Folders File Manager is designed for users who recently transitioned from a PC as well as for those who have always missed a tree-style file manager on their Mac. Everything in Folders feels as familiar as possible while satisfying your passion for beautiful-looking apps.
Get everything you’d expect from a file manager, with the most used functions brought to the top.
Familiar from other operating systems, the folder tree feels right where it belongs.
Undo any file operation including replacements and folder mergers.
Runs natively on Apple Silicon.
Try before purchase:
Fully functional free 14-day trial.
• Four consistently behaving views (Icons, List, Table, Gallery)
• Multiple windows and multiple tabs
• Convenient access to your Home and iCloud Drive folders
• Expandable, rearrangeable Favorites
• Folder symlink traversal in the tree
• Multiple color tags, text tags, star rating, image pixel size
• File changes shown in bold
• Recent files
• Touch bar support
• Cut via Bin with ⌘X
• Create and extract ZIP archives
• Create an empty (blank) file
• Quick Look preview
• “Folders first” grouping
• Compare file properties on conflicts during copy/move
• Built-in preview in Info panel
• Play audio and video files directly in Info panel and Gallery view
• File details with EXIF and other metadata
• Discover and mount network shares
• One-time purchase, no subscriptions or recurring payments.
• Bug fixes and other improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Nice App/Five Stars
Really great app! I’ve always had Apple Mac systems at home, but in the Corporate world, it’s all Windows. And, when using Windows, the one thing that always felt really comfortable was the “tree” menu. Going from anyplace, to where you wanted to be was just a matter of a couple of clicks. There’s nothing wrong with Finder, and Folders File Manager is Finder like, but just easier to get where you want to be, and quickly. Developer very responsive to questions/suggestions that I submitted. Highly recommend giving this app a try.
Folder tree — best way to manipulate files!
The tree sidebar makes manipulating files familiar & fast for any Windows/Linux users, as well as programmers using most IDEs. There are a bunch of other quality-of-life changes too, such as Cmd-X. Cannot understand why Apple is so stubborn, but we have this alternative now. Highly recommended!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Andriy Konstantynov
- 4.1 MB
- Requires macOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Andriy Konstantynov
- In-App Purchases
- Folders Free 14-day Trial $0.00
- Folders Full Version $7.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.