*** Featured by Apple, Lifehacker, Macworld and Cult of Mac! ***
Forecast Bar offers hyper accurate, hyper local live weather and forecasts right at your fingertips and is highly customizable to fit your needs. With full support for iOS 15 and watchOS 8, Forecast Bar is the most powerful and last weather app you will ever need!
== Highly Customizable ==
- Create a customized weather summary to use in the app and widget which can contain any combination of 20+ data points with everything from wind speeds to air quality to live precipitation!
- 6 new Home Screen widgets keep the weather right at your fingertips, including a Multi-City widget to track 4 cities at once. (Silver and Gold only)
- Easily choose between many options for icons and backgrounds, and even the app icon.
- Create your own background packs using the images found on your phone or tablet! (Silver and Gold only)
== Stay Informed with Push Notifications ==
- Personalized daily weather report for any location, at any time you wish
- Push notifications for severe weather alerts in the United States
- Precipitation alerts sent reliably from our servers (Gold only)
- Custom notifications and alerts! You can configure 14 different data points to look out for what matters to you. For example, get notified in the morning when wind during the day will rise above a certain speed, or if temperatures overnight will drop below freezing. (Gold only)
- Beautiful Sunset alerts that give you a heads up when a stunning sunset (or sunrise!) is heading your way. Get your cameras ready! (Gold only)
- Get notified when earthquakes hit near you! (Gold only)
== Weather at a glance, or in depth ==
- Quickly check the current conditions or forecast for 14 days at a glance, including a succinct summary available in over 40 languages
- Tap on any day’s forecast to see an hour-by-hour breakdown
- Tap again to see even more details like dew point, pressure, visibility, UV index and more
- Save unlimited favorite locations (and even rename them) across the globe for easy access
- Choose between a compact and highly visual view for weather at up to 8 locations at a time (Silver or Gold and Weather Company data source only)
- Utilize nearby Personal Weather Stations (PWS) for even more hyper-local weather accuracy
- Animated weather radar in the United States, Europe and Australia, including future radar forecasts
- Check weather conditions up to 70 years in the past or future with Time Machine
== Apple Watch Support (requires watchOS7) ==
- Forecast Bar includes a beautiful and powerful Apple Watch App with 100+ customizable complications, including hourly and daily visual forecasts, Graphs to visualize several different data points, or a Custom Modular with 3 customizable lines. With the new Series 7 watch, you can even use two of them at a time!
The Watch app is fully customizable, with 3 custom data points you can add, a customizable hourly data point.
== First Class iPad Support ==
- Forecast Bar supports iPad multitasking in Slide Over and Split Screen
== Ready for Apples latest iOS and newest iPhones ==
- An iMessage app lets you quickly check and share weather at all your favorite locations right from within Messages
Your free download includes one week of a Gold subscription. Afterwards, you will need to subscribe to continue making full use of Forecast Bar.
Subscriptions will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. They will automatically renew at the end of your subscription period unless canceled at least 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period.
New Wind Speed Complication
Fix Icon Size on Condition and Temp Corner Complication
Ratings and Reviews
Updated review. Watch app still unreliable
Had updated my review because I started using the watch complications again due to the developer giving a response to my review saying that a recent update had fixed the issue. I updated my review too soon because I am having the same issue again. Back to the normal weather for my watch
Original review: “Love all the customization his app lets you do and I’ve decided it’s my favorite looking weather app and I’d love to use it for along time. With that being said every 2 or so days when I remove my Apple Watch for charging and then put it back on the watch can’t receive anything from the app..? But then when I click the empty bars it makes on my watch face under “fore cast bar” it will try to open the app for about 3-5 seconds and crash no matter how many times I try it and the main face of my watch still only says “forecast bar” and lots of lines. Please update to get around this issue because everything else about the app I love but I won’t be able to continue using it if I have to power off and restart my watch every time I get done charging it which honestly sometimes doesn’t even fix it. Will Change to 5 stars if fixed”
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the feedback--please give our latest update a try, it should improve this!
Highly customizable, clean interface, accurate data
Key points; highly customizable, accurate data, great customer service from devs. Great app.
I love this app because it can be tailored to suit your own taste. The interface is clean in general, and you can add or remove fields on information if you want more or less to be visible from a glance. I think this app is worth the subscription, though many people want everything for free. Most weather apps have a boring or gaudy UI, are somewhat accurate, and have ads, with an option to pay to remove ads... that’s all.
ForecastBar has served me perfectly. I’ve used Accuweather, The Weather Channel app, and the Apple Weather app, among others. Forecast Bar beats them all hands-down.
The developers even went above and beyond for me with a recent update: I have my version of the app customized to avoid affecting my night vision (light discipline. red text on black) but a prior update made the phone go bright white while loading, which defeated my purposes. I emailed the developers, and they made the screen go black on startup instead of white. Problem solved, and most other people probably didn’t realize, or necessarily care, but it made a huge difference for me.
Forecast Bar has never given me much of a reason to complain. Even when I did have an issue, though minor, it was fixed within days. Definitely a satisfied customer!
Nice app with (affordable) personal weather station support
A good app with a great feature, support for Netatmo personal weather stations. Most of my daily weather and forecast data come from a weather service, but my Netatmo station is far more accurate about what temperature it actually is at my house. Forecast uses my station to “override” the current temp, giving me the best of both worlds.
Even more important was the terrific support the Forecast team gave me when I had trouble figuring out how to configure my station. The user interface for that _could_ use a little work (or better, easier to find doc), but I received multiple personal responses to my questions until I had it figured out.
Responsive support is rare these days, and a treasure. Very happy with this app, and the team behind it.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Higher Bar, LLC
- 181.1 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Higher Bar, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Silver Subscription (iOS Only) $7.99
- Bronze Subscription (iOS Only) $2.99
- Gold Subscription (iOS Only) $14.99
- Bronze Subscription (1 Month) $0.49
- Silver Subscription (1 Month) $0.99
- Gold Family Subscription $29.99
- Silver Family Subscription $19.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.