"A simple, but valuable utility for creating timed focus sessions of productivity." - MacStories
"A tool that helps overcome that first step." - Knapsack
"Focused Work helps you stay on track better than ever" - iMore
Focused Work is a simple, flexible Focus Timer that helps you structure your time effectively.
Structure keeps you fresh and productive, so you can get more work done!
A key strength of Focused Work is creating timed focus sessions that break up tasks into smaller parts.
You can create sessions for tasks like studying, coding, and content writing, and structure them as follows;
· begin with a 5-minute Planning stage
· focus with a 50-minute Focused Work stage
· rest with a 10-minute Break stage
· focus with a 30-minute Focused Work stage
Focused Work encourages you to remain focused, be self-accountable, and complete productivity goals each day.
· Focus Sessions
Create structure for tasks with Focused Work, Planning, and Break stages.
Each session begins by asking what will you focus on.
· Customise each focus session
Adjust the duration, order, and focus of each stage.
· Simple Design
A minimal, always-on countdown timer, with session focus and progression.
· Focus Reminders
Be reminded to avoid distractions and stay focused mid-session.
· Time Commitment
Glanceable finish times for knowing whether you have time to focus on a task.
· Productivity Dashboard
Complete daily productivity goals and create a focused work streak.
· Session Reflection
Rate and reflect upon your level of productivity at the end of each completed session.
View the countdown timer, quickly start a session, and see your goal progress with themeable widgets.
· Optimised for iPadOS and macOS
Quickly start & control a session via the Sidebar, Menu Bar, or with Keyboard Shortcuts. Connect a Magic Trackpad or Magic Mouse for a pleasant touch-less experience.
· More Best in Class platform features
Dynamic Type and VoiceOver accessibility support. Low Power Mode awareness.
**Focused Work Pro**
Focused Work is made by me, Michael! I believe that Focused Work's core features should be free for everyone to use, but if you want to support and help me work on the app full time, you can subscribe to Focused Work Pro to unlock these extra features.
· Toggl Integration
Log completed Focused Work, Break, and Planning stages with Toggl Track. Assign Projects, Tags, and create common presets.
· Session Alerts across all devices
Start a Focus Session on your Mac, receive alerts on iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch.
· Productivity Export
Review completed sessions in a simple CSV format. Analyse breadcrumbs such as when sessions were started, completed, and other events including how often stages were paused, skipped, or restarted.
· Shortcut Triggers
Configure sessions to trigger shortcuts mid-session, such as when a session starts/finishes and when a stage starts/end, on an iOS or iPadOS device.
· iCloud Syncing
Move between iPhone, iPad, and Mac. Created sessions and productivity history are synced between devices with the same Apple ID.
· Dark Mode
A Pure Black in-app Dark Mode for working into the evening, and Completely Black widgets for dark Home Screens.
· App Icons
Pick a favourite icon to match your home screen. Twelve colours, Light & Dark variants.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out at email@example.com
## What's New
- Session Progress Card: A redesigned UI with a focus on information that's important in the moment. Quickly adjust stages or your Toggl configurations with new contextual buttons
- Sidebar: Right click a favourite session to quickly Select, Unfavourite, or Edit
- Pause on Next Stage: Configure sessions to pause after each stage is completed, and whether to track that extra time
- Integration Icons: Sessions configured with Toggl will display a small icon
- Session Configuration: Right click a stage to Duplicate or Delete
- Completed Session: Fixed productivity feedback line spacing issue on macOS
- Completed Session: Prefix completion date with the day of week
- Recent Sessions: Prefix section header dates with the day of week
- Settings: Moved volume controls to Session Progress screen for quick mid-session adjustment
- Focused Work Pro: Fixed close button not receiving click events on macOS after selecting another button
- Session Configuration: Toggl Workspace, Project, Tag, and Log Stage options won't appear if Log Completed Stages is disabled
- Select Session: All sessions are now categorised into 'Favourite Sessions' and 'All Sessions' sections
- Current Session: Added 'Session Progress' option to Session Progress Card context menu
- Current Session: Added missing Session Focus tap haptic feedback
- Sidebar: Fixed the width of each favourite session appearing warped on app launch
- Settings: Fixed large navigation title not shrinking while scrolling in future versions of macOS
- Toggl: Fixed time entry error when No Project is selected
- Toggl Presets: Fixed random crash after a new preset is created
Ratings and Reviews
i love this app so much!!
Ive been looking for an app just like this one for a while cuz i got tired of setting up the same routine every time i wanna start a focus session so thank u so much for making this app.
I had a bit of an issue with the notifications, when i started a session i got way into it i didn’t notice when the break time started and didn't find any options of change how strong the alarm vibration can be also the alarm sound isn’t loud enough. please fix this i really really enjoy this app and it helped me a lot with procrastination
Developer Response ,
Hey, thank you so much for the support! ☺️ That's awesome to hear the variation of focus sessions help you get started with your routine much sooner!
Regarding the notifications, if you tap Settings -> Sound there's a slider you can adjust for the Alerts volume to make them louder or quieter. This works separately from the volume of your device, so if you set your device to max volume the alert sounds should be pretty loud! 🔊🔊🔊
Just what I was looking for!
It was so hard to find a truly customizable focus timer but this was exactly what I was looking for. Being able to create my own sessions that work for my various workflows is awesome. Love that I can get it on my Mac, too but it seems like there’s a bit of lag or something (could be totally unrelated to the app itself). UI/UX is clean, easy to use, and fun (love that I can set emojis for each session!). This app makes me so productive :D
Developer Response ,
That's fantastic to hear you're loving Focused Work's customisation! Finding the right balance of keeping the app simple to use but flexible for working on different tasks was a challenge. Also, if you're noticing lag please feel free to reach out to me and send through some more details, there's a few contact options in the Settings screen.
Thank you for your kind review, I really appreciate it! 🙂
What a great tool!
A little self-accountability goes a long way when you’re trying to focus and this app is a wonderful little tool for nudging me to stay on task. The big, bold, colorful design is a joy to use. I love the emoji icons for customizing sessions—it all looks fantastic. The widgets are great for glancing at my progress, too. And I’ve found the occasional notifications to be really valuable. This app’s a part of my daily routine now. Love it!
Developer Response ,
Hey there! Thank you so much for the kind compliment 😊 I’m really happy to hear you dig the design of your new study buddy! I feel adding a variety of colour makes the app pop and feel more fun, so I am glad you share that same sentiment! Enjoy 🙏
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Michael Tigas
- 35.1 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Michael Tigas
- In-App Purchases
- Focused Work Pro Yearly $14.99
- Focused Work Pro Lifetime $34.99
- Focused Work Pro Monthly $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.