-- Create Beautiful Custom Folders on your Mac --
Folder Designer is the coolest and easiest way to customize Folders on your Mac. We’ve made this app perfectly simple to use so that anyone can give their Folders a totally unique appearance.
• Customize your Mac’s folders with a unique new icon or pattern
• Choose from a large selection of pre-installed icon images within the app
• Ability to add any image/pattern of your choice to a Folder
• Ability to edit the icon/pattern scale to allow a perfect fit according to your tastes
• Auto center/auto fit an icon or pattern
• Ability to position the icon using the mouse to exactly where you want
• Change the background colour to one of your choice
BENEFITS OF FOLDER DESIGNER:
• Instantly create Folders on your Mac that are entirely unique in appearance
• Have Folders that feature either a unique icon, pattern or even a different background colour than the regular blue shade
• Folders can be easily distinguishable and identifiable on your Mac directly by appearance
• An extremely easy app to use offering infinite customization possibilities
• Regular free updates
We've worked hard to make Folder Designer as simple and efficient as possible for you to use. We would love to hear your thoughts via email and make any improvements to future versions of this app. We intend to have an active development cycle powered by your feedback, love and support!
- Added improved support for macOS Mojave
Ratings and Reviews
Quick and easy, sometimes glitchy!
I really enjoyed the straightforward shortcut to personalize your desktop even further. The large color selection is amazing, allowing you to personalize each folder to coordinate with your desktop. The only reason I gave four stars and not five is because on occasion the folders don’t change color immediately and you have to apply the color a few times before it shows, however this app is truly a life saver and worth the small payment if you are dedicated to making your desktop unique and aesthetic.
Couldn’t get by without it!
I have used this little widget for a couple years now and I don’t know how I could get along without it. I am a freelance web designer and keeping folders organized on two desktops would be a total disaster without this little gem. It only does one thing, but does it ever do it well. If you have to use a lot of file folders with your Mac, do yourself a favor and spend a buck and your life will get so much easier. This is one of my must have widgets. Easy to use and keeps this otherwise unorganized web designer on track.
By the way to the guy who can’t get it to work, you have to check the “enabled" box and then click “Apply to Folder” and it ALWAYS works. Check the box!! Couldn’t be easier, couldn’t be better.
Works Great for Majavi's Bug
There is a new bug in Mojavi whereas custom icons appear way too pixelated. I use custom thumbnails for folders, video files, etc. That bug is a major setback, so I was looking up ways to work around it, and this amazing app is able to give me the exact look I want for my folders. You can apply an icon view or pattern view. The quality comes out way better than the way Majavi currently generates thumbnails.
I hope the developers also consider an app to customize the thumbnail of ALL file types in the future.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.