An award-winning app that curates news and information for all your interests. With thousands of national and local sources, Flipboard is one place to stay connected to the stories that matter every day.
You can personalize it for the news you care about; follow business, health, tech, sports teams, cooking, travel and more to get up-to-the-minute developments as well as insightful longreads and inspiration. And now with more than 1,000 cities and towns in the U.S. and Canada, it’s easy to follow your local news and happenings, just enable location to get a list of cities and towns near you.
You can also collect stories you like by using the + button to add them to your own Flipboard Magazine. Make your magazine public to share ideas and insights with your community.
USE FLIPBOARD TO:
- Keep up on the latest stories from the world’s leading national and local publications, including The New York Times, National Geographic, TIME, The Atlantic, BBC, and thousands more.
- Follow Local feeds for updates on COVID-19 as well as other regional news, weather, commute, sports, and dining.
- Create personalized news feeds with “Smart Magazines” (swipe left to add more at any time)
- Create personalized news feeds based on your interests in “Smart Magazines”
- Curate stories to share with others: Use the + (plus) on any article to add them to your own Flipboard Magazine to collect for yourself or share ideas with friends.
- Enjoy expertly curated collections from our editorial team, including The Daily Edition, 10 for Today, The Tech Digest, The Tastiest, and more.
SOME OF THE PUBLISHERS ON FLIPBOARD:
- News & Politics: The New York Times, CNN, The Washington Post, Politico, Axios
Technology & Science: TechCrunch, Wired, Fast Company, Popular Science, National Geographic, ReCode
- Business & Entrepreneurship: The Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg, Fortune, Forbes, Inc. Magazine, Entrepreneur
- Wellness & Lifestyle: Brit + Co., Self, Greatist, Prevention, Women's Health, Men's Health
Entertainment: People, Entertainment Weekly, Rolling Stone, PopSugar,Hollywood Reporter, Variety
- Food & Cooking: Bon Appetit, Food & Wine, Food52, Serious Eats, Eater
- Travel: Travel + Leisure, Condé Nast Traveler, Lonely Planet, Budget Travel, AFAR
- Sports: ESPN, CBS Sports, Fox Sports, SB Nation, Bleacher Report
- Home & Gardening: ELLE DECOR, House Beautiful, Dwell, Remodelista, Gardenista
- Style: Vogue, Refinery29, GQ, Elle, Glamour, Esquire, Harper's Bazaar, W Magazine
- Outdoor Adventure: Outside, Bicycling Magazine, Runner's World, Snowboarder Magazine, Powder Magazine, Canoe & Kayak
And many, many more...
KEEP UP WITH FLIPBOARD:
For product updates and the latest from our blog, including tips on how to use Flipboard, follow us on:
We’d love to hear what you think! Reach out to our support team under Settings > Help & Feedback. For any other technical issues or questions, contact us at http://flip.it/support.
- Personalize Any Topic: Find a topic you love, follow it and you’ll be prompted to tune it to your preferences. On topics you follow already you’ll see a new ‘tune’ icon on the topic feed (bottom right).
- Paywall indicator: There’s a new icon on articles that may require a subscription so you know before you open the story. Let us know about paywalls we may have missed using the three-dot menu reporting feature.
- New History tab (clock icon) in your Profile shows the last 400 items you opened on Flipboard so you can easily find recently read items.
- Need help using the Flipboard? Browse our help articles by opening Settings, then Help & Feedback. Or, contact us at flip.it/help.
Ratings and Reviews
Good App for Topical News
This app is not as good or user friendly as the 5-star Zite app it consumed and killed, but it is OK a for finding news on specific topics that may be of personal or professional interest, often that you may not find elsewhere (the main reason I use this app). There seem to be some bugs involving sharing via social media where the headlines don't show up, just an abbreviated link. The web interface on a desktop is sometimes better & more usable than the iPhone app in some ways. Linked articles where ads cover so much of the screen I can't see the article & the ad won't close without opening in safari can be a problem. Also, I have subscribed to a bunch of "channels" that seem to have gone dormant with no new content for months & find that it's difficult to unsubscribe or even move them to the bottom so they're at least out of the way. Would be nice if it were easier to organize or delete these saved topics (especially for those of us who follow a lot)
Developer Response ,
Appreciate the thorough review, sconnell2! We'll be sure to share your feedback with the rest of the team. We can help clarify some of these feedback points, in particular, the ads experience, "channels" not updating, and ways for organizing your content. Just message us inside the app using the Help & Feedback page, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We're happy to help!
Flipboard is great. However...they may want address how many user comments are legitimate thoughts written by actual readers. Many comments connected to articles appear to be written by users with little or no flips, likes, or magazines...perhaps indicating no real investment into the app or no desire to actually read articles...they only want a venue to
help foster disagreements. Many of these comments look purposely incendiary. Considering that many of these articles go on to be posted on Facebook or Twitter, Flipboard may want to do its part to curb bots and “fake news” and encourage legitimate discussion rather than fostering division. Commenters who actually have flips or magazines are few and far between, indicating an overwhelming number of commenters are not real accounts. Flipboard, please solve this, you have a responsibility to NOT contribute to division.
Addition: The comments are now even more prevalent and, if you can believe this, more negative and divisive from both sides. These commenters haven’t even read the articles! It’s ridiculous! These are definitely bots or trolls meant to drive up anger. Flipboard replied to my last review that I could “report” these users. Are you kidding me!?!? I’d have to report ALL of them on every article. How is this responsible of you as a company?!?! What are you doing to curb this besides putting it on the onus of your legit users to “report” every single fake user?!?!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the feedback! We want Flipboard to be safe and enjoyable for everyone. If you ever come across inappropriate comments on Flipboard, please use the Report feature to let us know. We monitor reports daily against our community guidelines. For help, go to Settings, Help & Feedback, Contact Support, then Contact Us.
Really disappointed. Many limitations for customization
I was looking for an app to provide me customized news based on my preferences. It was exhausting seeing negative news all the time either about coronavirus or politics that I wanted an app that can deliver me news just on a particular topic like art or design. Not that I don’t keep myself informed on other sources but I wanted to customize this news app to inspire creativity. I was excited when I saw that Flipboard does have the capabilities to customize but this is also its downfall. Even while just browsing the art or design tags, I still received news on my boards about politics or other topics I wasn’t interested in. I knew this would be a possibility because some news items may also be tagged that way based on the article’s content. However, I tried to customize it further by using the “less like this” option. Regardless of how many times I have selected “less like this” of a certain topic, it still comes up day after day...despite those same exact keywords showing up as an option to see “less like this.” I really tried and gave this app a good few weeks but unfortunately, I’m off searching for a new app.
Developer Response ,
We appreciate your feedback. At the moment, it is not possible to entirely block a topic or a category. If you'd like to share further feedback, feel free to reach out through "Contact" at flip.it/help and we can further assist you.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Flipboard, Inc.
- 102.3 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2010-2020 Flipboard Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.