With Fog of World, you relive those destinations and the path that lead you there. Map it; draw each stride out for you to see. Look at the work of art you’ve created - just by traveling. By knowing you cannot be contained.
Join Us. Embrace a unique way of experiencing your adventures! Explore, visit and memorize your travels on the world map. Unfog the world and make your life more brilliant today!
● VISUALIZE & MEMORIZE EVERYWHERE YOU’VE BEEN
Fog of World is a real-life, travel and exploring game where you need to remove the fog on the map by exploring the world. It's a fantastic way to visualize everywhere you have been in your entire life or to discover places around you!
● EXQUISITE MAPPING
Beautiful world maps are available at a glance. Explore the places near your location, find the spot to go and hit record. Your trip is then recorded, mapped and kept on your cloud storage forever. Start the travel explore the game, while memorizing the places you visit in a neat way. Grow your level and increase your visit percentages for every continent. Have fun exploring the world!
● CRITICALLY ACCLAIMED
• Featured by Apple as App of the Day in 137 countries
• This Fog of World App Might Be the Funniest App I’ve Seen in a Long Time - GIZMODO
• We don't remember the last time we've run into an app that is as interesting as Fog of World - Business Insider
• Fog of World turns moving through your city and your world into a game of exploration - AppStorm
• Original worldwide location tracking game that will make you want to explore every street in your city and far wider - LITTLE APP REVIEW
• Fog of World uses the fog of war from video games to gamify traveling - The Awesomer
• Was holding the 1st position for top stories on Hacker News!
• Records your tracks and maps travel (even when the app running in the background).
• Shows everywhere you have been on the map at the same time with its advanced trip and travel mapping.
• Analyses your statistics around the world, around every continent, and around every country and territory.
• Lots of badges to motivate you to explore more around the world.
• Support for Importing tracks through GPX or KML files.
• Support for syncing your data with iCloud, Dropbox, Google Drive, and OneDrive.
• Super high-accuracy offline reverse geocoding database that provides the most accurate statistics.
• A widget for easier checking or toggling current record mode.
• Support for Siri shortcuts and personalized Siri phrases.
In short, we do not collect any of your exploration data. Your data will be uploaded when you sync them with your cloud storages, but only you have access to them. We don't.
● Why Fog of World?
• Fog of World is the first app that brings the fog of war idea into the real world map back in 2012 and provides free updates since then.
• Fog of World remains the best app to render the fog overlay and is the only app that shows you high-resolution tracks. Don't believe it? Download the copycat apps and compare the results with Fog of World screenshots.
• There is no user account of Fog of World. All of your data are saved in your device. You have 100% privacy.
• The database is designed to use as little storage as possible while providing high performance.
• Fog of World is the only app that truly works around the world since China uses the GCJ-02 coordinate system due to political reasons. Other copycats either work correctly in China or the rest of the world, but not both.
Map your trips, memorize and start your world adventure with Fog of World. It’s like having world atlas and yourself to explore and conquer it.
Download the ultimate explore game and places I've been travel tracker now!
Like us on Facebook:
Follow us on Twitter:
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Fixes the possible track shift issue on landscape mode.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Love this app
Been using this app daily for about 5 years now for all of my travels as well as daily outings. I treat it like a game and use it to challenge myself to walk down a road I’ve never been on, travel to a different part of a city that I may not have thought of before, or find my way back from a hike. The amazing part is you feel like you’ve already seen so much but when you look at the world percentage that you’ve actually visited or the countries that you haven’t been to you realize there’s so much more to see.
In the beginning it really sucked the life out of your battery but the latest version seems to not be so bad.
If you enjoy traveling and seeing new areas get this.
Great but missing a few key features
I have been waiting for something like this for years. Excellent app. What’s missing: ability to export, so I could view/edit the content in google maps or elsewhere; ability to edit, so I could view with and without my road trips and flights, etc. Or manually distinguish or auto-detect car, plane etc so that those can be viewed as separate maps, to separate places I’ve “really been” from those I’ve driven through or flown over. Or ability to manually draw places I know I’ve been. You may think that cheats the gamification, but remember, this is just for me - and it’s missing everywhere I went before 2018! And I’d like to fix that if I can.
Great, and finally updated!
I've been using this app for about four years now, and it's always been slow, running hot, and hasn't been updated in the last couple years. But today version 2.0 was finally released! I've been testing it for a little while, and it seems so much snappier, and it doesn't cause nearly as much drain on my battery. There are new options, such as fog render intensity, and a new interface that suits the latest versions of iOS.
Thank you so much, Ollix, for not abandoning this app.
That said, I would really appreciate a way to export my data to a standard file format, readable by other apps such as Google Earth.
- 98.8 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5S, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE (1st generation), iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone SE (2nd generation), iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 Pro Max, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (9.7‑inch), iPad Pro (9.7‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5‑inch), iPad Pro (10.5‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad (6th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (11‑inch), iPad Pro (11‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (3rd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad mini (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (7th generation), iPad (7th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (11‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (11‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (4th generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (4th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (4th generation), iPad Air (4th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (8th generation), iPad (8th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPod touch (6th generation), and iPod touch (7th generation).
English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Ollix
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.