Where are your kids?
Where have they been?
With Footprints, you can track your kids and share locations with family and friends, anytime, privately. It all happens automatically, whether your phone is in your hand or in your pocket. All in a beautifully clear and simple interface.
Now, parents can keep track of their children's whereabouts and see where they have been, couples can know that their loved ones arrived safely at their destination, friends can locate each other, and even managers can keep track of employees in the field.
Footprints tracks and shares locations automatically – in real time, all the time. And it does it privately. It's really different from other apps that simply show the current location or require some kind of manual operation to share locations.
With Footprints, you can set up Geofences, like your kids school, and be notified when these fences are crossed. You can even activate movement sensors that will notify you each time your loved ones are on the move.
- Tracks movement throughout the day and logs waypoints without user intervention.
- Parental control feature allows for sharing locations at all times, without a disabling option.
- Lets you share waypoints by granting specific permissions. For instance, you can share your last 10 waypoints with a friend for two days.
- Geofence and movement notifications can alert you when someone moves or crosses a fenced area. Speeding notifications can alert parents when their teenagers go over the speed limit.
- Designed to sync seamlessly between your iPhone and iPad.
- Runs in the background – without draining your battery – by leveraging Apple's Significant Location Change technology, which monitors location changes as your device “sees” new cellular towers. (Footprints typically logs a waypoint when there is movement of 500 meters to 3 km or a quarter-mile to 2 miles, depending on cellular coverage in the area.) This default setting provides a good balance of timely location updates without draining the battery.
- Initial free subscription period makes it easy to get started.
- Requirements: iOS 8.0 or later. (Footprints 1.6 supports iOS 4.3 and later). Footprints must be installed on all devices tracking or sharing locations, and each device must have a valid subscription.
- Tracking Disclaimer: Devices without a GPS and cellular connection (iPad Wi-Fi, iPod touch) can only track and share waypoints when connected to a Wi-Fi network.
- Battery Disclaimer: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
iPhone X support
Ratings and Reviews
So far no good.
I downloaded it sounded cool to track my son. Bought a two year subscription on both devices. Crappy tracker app when it works shows where he is. Huge delays get notifications hours later. I really want my money back.
Once it's configured properly, it's very good
My wife and I have been using Footprints for over a year now to track our two kids. It took us quite a while to configure the app and indeed customer service didn't really help. But once we figured it out, we were able to add many locations (fences) and now we get notifications whenever our kids arrive/leave home, school and all their activities. It's also pretty accurate and doesn't waste too much battery. We just renewed our subscription for all 4 of us for two years ($5.99 if I'm not wrong). I had issues with the renewal and it charged me 5 times, but I just called Apple Customer Service and got my money back right away. It turned out I had to uninstall and reinstall the app and then it worked like a charm. To my best knowledge it's the best app that keeps track of the kids whereabouts out there. So don't get discouraged if it's hard to set it up or if customer service is not good. It's worth using it once you go through the hurdles.
Needs Search for the Geo Fence Feature
Giving it two more stars than it deserves only because it works, despite the inconveniences I mention below.
I’ve not found it as hard to set up as others may describe, but am dismayed that when setting up a geofence you have to physically scroll the map and zoom in to the location you want. For some reason they have not provided a search function to allow you to pinpoint an exact address.
Very inconvenient for when you are setting up a geofence in a location that is far away (I.e. across the country) and you don’t know enough about the location. I had to switch back and forth between the phone’s native map app and Footprints several times to pinpoint the locations for my long distance geofences.
Also, when setting a geofence the map can only display in hybrid mode, even when you change the main screen’s map settings to just a plain old graphical map. This makes setting a the above mentioned long distance geofence even more cumbersome, as the map refresh rates are much slower.
It would also be great if you could use a logged waypoint to set up a geofence. No can do.
Lastly in the complaint department, tracking others won’t work unless you switch both location tracking and location sharing on for your own phone, even though you may not be giving others (I.e. your kids) permission to track you. What this tells me is Footprints is forcing you to track yourself and is likely using your location data for their own purposes.
- Sollico Software Corporation
- 17.3 MB
Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2017 Sollico Software
- In-App Purchases
- 1-Year Subscription $3.99
- 3-Months Subscription $1.99
- 2-Years Subscription $5.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.