Footsteps is an advanced pedometer counting steps and calories burned as you walk or run.
It's easy to use, works when in your pocket, hand or a case.
It doesn't require any special belt although works great when you use one.
Works in background (don't forget to start Footsteps after you turn on your iPhone/iPod).
Works with Apple Watch.
- Records steps, duration, distance and calories burned
- Displays current speed, pace and calorie burn
- Works in background
- Works with Apple Watch
- Optional integration with the Health App
- Displays counts for walking and running as well as total counts
- Nine color schemes to choose from including high contrast B&W
- Dark mode support
- Timer pauses automatically when no activity is detected
- Pacer helps you maintain the desired speed and intensity. It also gives you information about calories burned per hour as you maintain this speed
- Distance chime
- Advanced algorithm calculating calories burned
- Screen lock
- Configurable step length for walking and running separately (check our website for step length calculators)
- Configurable units of measurement both English and Metric
- History & Graphs modules
- Allows to share your workout sessions by email, SMS, Facebook & Twitter
- On iPhones turns the screen off to save battery when close to the body, in the pocket or case
The pedometer can group your activity into workouts. You decide when to start, pause, reset and save your workout.
You can also turn off workouts completely and let Footsteps capture your steps whenever the app is running (Settings -> Use Workouts switch to OFF).
History module lets you browse your activity grouped by months, weeks, days or you can see your individual workouts.
You can add, edit or delete any of your activity, you can also share it by Email (with CSV attachment), SMS, Twitter or Facebook.
THE APPLE HEALTH APP INTEGRATION
You can set up Footsteps to provide steps, active calories and distance data to the Health App/Activity App.
Footsteps can also synchronize weight with the Health App.
You can use Apple watch with Footsteps, the activity recorded by it is transferred to Footsteps.
The app can also contribute to Activity Rings If you turn on Health Kit integration.
The pedometer has a built-in help system with FAQ section,also feel free to contact our support, we'll be glad to help you. (from within Footsteps tap Help, then Feedback and send us an email explaining the problem).
- Fixed 'Today' stats in History
- Fixed crashes
- Adjusted for iOS14
Ratings and Reviews
Has Not Failed Me
I am a walker...fast and slow. I do not jog nor run, so I cannot address this app for those who do. But, this app has been working consistently for me month after month. It gives me all the data to let me know how my workout/walkout is doing per day and over time. It has not failed me. I endorse this app.
I like it but...
I like this app, it seems to be pretty accurate and I love that it tracks the time I spent walking as well as how many calories I’m burning. However, I’ve noticed that the app doesn’t start counting my steps automatically even when I put it on “always track steps”. I have to first open the app for it to start tracking my steps. With that being said, if I close the app during the day it will stop tracking my steps. So I have to remember to reopen it if I close it. And that’s kind of a hassle. It would be nice if it tracked my steps even if I close it or if I forget to open it. Other than that, I like the app.
I like Footsteps app. It is simple to use. It has exactly what I wanted in an app to count how much I walked per day. It counts steps, the mileage, time, walking or running, and holds history. It probly does much more but that’s what I wanted in a simple to use format. In this format, the app is also free.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Palm Shadow Apps LLC
- 4.5 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2009-2021 Palm Shadow Apps LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.