Welcome to Fly Delta, Delta’s award winning iOS app. With our dynamic Today screen which provides quick access to your boarding pass and other important day-of-travel information, Fly Delta makes travel easier than ever before.
• Enroll in Delta's SkyMiles® program and earn miles every time you travel
• Find, compare and book Domestic and International flights
• Book SkyMiles award tickets
• Purchase Delta Comfort+™ seats and Trip Extras, including in-flight Wi-Fi, Priority Boarding and more
• Reserve Preferred Seats like bulkhead and aisle
• Rebook cancelled flights or missed connections
• Manage your trips, profile and customize your travel preferences
• Check your SkyMiles account balance and current Medallion® status
• Check in, view your boarding pass and add it to Apple Wallet
• Pay for checked bags and track their location
• Check the latest flight status and receive flight and gate change notifications
• Save a photo to remember your parking spot
• Check your status on the upgrade or standby list
• View or change your seat
• Locate Delta Sky Club® lounges
• View interactive airport maps, public transportation details and weather information
• Get detailed info about our fleet and partners
• Map flights en route with an interactive flight tracker
• “Today” gathers everything you need for your day of travel into one convenient place
• “Notifications” ensures you always have the latest flight updates, gate changes and more
• View countdown to departure and arrival along with gate and baggage carousel information on Apple Watch
The Fly Delta app for iPhone and delta.com are always free to use on Delta’s Wi-Fi-enabled flights. Visit delta.com/app for more information.
• Ongoing bug fixes and maintenance to keep things running smoothly
Ratings and Reviews
In fairness, there are many things this app does right - however, the plethora of things that are broken and that have been for years now merits a strongly worded inditement. The app consistently crashes with airport WiFi. Delta blames this on the local airport’s WIfI- but for a Multi-year Diamond Medallion with multiple million miles who sees hundreds of airports each year - it can’t always be the airports wifi - sorry Delta, that Dog don’t hunt! Also, the app crashes consistently (usually while I’m in the TSA line). For me, it crashed 1/2 the time I tried to use it in the last year (I wrote it down each time it crashed). This is unacceptable! You can change the amount of information stored on each device vs what has to be downloaded (and which is the likely cause of these crashes). For example, once my boarding pass has been downloaded - why does it need to be redone loaded every time I log on?? A simple byte of info indicating a change vs no change could flag it and give me the option of downloading an updated boarding pass or not - this would prevent it from crashing at the most in-opportune time (at the TSA line). Yes - I can bypass by taking a screenshot or saving it to my wallet - but most of the time I am running. If I’ve already downloaded my boarding pass - don’t make me log on and connect to get it again! I know you can fix this. Please do!!
I’m not happy
Delta made an equipment change so my seat was down graded from economy plus to economy. I was wait listed for one of three available first class seats using my regional pass and Platium status awhile ago. My origami flight was booked lax to Westchester in economy plus, when my ticket was changed lax-jfk the agent apparently booked me in economy and did an automatic upgrade due to my status to economy plus. So Delta feels this down grade is ok! As my choice airlines and platinum member I thought there would be a possibility of just upgrading me from the waiting list to a first class seat which is available since the economy plus seats are full. Why spend 100,00+ on my Delta card if there is no consideration in maintaining my booked seat. I’m upset and disappointed in the change that was made due to your equipment change. When there are options to help out a customer maybe Delta revenue should not be it’s only priority. During COVID you did not want to refund my dollars on flight I was not able to take but offered credit which I’m still holding. I’m simply disappointed that now that I’m back flying my experience has been negative and disappointing.
Some good, some not
Overall a decent app. The connection to wifi is a bit confusing and unintuitive. Feels like u accidentally find ur way every time depending on the plane and flight. Second, the contact us section is a. It if a disaster. One link leads u to text which creates undeliverable text. Crappy experience. Their mileage calculations are impossible to figure out. The app designers don’t know how to convey it so they describe things generally. The mileage wonks have created so many hidden levers to devalue ur ability to earn and spend. We’d to reduce the levers, complexities. And stop devaluing the members mileage. Last there should be an easy way to search for trips using dollars or miles from a airport with no specific destination but only based on price.
Opinion is / remains it’s cute and useful for quick use but for deep searches it is not robust. Corners have been cut for the sake of an MVP product but needs to improve if they want to people to really use it. Searches need to offer and locate best deals using miles or dollars from single destination. Search results need better and more information sortable. Improve and add ways to spend mikes that don’t feel simply like an accommodation add-on. Rental cars and hotels are prices horribly stop devaluing miles so quickly. The credit card spend to achieve loyalty is pretty stupendous. Seems Delta would want more in the loyalty programs as it means return customers.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Delta Air Lines, Inc
- 196.7 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2010-2021 Delta Air Lines, Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.