Ditch the tedious calorie counting to get (and stay) healthy once and for all. Foodstand is an app that helps you eat healthier through our community-powered Good Eating Challenges. Challenges are based on basic good eating principles that apply to everyone.
Recently named one of the Top 8 Ways to Eat Healthier in 2018 - by the Today Show.
Nearly every Registered Dietitian, Physician, and healthcare professional will agree that we’ll all be better off if we stop counting calories and instead focus on:
- Eating less processed food
- Eating more plants
- Eating fewer animal products
- Eating more mindfully
If you, like many of us, will only stop eating junk food or fast food when someone pries it from your hands despite knowing veggies are better, you know old habits die hard. That’s why Foodstand Challenges are designed based on the latest in habit building research and behavioral therapy to ensure you’ll be successful, and will enjoy the process along the way.
- Fun challenges to help you build eating habits associated with reduced risk of obesity, diabetes, heart disease, and a healthier planet
- Buddy system for accountability to help you stay on track with the help of friends and family members
- End-to-end team challenges for workplaces and schools (more at thefoodstand.com/teams)
- Simple 2-second draw-a-check-mark tracking with fun, positive responses. No need to log every morsel of food or track calories. You can add optional info to keep a food diary if you’d like, but it’s not required.
- Daily motivational reminders and tips based on your progress, so you’ll have support to stay on track.
- Each challenge has easy levels and free passes because we believe in progress over perfection. For example, Level II is a 3 day challenge and comes with a free pass, so you don’t need to go ‘cold turkey,’ and you’re more likely to stick with it.
- Community support — you’ll be able share ideas, ask questions, and learn from thousands of others doing the same challenge as you. Soon, you’ll also be able to add a buddy to a challenge.
- Each challenge comes with a Guidebook that includes tips, recipes, a shopping list, and more details on why this habit is a good idea.
Some of our first challenges include:
- Quit soda
- Drink 8 glasses of water a day
- Avoid fast food
- No added sugar
- Eat 3 or 5 servings of fruits and vegetables a day
- Eat less meat
- Cook dinner more often
- Eat at least 1 distraction-free meal a day
You won’t find any fad diets or crash cleanses on Foodstand because we know those don’t work. You’ll only find challenges to help you build good eating habits that will lead to long-term health.
Our good eating challenges have been designed in collaboration with several Registered Dietitians, Center for Science in the Public Interest (CSPI), Johns Hopkins Center for a Livable Future, THI, and several others.
“I lost 5 kg in one month, only by quitting added sugar! Not eating less neither working out, only eating real food :-D” ~member participating in the No Added Sugar Challenge
"I lost 7 kilos in 2 months, and I'm eating a lot of veggies and fruits"
~member participating in the Eat More Veggies Challenge
"Ive been able to create a better healthy eating plan for myself. I've also been better at planning out meals which created better meal budgeting and portion control. I've lost 20 lbs solely due to the challenges from Foodstand"
~ member participating in the Eat More Veggies Challenge
"Foodstand is a powerful tool for anyone seeking to make some changes to their relationship with food and eating. Capitalizing on the science of learning and behavior change, and setting this within a supportive and engaging community setting, Foodstand maximizes the chances of making healthy changes to eating behavior. Foodstand makes it easier to do the right thing when it comes to eating."
- Brian Iacoviello, PhD, Assistant Professor at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Works well but has a few issues
I like using this app to keep myself in check. However, some days I forget to check in, making me lose challenges I otherwise would have completed. That's not really the app's fault, though. What always annoys me is that the scroll bar that lets you see all the days (days you've completed, passed on, or haven't done yet) are not viewable. Please fix soon, his is my number one pet peeve!
Excellent way to stay in touch with like-minded foodies
I work in the food world and oftentimes feel as if I cannot keep up with what is happening in the industry, despite me BEING in the industry. Foodstand bridges that gap so easily. With their new version, I can now find events in my neighborhood, help others with questions, and even ask my own. The best thing is that it’s connected to the “Good Food Movement,” which in a way, is a self-selecting group of people who care about food systems…healthy food systems. It really is the good food community that lives in my pocket. Thank you for creating such a worthwhile tool.
We have a winner.
Seriously, folks; this app is going to be huge. Those social media friends that always post pictures of what they're eating on Instagram, Facebook, etc? I'm that guy. But Foodstand gives me a reason--and a beautiful, user-friendly platform--to showcase my eats with pride, and it also lets me connect with friends in an entirely new way. All of my foodie friends are psyched to jump in here, and I really think Foodstand's where it's at. Can't recommend it highly enough!
- Purpose Campaigns, LLC
- 14.8 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © Purpose
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.