Flipboard: The Social Magazine 12+
Stories curated by enthusiasts
Go beyond the headlines and hot takes, and dive deeper into the stories that matter to you with the award-winning Flipboard app. Flipboard is made for and by enthusiasts, with content curated on thousands of topics from world renown publishers, local outlets and the community.
Personalize Flipboard to get just the content you care about. Follow business, health, tech, sports, cooking, travel and more to stay up-to-date, dive deeper into the things you love or discover something new. You can even follow local news and events. Just enable location services to get a list of towns and cities near you.
Collect stories you like into your own Flipboard Magazine. Use the + (plus) button on any story in Flipboard to add it to your own Magazine. Make your Magazine public to share ideas and insights with an ever-growing community of enthusiasts curating on Flipboard.
USE FLIPBOARD TO:
- Keep up on all your interests with the latest stories from leading national publishers including Associate Press, The Washington Post, ESPN, National Geographic, NPR, TIME, The Atlantic, BBC, CBS, NBC and thousands more.
- Follow your city for local updates, regional news, weather, commute, sports, and dining.
- Curate stories you find informative or inspiring and share with others: Use the + (plus) button on any article to save it to your own Flipboard Magazine.
- Follow other experts and enthusiasts who are curating about topics you love.
- Turn on notifications and use the Flipboard widget to get stories delivered to you everyday.
GET FLIPBOARD IN YOUR INBOX:
Now get the amazing content and curation on Flipboard delivered to your Inbox. There’s a Flipboard Newsletter for our most popular topics. Sign up for The Tastiest for foodies, the Tech Briefing for tech enthusiasts, the Climate Briefing for environmental news, Wanderlust for travelers, The Shot for photographers and many more.
Visit flipboard.com/newsletters to view and subscribe to all of the Flipboard Newsletters.
KEEP UP WITH FLIPBOARD:
For product updates, the latest from our blog, and tips on how to use Flipboard, follow us on Flipboard and other social platforms:
We’d love to hear what you think! Reach out to our support team under Settings > Help & Feedback. For any other technical issues or questions, contact us at http://flip.it/support.
- Magazine covers have a new look and are more social!
- Invite people to contribute stories and ideas to your Magazine directly from the cover. Simply tap the invite icon next to your profile picture.
- Now you can like and comment on a Magazine cover to let curators know you enjoy the collection as a whole.
- Check out the Mastodon beta: To add your Mastodon feeds to Flipboard, visit your profile, select the gear icon (Settings) and then select “Connected Accounts.”
- Commenting improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
If you find yourself tossing out stacks of magazines and newspapers you’ve saved just to read one article, Flipboard can help organize your reading materials and clean off your cluttered coffee table in the process. Download it and go through a series of categories (health, travel, fashion, movies, etc.) to pick the ones that most interest you.
Beautiful program for reading information from on-line. It’s in my top 5 most used iPad apps!!!!
If you have not tried this app, you must try it out!
It's very graphical and pretty on my retina iPad and my 12.9” iPad Pro. Generally works very smoothly. Could cache the data a little better / faster, I've got fast internet at home, but sometimes it's slow updating and if I just spent a while reading the last entry, seems like it could read ahead a little bit, it could make the experiences so much better...
BUT be careful if you have a cellular connection! FlipBoard (being so graphical and beautiful) is a HUGE a data hog (assuming you're viewing something graphical and not text) so if you're on a low data plan be careful. I used over 10% of my 250MB data plan in less than 5 minutes (I tested this again at the end of this month, just a few minutes and 50MB of data was gone!). This is NOT a flaw, it's just the way super graphical apps are, but it goes SO fast I wanted to point it out.
Because of the retina display it "shrinks" some graphics too small (like animated GIFs in Tumblr pages) and it's too hard to read. Needs some user adjustment on that (what size to shrink to retina proportions) and to size text. It shrinks things WAY too far on the iPad Pro.
It’s got a great search option that searches a variety of sources all at once.
I don't think it's as useful on the iPhone for browsing, maybe if you went to a specific section, but I'm still not sold on that yet...
Flipboard is great. However...they may want address how many user comments are legitimate thoughts written by actual readers. Many comments connected to articles appear to be written by users with little or no flips, likes, or magazines...perhaps indicating no real investment into the app or no desire to actually read articles...they only want a venue to
help foster disagreements. Many of these comments look purposely incendiary. Considering that many of these articles go on to be posted on Facebook or Twitter, Flipboard may want to do its part to curb bots and “fake news” and encourage legitimate discussion rather than fostering division. Commenters who actually have flips or magazines are few and far between, indicating an overwhelming number of commenters are not real accounts. Flipboard, please solve this, you have a responsibility to NOT contribute to division.
Addition: The comments are now even more prevalent and, if you can believe this, more negative and divisive from both sides. These commenters haven’t even read the articles! It’s ridiculous! These are definitely bots or trolls meant to drive up anger. Flipboard replied to my last review that I could “report” these users. Are you kidding me!?!? I’d have to report ALL of them on every article. How is this responsible of you as a company?!?! What are you doing to curb this besides putting it on the onus of your legit users to “report” every single fake user?!?!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the feedback! We want Flipboard to be safe and enjoyable for everyone. If you ever come across inappropriate comments on Flipboard, please use the Report feature to let us know. We monitor reports daily against our community guidelines. For help, go to Settings, Help & Feedback, Contact Support, then Contact Us.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Flipboard, Inc.
- 134.2 MB
- Requires iOS 14.7 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.7 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.7 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2010-2022 Flipboard Inc.