Find foods that you can eat
Food Hunt is designed to help those with food allergies find safe foods easily. Food Hunt currently has the following features:
- Set your allergies. Currently, the only allergies that Food Hunt works for are the following 9 common allergens. (Milk, Wheat, Soy, Peanut, Tree Nut, Egg, Fish, Shellfish, Sesame). In the future, we will add more allergies that can be scanned for.
- Scan a food. Every food has a barcode on the package. Food Hunt allows you to scan this barcode, and let you know if it is safe to eat with your allergies.
- Add a friend. Food Hunt also allows you to add another user as a friend. This feature is useful if you know someone who has dietary restrictions, and you want to scan foods to see if they can eat it. This is especially useful for family and friends that shop for you or cook for you.
Note: To shop for a friend, you both must make a Food Hunt account.
For our first version of the app, the features listed above are the current main features.
For the future of Food Hunt, we are planning to add the following features:
- A history of foods that you have scanned and a history of foods that other people have scanned for you.
- A rating system. A way to rate foods with either a thumbs up or thumbs down right after you scan a food or after someone has scanned a food for you. We currently have the frontend for this when you scan a food, but we have yet to set up the backend.
- A recommending system. A page that recommends foods that people with similar allergies to you have liked. This is a big goal of ours, as it will help those with allergies find well-liked safe foods that the community loves.
Remember, Food Hunt is still in Beta, so please let us know about any bugs that need to be fixed. Also feel free to contact us with suggestions for Food Hunt.
Since we are trying to grow, recommending us to a friend if you enjoy the app would be greatly appreciated.
Ratings and Reviews
Great for kids
I have friends with very significant food allergies. My wife is the main chef in our house and she uses this to make sure dinner works for everyone when they come over. A much needed app. The walk through intro in particular is quite good.
My son is allergic to the 8 common allergens and this app has been so helpful, especially when I forget my glasses at the store. Text on labels is so small and I can easily scan and know instantly if a food contains an allergen he can’t eat. Thank you FoodHunt!!!
Best app ever
This app truly made me feel safe with my allergies! this also helped me shop for others to further our friendship!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- David Meyer
- 13.4 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 13.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.2 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Maxwell Meyer