FODMAP Friendly 4+
Fodmap Friendly Pty Ltd
Designed for iPad
The FODMAP Friendly Certification Trademark is a globally registered Certification Trademark for low FODMAP packaged foods. This App aims to help gastrointestinal symptom management associated with Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS). The FODMAP Friendly logo was designed to enable those with IBS who are following a low FODMAP diet to easily identify and select suitable packaged food products. Along with testing specific products for their FODMAP levels, we have also hundreds of food ingredients, as well. The FODMAP Friendly App displays this information straight from our NATA accredited laboratory in a user-friendly food database.
The App is evidence-based and created by a FODMAP Friendly Accredited Practising Dietitian, including the following:
- Information about FODMAPs, the low FODMAP diet, breath testing and IBS.
- Easy to understand video to guide you through the App.
- Low FODMAP Meal Plans to help guide you in your low FODMAP journey.
- View each food’s overall PASS/FAIL rating according to the FODMAP Friendly Certified levels. A Food List with hundreds of ingredients, specifying how much of a food is low FODMAP (the low FODMAP serve size) and the percentage of FODMAPs found in each ingredient. View specific FODMAP levels for foods, so as to better cater to personal thresholds.
- This App may assist you in reducing FODMAP stacking
- A list of low FODMAP products that have been certified by FODMAP Friendly with product information and availability information. You may view the low FODMAP serving size and can click on ‘Can I have more?’ to see you can still have even more of your favourite products if they are very low FODMAP.
- If an ingredient is high FODMAP, click on ‘How much Passes?’ to see if any amount is low FODMAP - you may still be able to include some of your favourite foods!
- A collection of over 200 nutritious, low FODMAP recipes, including recipe eBooks.
- Functions that allow you to favourite, print and add notes to recipes
- Check out our country lists that show the certified products available in your country.
- Units of measurements are displayed in metric and imperial.
- Use our database to find a Dietitian near you!
- Over 50 previously untested foods.
- Bug Fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Fancy FodMap Brochure, nothing more
I bought this app because the website advertised this as an app for meal planning to be able to enter all the foods from one meal to see if combined they put you into any of the high fodmap categories. Has nothing even remotely like this! This is just a list of a few foods in alphabetical order and their fodmap levels, some dietary guidance and a list of nutritional doctors in your country. They don't even provide info on whole oranges, one of the 3 most popular fruits in the USA. Pretty pathetic for $1.99. This should be free until it actually has some worthwhile content. Save your money and just type "fodmap food-of-choice" into google and you will get more info than this app provides. This is just a glorified fodmap brochure.
Seems to be broken
Users, find another fodmap app. Monash is worth the $ but the other free one on IOS is also okay. Typing into the search on this app sometimes automatically gets you no results before you even finish spelling a word. And you have to know EXACTLY how the food is listed for it to even come up in the search. These developers need to try harder.
The Monash app is much more helpful, and the FODMAP A to Z app is much more helpful for free. This app just gives a pass/fail rating which is especially unhelpful given the nuance of portion size making all the difference in defining what is a high or low FODMAP. I was taken in by the advertising. I should’ve read the ratings and reviews before buying it.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Fodmap Friendly Pty Ltd
- 15 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2015 FODMAP Friendly PTY LTD