FoodFinder helps food insecure kids & families find their closest free food.
Who it helps: FoodFinder helps food insecure kids and adult first responders, like teachers and counselors, find their closest free food resources quickly, privately, and effectively.
What it does: It automatically identifies all free food resources near any location in the US on a map, and ‘pins’ appear to identify the nearest free food sites.
How it works:
- Open the app and your location is automatically displayed on a map.
- Tap a nearby pin to see the name of that resource
- Tap the name to see all the details and information for that free food resource.
- Tap the address to automatically open google maps and get directions to reach the resource from your current location.
You can also:
- Tap the phone number to CALL the resource (if available)
- Tap the email address to automatically EMAIL the resource (if available).
- See languages spoken, services offered, website, and other available information about the resource
www.FoodFinder.US is an award-winning website which provides the same functionality as the app from any web browser.
FoodFinder is recognized as a tax-exempt charitable organization under the Internal Revenue Code, 501(c)(3).
Updated layout to improve your experience within the app;
Improved the interface to make it easier to contact and locate providers.
Possibility to Suggest an Edit to a pantry directly on your phone.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Doesn’t even show restaurants
All it shows is churches
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.