Forecast Bar - Weather + Radar 4+
Accurate and Customizable
Higher Bar, LLC
- Offers In-App Purchases
*** Featured by Apple, Lifehacker, Macworld and Cult of Mac! ***
Forecast Bar offers hyper accurate, hyper local live weather and forecasts right at your fingertips, and is customizable to fit your needs. With 12+ Home Screen and Lock Screen Widgets, including a multi-city widget to see weather in up to 4 locations at once.
Forecast Bar includes a beautiful and powerful Apple Watch App with 100+ customizable complications, including hourly and daily visual forecasts, Graphs to visualize several different data points, or a Custom Modular with 3 customizable lines. The Watch app is fully customizable, with 3 custom data points you can add, a customizable hourly data point. You can also customize your backgrounds with several options including using your own images, as well as custom font and font size throughout the app.
Forecast Bar AI allows you to ask questions about the day's weather using the same technology powering ChatGPT!
== Stay Informed with Push Notifications ==
- Personalized daily weather reports for any location, at any time you wish
- Push notifications for severe weather alerts in the United States
- Precipitation alerts sent reliably from our servers (Gold only)
- Custom notifications and alerts! You can configure 14 different data points to look out for what matters to you. For example, get notified in the morning when wind during the day will rise above a certain speed, or if temperatures overnight will drop below freezing. (Gold only)
- Beautiful Sunset alerts that give you a heads up when a stunning sunset (or sunrise!) is heading your way. Get your cameras ready! (Gold only)
- Get notified when earthquakes hit near you! (Gold only)
== Weather at a glance, or in depth ==
- Quickly check the current conditions or forecast for 14 days at a glance, including a succinct summary
- Tap on any day’s forecast to see an hour-by-hour breakdown
- Gorgeous animated weather backgrounds
- Apple Weather provided minute-by-minute rain forecasts
- Tap again to see rich, interactive charts of even more details like dew point, pressure, visibility, UV index and more
- Choose between a compact and highly visual view for weather at up to 8 locations at a time
- Animated weather radar in the United States, Europe and Australia, including future radar forecasts, as well as 10+ other powerful visualizations
- Forecast Bar supports iPad multitasking in Slide Over and Split Screen
All subscriptions to Forecast Bar include a free 7 day trial
Subscriptions will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. They will automatically renew at the end of your subscription period unless canceled at least 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period.
- Added ability to dismiss all tutorial cards
- Added ability to dismiss severe alerts
- Added option to display severe alerts in the toolbar rather than main screen (Settings > General)
- Added ability to swipe cards on main screen to dismiss
- Added a new Compact side list style to show more locations (Settings > Appearance)
- Added option in Home Screen widgets to change overlay opacity
- Fix for widget not displaying properly
- Fix for invalid metric units in some cases (cm vs. mm)
- Updated to new radar icon for clarity
- Fixed an issue where visibility charts in metric units were inaccurate
- Fixed a crash in reverse geocoding
- Fixed an issue where black and white icon sets would show colored data point icons
- Fixed an issue where the Watch app loses it's subscription on occasion
- Now powered by ChatGPT! Set any question to ChatGPT about the weather to automatically appear for each forecast!
- Improved way to set background styles
- Added a variety of icon packs
- Added a compact daily forecast style that is entirely customizable
- Added ability to show or hide icons in the timeline view
- Added precipitation chance to temperature graphs
- Improved efficiency with location updates.
- Added several new background styles including custom color, custom animated gradients, images, black & white, and the ability to use your own image.
- Added ability to customize font and font size throughout the app.
- Added ability to change forecast summary language in over 60 languages.
- Added option to select a location to load by default when opening app.
- Added 'Feels Like' as an option in Timeline customization.
- Added ability to set a custom radar URL to load instead of the built-in radar.
- Improved support for Apple Watch Ultra.
Forecast Bar has been entirely rewritten to be faster, better and more powerful! Here are some highlights and new capabilities:
- Forecast Bar AI allows you to ask any question about the day's weather--from the practical to the ridiculous
- Fully customizable detailed forecast views
- Interactive charts to view and compare many data points across the full forecast
- Gorgeous animated weather backgrounds
We'll be continuing to update Forecast Bar to add more and more powerful capabilities. Let us know what you'd like to see at email@example.com!
Ratings and Reviews
Best Weather App Yet!
I was a long time user of another app that decided to mess up a good thing a couple of years ago and completely change their UI and UX, and offer no support when queried, which lost them this customer. Since then, I’ve been looking for a new app. I work in public safety, and it’s beyond being a weather geek that I know what the weather is somewhere in my jurisdiction, and what it is predicted to do. And I like to use my watch to do it. (I never said I wasn’t a weather geek...). After two years of looking for something that updated reliably and proved to be accurate, with a customizable UI so that I’m looking at data that is relevant to me, I found it. Forecast Bar.
As far as support - I’ve emailed Derek and Jason a few times with questions about how to do something, or since the latest UI and UX update, suggestions or requests going forward to make it more of what *I* want (self serving, I know) and have received responses within minutes - and from a real person, not a bot. Better yet, they e incorporated a couple of the suggestions!
If you’re looking for an all’s round great weather app, spend the money, get Forecast Bar - you will not be disappointed.
Updated review. Watch app still unreliable
Had updated my review because I started using the watch complications again due to the developer giving a response to my review saying that a recent update had fixed the issue. I updated my review too soon because I am having the same issue again. Back to the normal weather for my watch
Original review: “Love all the customization his app lets you do and I’ve decided it’s my favorite looking weather app and I’d love to use it for along time. With that being said every 2 or so days when I remove my Apple Watch for charging and then put it back on the watch can’t receive anything from the app..? But then when I click the empty bars it makes on my watch face under “fore cast bar” it will try to open the app for about 3-5 seconds and crash no matter how many times I try it and the main face of my watch still only says “forecast bar” and lots of lines. Please update to get around this issue because everything else about the app I love but I won’t be able to continue using it if I have to power off and restart my watch every time I get done charging it which honestly sometimes doesn’t even fix it. Will Change to 5 stars if fixed”
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the feedback--please give our latest update a try, it should improve this!
The most accurate
I have used this app for over a year and absolutely satisfied it rarely is wrong. Better than a app at local tv stations. I have used app for a year now and I don’t like the change right now maybe later if I don’t change my mind I might delete and go to another weather app. N I have had the updated app a couple days. It won’t let me put my actual location permanently. Keeps going to whatever location is at the top of location screen in settings which is wrong and it needs to be eliminated and only what the user puts in like the old app did. Also needs too have the background color preferences put back instead of light gray or dark gray !!!!!!!
Update on the above post.
The developer has already made some much needed improvements. The issues I mentioned have been for the most part fixed and the app is now working much better than before. I am going to recommend keeping it now because the problem’s that I mentioned that gave information seep about weather conditions are more accurate to location i’m in. Thanks developer for your help.
Developer Response ,
We're sorry to hear this! We just released an update today (just 2 days after the rewrite) which adds back a ton of customization and options, and we'd love to hear what you think. Please reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org with suggestions--we're listening and actively making changes!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Higher Bar, LLC
- 144.9 MB
- Requires iOS 16.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 16.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 16.1 or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2023 Higher Bar, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Silver Subscription (iOS Only) $7.99
- Bronze Subscription (iOS Only) $5.99
- Gold Subscription (iOS Only) $14.99
- Bronze Subscription (1 Month) $0.49
- Silver Subscription (1 Month) $0.99
- Gold Family Subscription $29.99
- Silver Family Subscription $19.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.