Compare pairs of folders and display differences using colour coding. After comparing, choose to automatically sync the folders or manually manipulate the files (copy, move, rename or delete) directly within the Folder Sync window.
Built in scheduling abilities which can run multiple Presets concurrently with no user intervention. Schedule Presets to repeat at a regular interval or to sync at specific days/times.
Ideal for keeping multiple pairs of folders in sync, quickly and easily. Great for backups and for merging and managing content on external USB hard drives, Network Attached Storage, camera memory cards or any other drives from your network which are available through Finder.
- Modern interface
- Simple yet powerful
- Great for beginners and advanced users
- Sync Queue allows multiple Presets to run in parallel with no user intervention
- Schedule Presets to automatically Sync using the Sync Queue
- Excellent preview and feedback at every stage
- Realtime feedback in window as files are read from disk
- Powerful filtering capabilities
- Superb custom selection abilities
- Extensive logging system
- Designate folders as "Read Only Mode" within the app
- App will use the Recycle Bin where available
- Ability to delay read of sub folders from disk, a HUGE time saver
Folder Sync 2 also now includes a fully featured Duplicate Finder which can be accessed by starting a new tab using the Folder Sync 2, File Screen Menu
- Search Multiple Folders to locate duplicates within them
- Use File Name and Size as match criteria or match on File Contents to detect duplicate files with different names
- All duplicates found are presented in a UI which supports Quick Look
- Select multiple duplicates found to Delete batches of them
- Comprehensive preview of all files marked for deletion prior to committing to delete
- Accidental deletion prevention mechanism to prevent you accidentally deleting all copies of a file found in the search
*** Please contact Destek Support if you have any issues and we will do whatever we can to assist. Thank you. ***
# New in Version 2.15.2
- Fix for log table not expanding to fill all available width
- Fix for 14-day trial failing to fully validate and allow sync to be used in some scenarios
# New in Version 2.15.1
- Fix for overlapping UI components in Dark Mode
# New in Version 2.15.0
- Further UI updates to better align with Big Sur.
- Added option to read and display Finder Tags.
- Added ability to Select items with different Finder Tags and copy only the tags to the other side.
- Improvements to Sync Type empty folder handling. You can now specify if you want to delete all empty folders after a sync or just those that only exist on one side.
- Added ability to rename a Preset from the Presets row menu.
# Known Issues
- The toolbar Filter Mode control is not clear enough at feeding back the currently selected item.
Ratings and Reviews
Works, but new menus aer confusing
I'll keep it short. Suppose what I want to do is copy any files on the left to the right that don't exist on the right.
I clicked on the menu and I can "mirror left to right". OK, what does "mirroring" mean? Mirrors make things opposite.
I clicked on "synch" and it says "update right to left" Huh? Does this update the right to be identical to the left, or does it update the what is on the right to the left, total opposites.
Fortunately, I found the arrows pointing right and left, and clicked them. If you want to update the software, by all means do so, but make sure your menu items are clear. I don't care if I have to "grabonkoqitz" my files as long as the me menu tells me this will copy anything different on the left over to the right.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your feedback, I am sorry that you found the menu confusing, I will look into improving that.
Copy behaves as it would in any other file management app, select items and copy them to the other side. No intelligence is applied to a copy operation, if you’ve selected something and ask it to be copied, it will always be copied.
Update and Mirror are “Sync Types” that you can configure however you want them in the App Preferences. Sync Types use the rules you define to work out what should be copied, deleted or ignored.
The thinking behind Mirror and Update is to handle the following two main work flows.
1. Many people use Folder Sync to keep a backup of a folder from a Mac onto a NAS box, server or external hard drive. Mirror is great for this as you can use it to keep them both exactly the same.
2. Many people also use Folder Sync to push files from multiple Macs to a single folder on a NAS box, server or external hard drive. One example is that you own several Macs and they have small SSDs so occasionally you want to clean up the downloads folder and move that data off the SSD. In this scenario, you don’t want the source and target to be mirrored, you just want to push updated files from the SSD to the target drive.
In a compare tab, Folder Sync never commits any changes to disk without first showing you the Sync Preview and that provides a good safe way to experiment with some test data, to let you see how each of the various options are working.
A Superior Product
Destek has written a superior product in Folder Sync 2.
Specifically, Folder Sync 2 doesn’t fail when things aren’t perfect. I had a client’s old WD hard drive (one of many), and it kept unmounting by itself, but then the Mac mounts it again a few seconds later. Folder Sync 2 doesn’t give up like others do. It just picks up where it left off. This was in the process of aggregating 10TB of data files spanning 10 years of archives. It also has significant depth and detail I haven’t found in other apps that try to achieve the same function.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for taking time to review.
A responsive developer & very useful app!
After a bit of a rocky start with version 2, the app is back in my toolkit of super useful tools. The developer has been very diligent in resolving speed issues and adding features back in that went missing during the rewrite (from version 1 to 2). Thanks very much!
Developer Response ,
Hi Mike, thanks for taking time to review. We'd be keen to understand which parts of the process seem slower to you and further investigate that, please do get in touch so we can investigate further. One significant difference between version 1 and version 2 is that version 2 now supports the mandatory sandbox (version 1 was written before the sandbox existed and before it became mandatory). The sandbox means batch importing presets from the old version wont work as explicit permission has to be granted by the user for each and every folder. The toolbar was a casualty of the tabbed interface, please let us know what functionality you miss in particular from the toolbar.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Destek Ltd
- 3.7 MB
- Requires macOS 10.13 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2011-2020 Destek Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Free 14 day Trial
- Purchase Full Version $24.99
- Upgrade to Full Version $16.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.