You’ve heard about this restaurant for months. You’ve been looking forward to that dinner for days. When the food comes, it’s… average.
Foodetective is here to ensure this never happens to you again. You can always trust our Detectives, and this fact alone sets us apart from other review sites and apps.
Content by trusted foodies
It is our solemn promise to you that we are dead serious about food and drinks. We handpick our Detectives from the foodie community in each of our cities. When they come to us, they are already experts on their respective food scenes: they know the ins and outs, they can list their favourite spots at the drop of a hat. Eating out is almost a compulsion for them. We then train them and give them the tools they need to create the best possible content for you. They write engaging and honest reviews using our innovative Six Pillar model and take high quality photos, which ensures that you get all the information you need before making your decision.
* A Strategic Tool and Partner - On Foodetective, we offer multiple services but have a single mission: to empower F&B businesses in their quest for greatness, high-quality food and drinks, innovative cuisine, and a profitable business model. Sherlock is your tool for managing all your relationships and interactions with your customers.
* All-in-One Service - Designed for your needs and type of business, Sherlock will help you set up bookings, delivery, pick-ups, and takeaway orders, manage mobile payments, queue management, and catering. Managing your business will be easier than ever with Sherlock allowing you to simply focus on doing what you do best. You can easily add and remove any of the services at any point, ensuring our service is tailored to your changing needs.
* A Dedicated Dashboard - Since we offer various services and tools to grow your business, we are also able to help you analyse your business as a whole. Sherlock continuously analyses the progress of your business to provide you with an intuitive report of our operations and monthly performance.
Tailor Made Solution - Whether you are a restaurant, food truck, coffee shop, bakery, butcher, chocolatier, food stand, juice bar or salad bar, whether you sell bagels, cheese, candy or champagne, Sherlock was built in a way to be useful to anyone in the F&B industry.
* Reviews For Feedback - Since all our reviewers are professional hospitality people and trained foodies, we can help you become aware of areas that can be improved from a guest’s point of view. Every Detective review comes with a private, confidential report to help you better assess the focus of your business.
We update the Foodetective app as often as possible to make it faster, tastier and more reliable for you. Here are a couple of enhancements you will find in the latest update:
- introducing: LeFood delivery service, now available in selected restaurants
- bugfixes and performance improvements
Love the app? Rate us! Your feedback helps us improve and make the Foodetective app better.
Ratings and Reviews
It’s an excellent app
- The Food Detective SA
- 35 MB
- Food & Drink
Requires iOS 12.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Amharic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Esperanto, Estonian, Finnish, French, Frisian, Gaelic, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hausa, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Igbo, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Kirghiz, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Luxembourgish, Macedonian, Malagasy, Malay, Malayalam, Maltese, Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian Bokmål, Pashto, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Shona, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tajik, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese, Welsh, Yiddish, Yoruba
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © TheFood Detective SA
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.