Irish-English and English-Irish dictionaries available for in-app purchase
Full wordlist and 100 sample translations of each dictionary to preview before buying
The app allows you to easily and quickly navigate through and try out any dictionaries, as well as experience the most advanced search, learning and translation features.
Now you can make sure that a dictionary complies with your language level and contains all words you need before purchase. Full-fledged versions are available for buying with the in-app dictionary catalog.
Search and translate features:
• You can now look up words while reading in Safari. Highlight any text and send it to the dictionary via the “Share” button. Please first enable the dictionary as a Safari 'extension'.
• New multiple clipboard look-up! You can now copy as many words as you need while reading – even the whole text, - switch back to the dictionary app and view all the relevant dictionary entries one-by-one.
• PenReader multilingual handwriting recognition support.
• List of similar words in case of misspelling.
• Wildcard Search if you are unsure of the exact word spelling. Use “?” and “*” symbols to replace the missing letters.
• English morphology module helps to translate words in any grammatical form.
• Search for anagrams (e. g. tab-bat).
• Hyperlinks between articles and directions.
• English audio pronunciations recorded by native speakers.
• Flash Card Quiz to memorize new words and test your knowledge as many times as you wish.
• Favorites - to quickly access frequently searched words.
• Handy Converter support.
• Search History to revise your recent translations
• Built-in dictionary catalog for in-app purchases.
• Improved user interface for your better experience.
• Enhanced customization options allow you to modify animated menus and choose background colors.
• Enlarge or reduce font size for your comfort.
• Landscape-mode support.
• Fully iPad optimized interface.
• No Internet connection required: purchase a dictionary once and use it on your iPhone/iPad/iPod touch without any additional expense.
The focalbeo dictionary is the product of several years of comprehensive research. At this stage it is a comprehensive and definitive English-Irish-English Dictionary. It consists of an English-Irish dictionary and a reverse Irish-English dictionary that work together to provide fast and accurate Irish language translation.
It is primarily intended for use on mobile phones and it is an invaluable utility for people with a reasonable knowledge of Irish. As the screenspace on mobile phones is limited in most cases it is designed to appear clear and uncluttered on these devices. It works on all mobile platforms and on PCs/Macs. This dictionary was designed and built from the ground up and it innovative in many respects.
The advanced version of the dictionary contains a combined total of 199,353 headword translations. It is the most comprehensive Irish dictionary in terms of headword count, new words and terminology available at present.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
The wordless dictionary app is free but to look up any words you need the $15 dictionary.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Paragon Technologie GmbH
- 45.1 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 7.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2015 Paragon Software Group
- In-App Purchases
- Focalbeo Advanced Irish Dictionary $24.99
- Focalbeo Standard Irish Dictionary $15.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.