See what FlipaClip users are creating! Search #FlipaClip on Instagram, or find these creators featured in our App Store screenshots:
Follow us on Instagram:
Subscribe to our YouTube channel:
Have any app issues or want to share ideas?
Go to http://support.flipaclip.us/
- Animation max audio limit increase from 15 min to 60 min.
- Shouldn't dismiss when tapping outside the account screens.
- Contest Home Screen can be cancellable by tapping outside.
- "Copy" not added to layer name after cloning a layer.
- In app banner notification blocks touch actions until it disappears.
- FlipaClip account creation age picker not showing up correctly.
- Account auth fails when account data doesn't exist.
- Onion and Grid settings sliders don't reset if feature is blocked.
- Frames viewer misspelled "beginning".
- Frames viewer singular the word FRAME not shown when deleting a single frame.
- Disabled landscape access to FlipaClip accounts and contest screens.
- Article embedded video loop playback keep running and pause after a tap.
Ratings and Reviews
Hello, I’ve been using flipaclip for three years almost and I’ve grown attached to it, but I am here to complain about its newest update. I find it hard to use because I have a iPhone XR and with the swipe up to view all previous tabs gets in the way of animating because well, it’s like the home button and I keep exiting out from flipaclip it’s a real pain. But with the older version of flipaclip it doesn’t have that issue. I wish there could be a way to switch between the versions. With its new look it feels like it’s brand new and it doesn’t feel right or comfortable I keep looking at my other animations and see that they are much better than the ones I am currently making it’s easier to play back and forth between frames and it’s not only me who is complaining but a few of my other friends who also used flipaclip before it got its update. It makes us beginner animators very upset to start from the beginning all over again it’s like losing motivation and making a bunch of WIPS instead only find yourself going nowhere. So please, I suggest there should be a way for animators who use flipaclip to revert between the old version and the new version not only would it make the people I know happy but it’d be a win for everyone. Some people like the newer version they can have it, others don’t like it they can have their old friend back! So please I hope you think or at least take a moment to consider this. This is all I had to say thank you!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for a detailed review of the FlipaClip - very much appreciated. Feedback like yours is a great help for us to know what our users want in the app. All points are taken well and will be submitted to our dev team for consideration. Again, thank you!
If you have any other questions or concerns feel free to email us at email@example.com and our support team will be able to help you!
Great but here's the thing
Hello Flipaclip creators, I love this app because it is great for beginners at animation and people who either not draw on paper, or can not find an app to animate or draw on. I have found a few bugs that need to be fixed, the first one I found was that when I was doing a simple animation when it started crashing every time I tried to play it or slide the frames, it really annoyed me so I did not do the animation anymore until it started to affect my phone, so all of my movies and animations had to be deleted because I had to delete the app for it to be able to work I know it is not just me who had gone through the app crashing. The second one I found was that, my Flipaclip did something that didn't like, it made me not being able to slide the frames and if I wanted to play the animation it would go slower or faster then I put the frame speed to be, and like the first I had to delete my Flipaclip again because it was affecting my phone. The last one I found was, the Comeback Contest, it was going slower than the frames should be and the paint bucket wouldn't work, same with the highlighter, and the pencil. The same thing happened to my friend who was also doing the contest. I also would like if the new audio update would work because when it came out I deleted the app and got it again but when I got it again there wasn't the update and again the same thing happened to my friend. I would like if you fixed the bugs and update thank you.
Developer Response ,
Hi Alana, thank you for taking the time in letting us know what you had experienced with FlipaClip. I am very sorry and I'd love to help! Let's start by updating your app to the latest version, once done please use the app to animate and if the issue persists, kindly email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we could further look into this.
An amazing app, just a few more suggestions that could make it better...
I’ve been using FlipaClip for about a year now and let me just say this is one of the BEST mobile animating softwares. There is a pretty much easy to use UI and and many good features like adding sounds and videos/pictures. What I think that would make FlipaClip much of an easier app to edit animations further, is by adding a blur pen tool, that allows you to blur anything at any opacity. This would definitely save more time from shrinking and blowing up drawn images to blur them😅. Another thing that should be added is a camera pan and zoom. This can make an animation that looks flat, look more realistic! I know that FlipaClip isn’t specifically made for editing animations, more so creating them, but it would be very awesome to have. I also know that this would take lots of time to program, which is why blur tool and specific functions of the camera pan and zoom could be bought in a bundle pack! One last thing that would make our animations look better is a tool that allows our lines to be straighter. Sometimes I will draw a figure and the lines of it would look scraggly so this would also really help! This could also be part of a flipaclip bundle pack. Overall, though, the app is a very great one, and I recommend this to all beginners out there! It’s actually really good for average animators out there as well. I really hope you guys notice this and I want to thank you for this amazing app😍😍😍
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your detailed review of FlipaClip. It is very much appreciated. Feedback like yours is a great help for us to know what our users want in the app. We will review this in detail with our development team for consideration. If you have any other suggestions we would love to hear them! If you haven’t already joined, please come visit our community (https://discord.gg/flipaclip) and share your ideas in our App Suggestions channel!
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Visual Blasters, LLC
- 130.3 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, German, Indonesian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © Visual Blasters LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Feature Bundle $9.99
- Add longer videos $1.99
- Add more layers $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.