video about the new song feature: https://youtu.be/KARNSl9AFbc
AskAudio: "Super fun, intuitive interface, combines visual and audio elements well, immediately usable for beginners, deep features for pros"
CDM: "fluXpad is an insanely immediate music drawing tool for iPad"
SoundBytesMag: "In short, this is a very fun program. Cheap, very powerful, with a unique interface that makes you think about music and sound shaping in a visual, hands-on way that is (mostly) free from dealing with numbers."
Justin Vernon / Bon Iver: „I’m LOVING fluXpad. Working with it all last week week... so fun. Just JAMMING on it!“
MusicAppBlog: "for those of a more experimental nature, those who get a bit of a buzz from the unconventional and, yes, even for those who don’t actually see themselves as musicians, fluXpad will have an obvious appeal; it’s quirky, novel and a heck of a lot of fun."
fluXpad is the first sample sequencer that fully functions by simply drawing the sounds. In fluXpad it’s super simple to record your own sounds, to create different pattern and to jam with them.
fluXpad is a sample based groovebox/workstation with a highly original sequencer, where you “draw“ your music, which leads to completely different results, when compared to a traditional sequencer. The y-axis of your canvas controls pitch, while the x-axis controls the sustain of your notes. Sounds familiar, but drawing on a canvas without any grid is a totally new experience. Of course it is possible to quantize your notes, or you can limit your note range to major or minor scales.
fluXpad has been developed by Mouse on Mars and Jan T. v. Falkenstein
– 6 melody sequencers where you paint your melodies based on a sample of your choice
– 1 percussion/drum sequencer where you paint/tap your groove made of 7 samples of your choice
– record mode: either paint your sequence (on the top) or tap your notes (at the bottom)
– each sound has its own sampler settings with unique envelope, loop and start settings
– quantize / unquantize functions for each sequencer or the whole pattern
– 7 patterns to jam with, for each preset
– ability to record your own samples with the build in microphone
– import samples via iTunes or AudioShare
– huge sample library with high quality sounds/kits made by Mouse on Mars and others
– lots of demo projects made by Mouse and Mars and others
– ability to buy new projects/sounds via In-App-Purchase
– ability to export/backup your projects (including sounds)
– Audiobus supported
– IAA sync supported
– Ableton Link supported
– ability to sync via midi to other apps, hardware
Concept: Andi Toma & Jan St Werner (Mouse On Mars), Jan T. v. Falkenstein, Florian Grote
Development: Jan T. v. Falkenstein (TeaTracks)
Visual & font design: Gabriele T. v. Falkenstein (TeaTracks)
UX design: Jan T. v. Falkenstein, Florian Grote, Gabriele T. v. Falkenstein, Mouse On Mars
1.2.1: Various bug fixes
Version 1.2. : This version includes the first iteration of a song mode! Interconnect sequences to create longer loops!
Bugs fixes include:
- IAA support is fixed
- AudioShare import should work again
- some stability improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Brilliant app, hopefully adding a few more features soon...
Very inventive and intuitive to use.
Still needs better mixing ability. Some onboard effects would be nice, but not essential,IMO. But crucial, is ability to export channels to audio files (options for all channels or individual ones that bring up Open In for Cubasis, AudioShare, etc.
Icing on cake would be ability to pick from numerous scale types in the little keyboard window.
All in all, a great app already! Hopefully developers will round this one out w a few more features.
Beautiful and addictive app
Amazing! Whiplash-inducing audio hijinx are super easy with this app. It’s been fun matching sounds to gestures to beats on the fly, as well as working up new mulchy sounds using new inputs. The new feature to expand to longer song structures is really important. I like exploring the sounds straight from the box as well as working with my own samples. Fantastic gestural instrument, as addictive as a great game, you really have to give it a spin!
Great fun, intuitive design, delightful results!
Great fun, intuitive interface, delightful results. This is a great app for playing around with making your own electronic music. It offers new avenues for creativity while being flexible enough to push yourself to unexpected places. More fun on planes by far than recycled Hollywood movies. Bravo to MoM!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- MoMinstruments GbR
- 101.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © Mouse on Mars & Jan T.v. Falkenstein
- In-App Purchases
- DJs Collapse $0.99
- Funkstörung - Fiat Flux! $1.99
- DJ Elephant Power - Draws fader $1.99
- Kid Simius - Surf And Bass Beat $1.99
- Gajek - Tarn Chess & Can Hole $1.99