Focos now supports all devices and editing of all pictures.
Focos is a big step into the future of computational photography and light-field camera, bringing DSLR-like photography to your iPhone and iPad Pro, with beautiful bokeh effects usually achievable only with professional large aperture cameras. With the technology of computational photography, you can make unlimited changes to your photos, focus after the fact, change the aperture repeatedly, and add multiple lights in 3D space, exceeding the limits of any editing tools you’ve known before. The creative potential unleashed by Focos is endless.
"Focos has long been one of the most ambitious photo-editing apps on iOS, turning any photo into a 'portrait mode'-style image with fully adjustable depth of field, no matter what kind of camera you took it with."
- Take photos with shallow depth of field, without manually painting or making selections.
- True 3D imaging.
- Simulate large apertures to create real bokeh effects normally only possible with DSLR cameras and expensive lenses.
- Import all existing photos and customize the bokeh effect.
- With the advanced technology of machine learning, it calculates the depth of field automatically for every photo.
- Re-focus portrait photos that have already been taken, with a simple tap.
- Choose from various simulated aperture diaphragms to generate different bokeh spot effects.
- Professional options to simulate lens characteristics, such as creamy, bilinear, swirly, and reflex effects, and more.
- Visualize the depth of areas within your portrait photos in a 3D view, and intuitively add depth filters.
- Add multiple lights in a 3D space, and adjust the color, brightness and so on for each light.
- Check the portrait picture in the real world with augmented reality technique.
- It is possible to patch the depth map precisely on iPad with Apple Pencil.
- Intuitive and easy to use, with built-in video tutorials.
- An essential tool for all iPhones and iPads.
Do you have questions or suggestions? Contact us via support @ focos . me.
- Fixed the issue while using HEIC as output format on iOS 13.1.2.
- Fixed crashes when opening the pictures on some older devices.
Enjoy using Focos and support us by leaving your review for the features of each update to help us make it better.
Ratings and Reviews
I got to try out the app before I even got a dual lens phone and loved it. So it was my first download when I got my phone. I absolutely loved the app. But the downside for me was the lag taking a pic with portrait mode vs a regular picture (this is due to the phone, not focos) I love taking spur of the moment photos and couldn’t always use portrait mode. When I opened the app today to edit a picture and saw the new update that made it possible to use on all pics I excitedly tried a regular photo and it was absolutely perfect. I’m so thrilled that I just had to review. I have no real need for pro version but I think I’m going to buy it anyway just to support the developer. This is a must have app for photo lovers, hands down!!!
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your review and support.
I’m having fun but I can’t find my saved images.
I’m using this free, and I enjoy the tools. There are lots of functions I can’t reach without paying-I may subscribe eventually. It’s not completely intuitive, I think some of the tools are just over my head. I would like to be able to save an image that I edited to my photo stream when I hit save, that hasn’t seemed to work. I don’t normally review stuff because I want to play with it for a while before I give an opinion but this is certainly worth downloading and trying out. The 3D effects are great and I like switching the focal points in my photos.
Update: I can do things to the image that I want to save. I haven’t found how to make that save happen. Yes, all images that are saved go to my photo album but I can’t save while it is doing bokeh.
Developer Response ,
All pictures are saved in Photos app - Album - All photos.
This app re-writes how to edit apps
Bought the full edition for 12 bucks and it is the BEST 12 bucks I ever spent.
There is a very large learning curve so you need to be patient. It isn’t for beginners neither, it is for those that want to really get into video editing in a 3D dimension. For 2D dimension, stick with photoshop express.
My only complaint for lack of better term is using the various lenses for effects. It’s very difficult to find the effect when applying the lens filter as it is extremely subtle changes. I am sure it is user induced as I am only 24 hours into using this app.
Developer Response ,
You should edit a picture with trees and leaves, then you may know the difference of those lenses. Thank you.
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Xiaodong Wang
- 86.8 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017-2019 Focos Camera
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly subscription $0.99
- Yearly subscription $7.99
- Lifetime unlimited access $12.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.