An award-winning app that curates news and information for all your interests. With thousands of national and local sources, Flipboard is one place to stay connected to the stories that matter every day.
You can personalize it for the news you care about; follow business, health, tech, sports teams, cooking, travel and more to get up-to-the-minute developments as well as insightful longreads and inspiration. And now with more than 1,000 cities and towns in the U.S. and Canada, it’s easy to follow your local news and happenings, just enable location to get a list of cities and towns near you.
You can also collect stories you like by using the + button to add them to your own Flipboard Magazine. Make your magazine public to share ideas and insights with your community.
USE FLIPBOARD TO:
- Keep up on the latest stories from the world’s leading national and local publications, including The New York Times, National Geographic, TIME, The Atlantic, BBC, and thousands more.
- Follow Local feeds for updates on COVID-19 as well as other regional news, weather, commute, sports, and dining.
- Create personalized news feeds with “Smart Magazines” (swipe left to add more at any time)
- Create personalized news feeds based on your interests in “Smart Magazines”
- Curate stories to share with others: Use the + (plus) on any article to add them to your own Flipboard Magazine to collect for yourself or share ideas with friends.
- Enjoy expertly curated collections from our editorial team, including The Daily Edition, 10 for Today, The Tech Digest, The Tastiest, and more.
SOME OF THE PUBLISHERS ON FLIPBOARD:
- News & Politics: The New York Times, CNN, The Washington Post, Politico, Axios
Technology & Science: TechCrunch, Wired, Fast Company, Popular Science, National Geographic, ReCode
- Business & Entrepreneurship: The Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg, Fortune, Forbes, Inc. Magazine, Entrepreneur
- Wellness & Lifestyle: Brit + Co., Self, Greatist, Prevention, Women's Health, Men's Health
Entertainment: People, Entertainment Weekly, Rolling Stone, PopSugar,Hollywood Reporter, Variety
- Food & Cooking: Bon Appetit, Food & Wine, Food52, Serious Eats, Eater
- Travel: Travel + Leisure, Condé Nast Traveler, Lonely Planet, Budget Travel, AFAR
- Sports: ESPN, CBS Sports, Fox Sports, SB Nation, Bleacher Report
- Home & Gardening: ELLE DECOR, House Beautiful, Dwell, Remodelista, Gardenista
- Style: Vogue, Refinery29, GQ, Elle, Glamour, Esquire, Harper's Bazaar, W Magazine
- Outdoor Adventure: Outside, Bicycling Magazine, Runner's World, Snowboarder Magazine, Powder Magazine, Canoe & Kayak
And many, many more...
KEEP UP WITH FLIPBOARD:
For product updates and the latest from our blog, including tips on how to use Flipboard, follow us on:
We’d love to hear what you think! Reach out to our support team under Settings > Help & Feedback. For any other technical issues or questions, contact us at http://flip.it/support.
- Personalize Any Topic: Find a topic you love, follow it and you’ll be prompted to tune it to your preferences. On topics you follow already you’ll see a new ‘tune’ icon on the topic feed (bottom right).
- Paywall indicator: There’s a new icon on articles that may require a subscription so you know before you open the story. Let us know about paywalls we may have missed using the three-dot menu reporting feature.
- Need help using the Flipboard? Browse our help articles by opening Settings, then Help & Feedback. Or, contact us at flip.it/help.
Ratings and Reviews
This is (IMO) the best news app. Possibilities are endless and I’ve been using it for years now. I get a nice variety of news and the organization is great. My gripe since day 1 is the “cancel” button when commenting being too close to the keyboard. You’ll type something out and then you might accidentally tap cancel and erase your whole thing. I know no other app in the universe that would put the cancel button so close on a touch screen app. That needs to move, I’ve said it before, and you clearly have no intention to move it, but it’s bad. Also a couple days ago the widget you can place on a page of your phone stopped working, went black, when trying to fix it, it completely disappeared from the option to add. But the setting is still available inside the actual app, so I hope that gets fixed or something. I can’t find anything online relating to widgets vanishing the way this one did. Deleted and reinstalled app, did all the steps I can find online but I’m guessing it’s something else wrong. The widget for this app was the only good one out of all the news apps I have and it’s gone.
Flipboard is great. However...they may want address how many user comments are legitimate thoughts written by actual readers. Many comments connected to articles appear to be written by users with little or no flips, likes, or magazines...perhaps indicating no real investment into the app or no desire to actually read articles...they only want a venue to
help foster disagreements. Many of these comments look purposely incendiary. Considering that many of these articles go on to be posted on Facebook or Twitter, Flipboard may want to do its part to curb bots and “fake news” and encourage legitimate discussion rather than fostering division. Commenters who actually have flips or magazines are few and far between, indicating an overwhelming number of commenters are not real accounts. Flipboard, please solve this, you have a responsibility to NOT contribute to division.
Addition: The comments are now even more prevalent and, if you can believe this, more negative and divisive from both sides. These commenters haven’t even read the articles! It’s ridiculous! These are definitely bots or trolls meant to drive up anger. Flipboard replied to my last review that I could “report” these users. Are you kidding me!?!? I’d have to report ALL of them on every article. How is this responsible of you as a company?!?! What are you doing to curb this besides putting it on the onus of your legit users to “report” every single fake user?!?!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the feedback! We want Flipboard to be safe and enjoyable for everyone. If you ever come across inappropriate comments on Flipboard, please use the Report feature to let us know. We monitor reports daily against our community guidelines. For help, go to Settings, Help & Feedback, Contact Support, then Contact Us.
Beautiful program for reading information from on-line. It’s in my top 5 most used iPad apps!!!!
If you have not tried this app, you must try it out!
It's very graphical and pretty on my retina iPad and my 12.9” iPad Pro. Generally works very smoothly. Could cache the data a little better / faster, I've got fast internet at home, but sometimes it's slow updating and if I just spent a while reading the last entry, seems like it could read ahead a little bit, it could make the experiences so much better...
BUT be careful if you have a cellular connection! FlipBoard (being so graphical and beautiful) is a HUGE a data hog (assuming you're viewing something graphical and not text) so if you're on a low data plan be careful. I used over 10% of my 250MB data plan in less than 5 minutes (I tested this again at the end of this month, just a few minutes and 50MB of data was gone!). This is NOT a flaw, it's just the way super graphical apps are, but it goes SO fast I wanted to point it out.
Because of the retina display it "shrinks" some graphics too small (like animated GIFs in Tumblr pages) and it's too hard to read. Needs some user adjustment on that (what size to shrink to retina proportions) and to size text. It shrinks things WAY too far on the iPad Pro.
It’s got a great search option that searches a variety of sources all at once.
I don't think it's as useful on the iPhone for browsing, maybe if you went to a specific section, but I'm still not sold on that yet...
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Flipboard, Inc.
- 106.6 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2010-2021 Flipboard Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.