Focus after taking portrait videos.
Focos Live is the video version of the popular Focos App. With the functionality of taking portrait videos with wide aperture and bokeh effect for dual camera & triple camera iPhone, Focos Live is the next big thing when it comes to computational photography. With Focos Live, you can make limitless customization of any portrait video that you create, and you can even change the aperture as many times as you wish.
Focos Live offers master class video editing capability, amplified flexibility, and more functionality than any App that you may have tried before. With keyframe and adjustment layers for all options and easily navigable options for both beginners and experts, Focos Live is second to none.
- Portrait video-capable, with depth data on dual camera, triple camera, and front Face ID camera.
- Taking videos with the aperture up to f/1.4.
- Focus point continuous change functionality for tracking object and aperture size.
- Multi-choice simulated aperture diaphragms for generating different bokeh spot effects
- Multi-layer feature for fitting at least 4 different videos on a single screen.
- Adjustment layer for each option.
- Speed ramping and video reverse capability for creating custom-made videos.
- The industrial-grade chroma key can perfectly knockout the hair & feather for the green/blue screen video.
- Standalone audio editor for managing music and sounds.
- Video export feature; for exporting videos as screenshot, animated GIF, or 4K&60fps.
- Eligible for importing 3DL and CUBE files as custom files.
Focos Live is an App that should be on everyone's iPhone and iPad.
- Keep fixing crashes and issues.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Phenomenal developer, unique creative tool
I put money into this app shortly after it was released on the strength of the history of the Focos app. One of the Focos Live shortcomings, for instance, I was most disappointed over is, according to the change log, fixed in the recent update. I’m going to try it out as soon as finish this review!
So my review is this: If you like the power of the Focos app, reward the developer by investing in the Focus Live app in faith that whatever shortcomings you might find will be addressed eventually if they can be addressed at all.
And just as importantly, in the meantime, have fun! The Pro tools already support creativity beyond the core Focos “bokeh” capability. The included audio tracks are most welcome in an app of this sort. The video editing tools are robust even if things like basic transitions are (currently) manually done (if I’m not missing something). Enjoy the creative possibilities and never leave the app!
TL;DR. Just buy it. 🙂
EDIT: Completely my fault for missing the transitions feature. Thank you for correcting me! I got sloppy in my testing and in my verbiage; one of the things I was thinking about when I wrote my review was video fades in and out, say for a single short clip to be uploaded to Instagram (of course I could still be missing something!). But I still messed up my review and I appreciate the correction.
Developer Response ,
You can find tons of transitions by tapping the arrow between video layers.
This developer is one of the few to create magic on iOS devices. Focos for still photos is certainly one of the best post-capture apps available. Now, Focos Live promises the same for video! And he says more enhancements are coming!
Simply Incredible! No Slow Motion Though
The developers really invested into what’s important when it comes to photography and that’s creating depth and perspective. Can’t praise it enough for the magic this and their other focus app for pictures creates. Only frustration is, in contrast to their photography app “Focus”, you have to take the videos in app or else you won’t be able to add depth in post. Unless I missed something, I can’t find a slow motion capture option in-app which means I can’t add depth to any of my slow motion videos taken from my default camera at all because the videos require being shot in-app and there is no slow motion option within the application. Please correct me if I’m wrong and I’d love to to see that feature added if not!!!
In conclusion, a must have!
Developer Response ,
The new version with more features is coming.
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Xiaodong Wang
- 57.3 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Czech, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © 2020 Focos Live
- In-App Purchases
- Lifetime unlimited access $14.99
- Monthly subscription $1.99
- Yearly subscription $8.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.