Take control of your health information. The new and improved mobile version of your personal health record, powered by FollowMyHealth®, is easy to use and easy to navigate.
From the home screen, you can view your current health summary, reminders and recent account activity—and quickly click to your medical profile and profiles of family members you’re authorized to view. You also get 24/7 access for:
• Communicating securely with your care team.
• Scheduling appointments.
• Viewing test and lab results.
• Requesting prescription refills.
• Managing your preferred pharmacy for prescription renewals.
• Managing connections with healthcare organization to access your health information and interact with providers.
• Paying outstanding bills and view your billing history.
• Viewing and manage your demographics, contact information, and insurance policies.
(Please note: The availability of some features may be dependent on your connected organizations.)
Take full advantage of the modern iOS features such as:
• Passcodes and Touch ID: Create a Mobile Passcode or use Touch ID to quickly and easily sign in to FollowMyHealth® Mobile. Touch ID requires iOS 8 and up. Mobile Passcode will work on any iOS device.
• Apple Health: Automatically import upload blood pressure, weight and glucose readings from Apple Health into your FollowMyHealth® account.
• Push Notifications: In addition to receiving FollowMyHealth® notifications via text and/or email, notifications can now be pushed directly to your iOS device. App badges notify you at a glance of important new information within your FollowMyHealth® account.
• Apple Watch: Convenient access to FollowMyHealth® push notifications and Action Center items directly from your Apple Watch.
• Apple VoiceOver: Improves accessibility for visually impaired users.
New wellness goals
View and track your mood, steps, blood sugar and weight
Sign in with Apple ID
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This APP is a must have to keep up on your health. Patients should have access to their test results....it is our body, we need to know what is going on with our health.
I am now able to put together suitable questions from reading test results to go over with my physician to become more involved with my treatment plan.
I can now match up procedures and dates with invoices I receive for copayments. Now I can see why I was being billed since the bills never give details just dates and invoice numbers. Helps out with my accounting procedures.
Since I see several specialists I can now print out various testing performed and test results to go over with them so they are not duplicating orders for tests.
Having my medical records available to me at my fingertips allows me to become more knowledgeable about my personal health issues through viewing first hand various procedure results so that I can be more hands on now on how I can personally maintain a healthy lifestyle, realizing my limitations with the various diseases I am living with on a daily basis.
Constantly crashes, worthless customer support
When I first got this app a couple of years ago, it worked great. Sometime last year, it suddenly started crashing as soon as I logged in. I could see my information momentarily, and then it would just close. I reinstalled it twice, I installed updates, nothing helped. So I contacted customer service. But instead of listening to me, they treated me like a moron, as though I must never have seen a piece of technology created in the last half-century. They insisted I reinstall it again. They insisted I didn’t know how to properly install an app (I guess tapping a button that says install is confusing for some....). They refused to acknowledge that the problem might be a bug in their software. They told me to try it on a different device. (I did, by the way, and it didn’t work any better on my iPad than it did on my phone.) They went back to the brilliant summation that I must be installing it wrong. Unfortunately, my doctor’s office insists on using this platform for most communication. I guess I installed them wrong, too?
Update: The developers continue to do nothing to fix the app, although they did offer the extraordinarily helpful suggestion that I contact my medical provider to resolve the problem with *their* software. This makes tons of sense. In fact, I always contact my GP when I have computer issues. I’m sure he can fix this, too!
Developer Response ,
If your medical organization was unable to provide technical support, please contact our development team at firstname.lastname@example.org with a description of your issue and they will help troubleshoot your issue.
It works very well
I am rating this from the patient side, not the physician/healthcare organization side. I have basically a collection of doctors from all different specialties, and nearly all of them use different patient portal softwares (except for the few that refuse to get one - and I do not blame them!) FollowMyHealth has a layout that is much more intuitive than some other patient portals. Messaging your doctor is a breeze. Refilling a Rx is a piece of cake. My doc even uploaded referral forms that I was able to easily access and print at home without having to go into the office. Also, as someone who has to take several Rx medications, I have struggled to keep each doctor up-to-date with my current medication plan. Sometimes the meds change, more often than not the nurses or office staff simply enter them incorrectly. On FollowMyHealth I can see the exact list of what was put into the EHR of that office. You can’t change the list yourself, but you can contact the office or wait until your next appointment.
- Allscripts Healthcare Solutions, Inc.
- 64.9 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © Copyright 2019 Allscripts Healthcare Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.