Focus Keeper helps you keep your productivity high avoiding burnout using the timer. Work with time. Not against it!
* Check out the review article by Brighthand for more detail: http://j.mp/fkeeper
Here is what this app offers:
• Simple, beautiful and intuitive interface.
• Customize focus sessions, goals, colors and sounds.
• Track your productivity with insightful charts.
• Universal(iPhone/iPad) app with iCloud support.
Basic Focus Steps - It’s all about focusing your work efforts in timed 25-minute chunks, with a 5-minute break in between each burst of activity.
1) Choose a task to be done.
2) Set the timer for 25 minutes.
3) Focus on the task until the timer rings
4) Take a short break (just do something relaxing for 5 minutes)
5) Once you’ve completed 4 focus sessions, take a longer break. (20~30 minutes)
• Adjust the timer with your fingers just like you do with real egg-timer.
• Next session starts automatically when the current session ends.
• Track your progress with two different charts (14 days and 30 days)
• Set your daily goal (number of Focus Sessions per day)
• Set how many Focus Sessions you want to finish before taking a long break(number of Focus per round)
• Customize the length of Focus Session, short break, and long break.
• Choose your ticking from 10 different ticking sounds and your own music library.
• Choose your alarm from 14 different ring sounds.
• Set any sounds separately for the short break, long break, and Focus session.
• Set any colors separately for the short break, long break, and Focus session.
• Receive alarm notifications even when the app is running in the background.
• Today Widget for Focus Sessions
• Icon Badge shows how much time you left to finish the current session in the home screen Focus Keeper icon when the timer is ticking.
• Focus Reminder: If you're struggling to make a habit of using Focus Keeper, this could come in hand. You can set when you want to be notified to use Focus Keeper through weekdays and weekends.
• Option for resetting the Focus Count at midnight automatically. Now you can set your own reset time.
• Set different volume sounds for each ticking and alarm sound.
• Minor Bug Fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Another ADHD-approved reviewer!
After getting diagnosed with Adult ADHD last year, I realized how all these “impenetrable systems” I created over the years became penetrable... although my symptoms were exacerbated by a major hormone shift, it threw me into desperately seeking help to maintain focus as my work as an entrepreneur and writer declined and continued descending rapidly. With that, I re-discovered Pomodoros. What I believe sets this app apart (from the ones that I know of, at least) is the ability to assign sounds and music to intervals and breaks. It’s a great way to keep working, *ding* stop and take a break, [sound] start working again. The constant sound (waves crashing on the shore) while working adds more focus for me as my brain assigns the sound on a loop with relaxation and focus—and it’s automatic so I don’t have to fiddle with the music app and get distracted there too... And now that my hormone situation is back under control, the Pomodoro method is even more effective in keeping my brain engaged when necessary, and queuing me to reward myself when the breaks roll around. The only thing I’d add to improve it is the option to label intervals. For example, in another app I have on my desktop it allows me to identify what exactly I did during those working intervals. (i.e. “Maintenance Tasks” and “Writing” and “Journaling” and “Brainstorming”.) It makes a difference for me, but it definitely isn’t a deal breaker. Five stars! Highly recommend it.
Best Pomodoro Timer You Can Get!!
Trust me I’ve scoped them all, even written a couple myself (via Shortcuts), but this is the best app on the AppStore if you’re often distracted, unmotivated, or suffer from adult ADHD. I definitely upgraded to pro, worth it to customize my chimes (Pavlov conditioning myself haha), and set the background colors to something I enjoy glancing at all day. The main benefit of this app in my opinion is the tracking/data analytic aspect they perfectly built in. The only thing I wish this app had was a text box you could enter your current task into so that it was present on-screen while the work-session timer is counting down. All in all this is my favorite and most used app whenever I have big tasks to work on or if I ever feel my productivity isn’t at the level where I know it can be. Highly recommend my friends!
Edit: One other note, seems the chime settings are a bit backwards. I guess I expect to set the chime sound that would start the session. For example when setting the Focus Alarm to News Is expect that sound to play when I’m going into a new Focus session however I have to set this sound to the other two breaks to get this to play how I intend since the sound for Focus Alarm actually plays when that session is over.
ADHD??? This is your GOD SEND!!!
ADHD?? This is your GOD Send!! I have only been using this APP since this morning and I have already managed to complete several tasks with minimal interference! I’m beyond amazed! Nothing has ever worked for me. Squirrel Moments as my husband fondly calls them would overtake my days to the point that at the end of the day I hadn’t actually accomplished anything but had managed to begin at least 4 or 5 more projects!!! All of my “Projects” would remain unfinished until I HAD to complete one! Even then a 1 hour task, could and usually did, take upwards of 4 or 5 hours and even then maybe still not be completed but always another 3 or 4 would be in the works!! I’m not kidding you! Since this morning I have started and completed one project and finished 3 that were in the works!!! Hallelujah!!! And it’s only 2:15pm!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this App, I’m deleting all the rest except for AnyList!! I use that one daily and now I can actually get everything at the grocery that’s “On the List “. Before AnyList, I always lost the list! 😂 Anyway get this! You will Love it!! ❤️❤️❤️🙏🙌👍😀
- PIXO Incorporation
- 35.5 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © PIXO Incorporation
- In-App Purchases
- Pomodoro Keeper Pro $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.