The best butterfly game! Collect, breed and grow butterflies through their incredible life cycle in your own beautiful forest. Over 400 species ready to collect!
Each butterfly is a vibrant depiction of a real life species with stunning wing patterns and unique behavioural characteristics. Collect endless varieties of brilliantly colored flowers to attract each new butterfly species. From chrysalis to caterpillar to butterfly, these cute creatures need your help to grow!
See if you can discover and collect the huge range of real life butterfly species!
BEAUTIFUL AMAZON ENVIRONMENT
Grow and expand your forest with new life and color by collecting and planting special flowers to attract new butterfly species.
REAL LIFE SPECIES
Collect butterflies from all around the world and add them to your ever-expanding “Flutterpedia”. Each species has a unique fact sheet on their characteristics and natural history.
Every month you’ll be challenged to collect a limited set of brand new butterflies.
TUNE IN, BLISS OUT
Listen to the Rainforest in the palm of your hand - Put on your headphones to experience a real-life lush rainforest ambience and center yourself in a deeper experience.
Guide your butterflies through the forest and watch them flutter, fly, perch and play! Use gestures to interact with your creatures, drop leaves into caterpillars’ mouths, crack open chrysalises, and guide your butterflies around their growing environment.
Update 3.0 - Flutter's biggest update ever!
- Flutter has been loved by players all over the world for six amazing years. In that time we've made lots of exciting updates, but this is by far the biggest!
- This update introduces an all new event type, led by a number of new characters looking for someone to help grow their gardens!
- Players may help Ms Gracie the retired honeybee dance teacher, or maybe the bubbly young queen bee Hailey.
- Helping the characters collect nectar will award players butterflies that are unique to THEM, based on which butterflies are missing from their collection.
- This update gives players 400+ real life butterfly species to collect, and transforms Flutter into the ULTIMATE butterfly collection game!
Rio Carnival Event
- A lively limited-time Rio Carnival themed event for players above score 300!
- 5 new real butterfly species and 3 new colourful decorations to collect, all in vibrant Carnival colours.
- Raise the new butterflies through their life cycle to see dancing caterpillars with Carnival headdresses!
- Special multicoloured species variants for the forest's resident frog and bird.
- "Carnival Carton" limited time discounted IAP pack containing the Crimson Cattleya, the Brazilian national flower!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Is it unfair that butterflies get all kinds of love because they’re prettier than most insects? Maybe, but this delightful animated rainforest has us unabashedly adoring these beautiful bugs. With an incredible variety of goals to achieve, missions to complete, and butterfly species to raise, this tranquil haven feels like a second home.
I love most of it
I enjoy the gameplay. I think most of the prices for things are a bit exorbitant, which is unfortunate because I’d love to finish some of those older event sets. And then when I do decide to pay money for something, it freezes the game and half the time I don’t end up getting the thing. It also freezes most of the times I try to leave the app and come back — though I generally avoid this because it’s stressful to me when the butterflies are flying about all willy-nilly. I do wish there was a setting to stop them from taking flight on their own, because my need to avoid this stops me from opening the game until all my butterflies (or moths, because same goes for Starlight) are ready to harvest and that really kneecaps me as far as getting events done.
I still love the game and I’ll keep playing, but these are things that have been problems the whole time I’ve had this and Starlight on my phone, which has been a few years already.
Love this game and Starlight!
I have been playing this and Starlight for months because I have an amateur interest in Lepidoptera, and this game teaches me about so many different species! I love both of these games for different reasons, but Flutter is the better of the two in terms of play if not for the maxed out butterfly effects alone! Being able to hurry a caterpillar or pupa is so awesome and helpful, and I wish they would allow these effects in Starlight as well. Thank you for this app because I’m loving it overall.
I have a major complaint though, and a suggestion. I have now accidentally laid eggs and wasted precious Flutterbucks because there is no confirmation prompt on the Lay Egg button. I’ve lost a total of 70 FB doing this. When you are in-game tapping butterflies and flowers quickly, you can see how this can happen in a matter of seconds before there’s even time to register that I’ve tapped on a butterfly multiple times. There are at least 3 unnecessary prompts just to return a butterfly back into your forest (reversible action), but zero prompts to lay eggs (irreversible action) and spend your flutterbucks.
My suggestion is to please add a confirmation prompt for the Lay Egg button, and to make it faster to move butterflies between storage and forest by removing the confirmation prompts (or at least a few of them).
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Runaway Play Ltd
- 152 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2016 Runaway Play Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Event Booster $9.99
- Event Blaster $19.99
- Event Starter $4.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.