Get your family and home ready for a flood. The American Red Cross Flood app is the complete solution you need to understand and prepare for flooding and all that comes with it. With interactive quizzes and simple step-by-step advice it’s never been easier to be ready!
• Free and available in English and Spanish
• Simple step-by-step instructions to help you know what-to-do even if the cell towers and TVs are down. Prioritized actions for before, during, and after requires no mobile connectivity.
• Help distant friends and family in areas prone to flooding with the ability to receive flood and flash flood watches and warning alerts based on their location from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.
• Customizable alerting and push notification options.
• Easy to view alert feed with the ability to remove alerts once you read them.
• Map with open Red Cross shelters and other weather-related layers.
• Be ready should a flood hit by learning how to assemble an emergency kit for your family in the event of power outage or evacuation.
• Reduce your household’s stress and anxiety should a flood hit by learning to make and practice an emergency plan.
• Preloaded content means you have instant access to all safety information at anytime, even without reception or an Internet connection.
• Know the difference between a watch and warning.
• Interactive quizzes allow you to earn badges that you can share with your friends and show off your flood knowledge
Learn how to deal with food and water impacted by floods and power outages.
• Simply let friends know you’re safe with customizable “I’m Safe” notification sharable thru social media, text and email.
• Let others know where you are with the Toolkit’s strobe light, flashlight and audible alert functions
Ratings and Reviews
Flood badge preparedness
Like badge n questions but on this one I didn't get badge because although I know you can drown in 6" of water apparently the slide only goes to 1" so you get penalized and won't get badge :(
Alarm won't stop. Location broken.
-Freezes iPhone 4s's audio selection. (If you are in Airplay, it will be stuck there, can't switch over to your iPhone speaker.) Alarm will not shut off except if you quit app in taskbar.
-Also, Evacuation plan location won't allow you to simply Drop a Pin, and if entering locations by address, their pin is wrong! Can't move or edit app's faulty pin placement.
-Slow to get back to main menu . Have to hit 'Back' a ton of times.
-Goofy "you earned a badge!" after making a Plan, as if this app is aimed at kids or something. No real value. (If kids need inducement to prepare, this pricess is one they'ed do alongside their parents.)
Can't get rid of pins
Like all of the Red Cross apps, this app does a great service. However, we are travelers, RVers, and want to know flood conditions where we are. Once I put a pin in the map, the app does not ever allow me to remove that pin. That means I get alerts for places I have been but not longer care to get the alerts. Please let me remove the pins from the board! We don't all stay in the same place all the time!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.