Flow Shot is the ultimate motion-activated camera. Just sit your phone down and let Flow Shot take the photos. Flow Shot will automatically capture full-resolution pictures with Live Photos at over 10 shots per second. The result will be amazing action shots of you, your friends, animals, motorsports, action sports, or anything else you can imagine.
- Perfect for mountain bikers, cyclists, runners, races, animals, motorsports, off-roading, motocross, and more.
- Wildlife photography of birds, insects, animals, or anything that moves!
- Action selfies of you and your friends
- Automatic photos at any event (races, rocketry clubs, airplane fly-ins, etc.)
- Family & group photos with everyone included
- Pre-set options for simple first time shooting
- Advanced controls for experienced photographers
- Full support for ALL Front and Rear cameras (wide, ultra-wide, and telephoto)
- Full resolution photo capture (up to 12MP images with Live Photos)
- Choose from burst rates of 10+ shots per second all the way down to 60 second delay time lapses
- Adjustable motion detector sensitivity
- Custom Intelligent Exposure (IE) mode prioritizes high shutter speeds to eliminate motion blur in good lighting conditions
- Full-featured manual camera controls are built-in. These include a custom Shutter Priority mode, Exposure Compensation control, full manual shutter & ISO control, a typical auto-exposure mode that prioritizes ISO in low-light conditions, a full-time exposure status display, tap-to-focus and manual focus support, focus peaking, exposure histogram display, and more.
- Full GPS & location metadata for all photos
- Handling detection prevents unwanted photos by preventing motion activation when you handle your device
- Quickly adjust or disable the handling detection for unstable supports, high winds, or when your activity will jolt the camera (like when setting the camera up on a ramp you are going to hit, or when taking hand-held automatic selfies)
- Adjustable start delay timer to prevent unwanted captures while you setup for your shot
- Advanced GPU-based image processing algorithms give high-speed motion detection with the lowest possible battery consumption
- All photos are saved directly to your iOS Photos library
- Works in any device orientation (portrait, landscape, upside-down)
- Share your awesome photos with me on Facebook (@FlowShot) and Instagram (FlowShotApp)
- Get photos perfect for sharing with your friends or posting on sites like Strava, Pinkbike, MTB Project, many different forums, and more.
- Get creative using custom long or short exposures, advanced shots in low-light conditions (including night shots with light trails), and more.
- Invent uses for Flow Shot no one has ever thought of!
Flow Shot is my contribution to making action photos of yourself and others simple and convenient by bringing motion-activated DSLR "camera trap" functionality to the iPhone you already carry in your pocket. It is in a completely different league from all the other "motion cam" style apps on the App Store and was designed from the ground-up to take the highest quality photos possible. Please let me know if you have any feedback, comments, or suggestions. I’d love to hear them!
Privacy Notice: Flow Shot does not contain any ads, has no kind of user behavior tracking, and does not keep or transmit any information on its users. I value my privacy and yours, and since I do not track any of your information I have nothing to sell to ad networks or anyone else. Flow Shot is supported entirely through the purchases made by its awesome users. It's that simple.
P.S.: People always ask what my favorite tripod/stand for the iPhone is. The smallest and lightest one I have found is the Stance made by Kenu. Just make sure you get the iPhone version!
Flow Shot version 2.0.1 :
• Fixed problem introduced in iOS 13.2 where pictures were not saving properly into iOS Photos
Ratings and Reviews
This app is absolutely fantastic! Exactly what you want in an app like this. Great work Mr. Thomas for all the work you put in this. One gripe though, is that I don’t really like how your pictures automatically go to your camera roll once you are finished taking pictures. I wish there was a way to import the pictures you want instead of every single picture going to your camera roll. But besides that minor gripe, this app is THE app to get if you want to take great burst photos.
Edit: Oh wow! Thanks for the reply Mr. Thomas I will try out your advice. Like I said this app is THE number one app to take great burst photos with. You’re awesome. Stay safe during these uncertain times.
Developer Response ,
I’m glad you like it! On your comment about having a separate location where the photos are stored first: That was actually the way Flow Shot worked for the first couple of years, but honestly it was just a nightmare to maintain the image viewer / selection / export tool. It also introduced confusion and also bugs that led to lost photos in some cases, which was obviously a really bad experience for the users it happened to.
My only advice is to come up with a workflow to go through the photos quickly in iOS Photos when you’re done taking them in Flow Shot. I personally just hop into Photos, go into the main “Photos” view on the bottom-left, select the last photo to view it and then begin scrolling backwards on the bar at the bottom. If I see a photo I like I hit the heart icon to favorite it as I go along. Then when I’m done I exit out of the single photo view and into the overview of the photos. From there you can hit the “Select” button in the top right corner and then slowly begin swiping from the first photo and drag down to end on the last photo. Once you have all of the photos selected, quickly tap to unselect each of the pictures with a heart icon (the ones you favorited earlier) and then hit delete to delete all of the rest. Remember that you can pinch to zoom in and out on the overview so you can see more photos at once (which can reduce scrolling when you’re going through to unselect a few photos from hundreds of recent photos).
The process looks worse written out than it actually is after you do it a couple of times. Hopefully that helps a little bit with your annoyance, and helps understanding how we got here.
Enjoy taking photos in a new way! I am always surprised at the cool photos I get with the app. Take care! :)
I set it up to capture birds coming to a birdbath.. Long story short, I got 1250 false positive shots when leaves in background trees rustled in the wind and only one shot which coincidentally had a bird in it. I sat and watched as it missed about 15-20 other birds in the first hour but got lots and lots of shots of an empty birdbath.
It piled all hose useless rejects into my photos folder and so it took me 15-20 minutes at least to sort through them all and delete the bad ones.
There are many ways the app could be improved to actually be useful, ranging from better use of ai, to allowing users to identify active/ignore regions. But the ui has a lot to be desired and needs plenty of work also, to make this app worth more than free and certainly as much as the few dollars it costs.
Must Have Camera App
Finally a camera app that does it right. This app crams loads of must have camera settings into an incredibly intuitive, easy to use format. I'm actually surprised that apple hasn't built some of these features into the app that comes on the phone!
I plan on using it for group pictures, kids sporting events, and taking outdoor action shots. It would be good for taking pictures of my dogs or setting it out by my bird feeders, too. The possibilities are endless! You can set the phone almost anywhere and get a photo from perspectives that make people think "how'd you get that shot?"
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- James Thomas
- 16.1 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 James Thomas
- In-App Purchases
- ProMode + Watermark Removal $3.99
- Watermark Removal $1.99
- Pro Mode Upgrade $1.99