Flowlist is an elegant tool for self-management and creative writing. Unbelievably easy yet infinitely flexible. Organize your brain in flow!
The simple concept of hierarchical lists, the fully animated beautiful interface and the consequent design for creative focus make Flowlist unique, widely applicable and incredibly fun!
Flowlist does not force your stuff into categories like "Project" or "Subtask". Instead, items are universal and may contain other items, like folders on your Mac contain other folders. You're free to organize yourself in your own way.
A novel interaction concept combines intuitive key commands, a radically clean interface and meaningful animations, so you can rapidly navigate and edit your item hierarchy in a state of deep concentration.
You may use Flowlist to:
• Capture whatever pops into your head
• Support your thought process
• Work on texts for blogs, papers or books
• Grow a backlog of ideas
• Establish good habits
• Manage tasks and projects
• Keep track of responsibilities
• Plan your day and your future
• Create your own item hierarchy: Group items together, add subitems to any (empty) item, move items between levels.
• Export any list and its item hierarchy as plain text (.txt) or markdown (.md) with paragraphs, headings, sub-headings etc.
• Tag items with colors.
• Switch to Dark Mode to give your eyes a break, sleep better, work at night and feel like a pro.
• Paste content from any document or web page. Flowlist detects distinct items.
• Adjust the font size and zoom level of the interface to your screen size and way of working.
• Sync different Macs via iCloud
• Enter monotasking mode or fullscreen.
Flowlist helps you to get into flow:
• Your hands never have to leave the keyboard and your eyes can stay focused on your content. With just a few intelligently laid out key commands, you have rapid control over everything.
• The interface is focused. You change focus by navigating your item hierarchy. Overview is always to the left and details are always to the right.
• The interface is clean. No buttons, knobs, alerts, popups and such clutter.
• Flowlist animates all your navigation and editing, which makes it fun to use and helps keeping track of changes.
This free version has all features, saves all items and will never expire. It is only limited to 100 items, not counting groups, which will be enough in many contexts. Try it for yourself, a progress bar at the bottom tracks your item count.
You can support the development of Flowlist by unlocking the full unlimited version from within the app:
• Pay once, then use Flowlist forever. No subscription required.
• Early bird advantage: Owners of the full version get all new features as free updates, even when the full version price rises.
This update improves the main animation, removes iCloud synchronization for now, and migrates local items to a new storage format.
• The navigation animation has been (re)built for the 3rd time. Now, it's finally as smooth as it always was supposed to be, even with lots of items.
• iCloud sync has been removed for now. Its implementation was simply not robust enough. It has been rebuilt and will be re-released when it's fully reliable.
• The storage architecture has been rebuilt as well. Locally on your mac, each item is now stored in its own JSON file, and those files are being updated in real time. All this accommodates iCloud sync and ultimately prepares Flowlist for the iOS companion app.
• As always: Many technical improvements under the hood to maintain development speed.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Excellent for Organization
When I need to quickly jot down ideas, I will open Flowlist first. It looks good and doesn't get in the way. I can capture a stream of ideas in a way that I can then easily organize. Works way better for me than all of the different mind mapping apps I've tried. That said, I think the developer would help himself greatly if he did a couple of how-to-use-Flowlist videos that don't make users wish he'd taken a handful of Ritalin first.
Producthunt for the win!
I discovered this producthunt and couldn’t be happier. I am an avid user of trello but as a developer, it lacks some of the speed I need to quickly draft and organize my thoughts for a certain task. This is a great tool paired with pomodoro!
cool concept - poor execution
Seeing the pictures of the app I thought it would be perfect...wrong. I was immediately frustrated. The version you get is severely limited. There's no drop down menu, no options that I could figure out. It was NOT user friendly. NOT intuitive. Couldn't find a demo or a tutorial, or a tour. I looked so if there is one I must have missed it. I then went to youtube...still nothing. I couldn't figure this out and by the time i started to make a tiny bit of progress it just didn't work as smoothly or quickly as I wanted and it is just not worth the headache. I will not be purchasing the full version and I deleted this waste of space app off my device. My search continues.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.