*** Best New App by Apple *** Top Rated Mac App by Macworld *** Featured by Lifehacker ***
Forecast Bar offers hyper accurate, hyper local live weather and forecasts right in your menu bar or as a dock app. With your choice of The Weather Company or Dark Sky, always have the most accurate weather data. Keep your locations and settings in sync across your devices. Custom icon and background packs allow you to customize the look and feel to suit your style.
Opening Forecast Bar displays a gorgeous resizable panel full of relevant weather information, including:
- Current conditions, with current, feels like, high, and low temperatures, cloud conditions, as well as relative humidity, air quality and pollen counts
- A succinct description, available in over 40 languages, of the weather for the next hour, and next 24 hours
- Create a customized weather summary to use in the app and widget which can contain any combination of 20 data points with everything from wind speeds to location of the nearest storm!
- When precipitation is detected in the next 7 hours, a chart showing rain/snow intensity
- 14 day forecast, with high and low temperatures and weather conditions
- Stunning icons for each weather condition (plus additional downloadable icon packs)
- A gorgeous image matching the weather conditions (which can be dimmed or hidden entirely, from either built-in or downloadable sources)
- Full description of all local NWS severe weather alerts (U.S. only), including Notification Center support
- Animated radar and satellite imagery
- View current temperature and weather conditions at up to 8 locations at once (Premium)
- Select a nearby Personal Weather Station for even more hyper-local weather including Netatmo weather stations (Premium)
Clicking again on the current conditions displays an animated panel with additional information, including:
- Current wind conditions with an animated compass
- Dew point and humidity readings, with a "mugginess" animated gauge
- Pressure indicator with trend information
- Sunrise and sunset times for the day
- Moon phase
- Visibility reading
- UV Index
You can click on any day's forecast to see a full 24 hour temperature, precipitation, wind, humidity and UV index chart, along with an hour-by-hour sky condition chart.
Forecast Bar automatically determines your location to provide hyper-local weather data. In addition, you can store unlimited favorited locations, and switch between them easily using keyboard shortcuts.
Forecast Bar supports Dark Sky’s Time Machine. Time Machine lets you check the weather conditions at a given time, in the past 70 years or the next 70 years.
Forecast Bar offers full support for light and dark menu bar modes, and carefully conserves your computer's power. You can even fully customize what shows in your menu bar or dock on your dock badge. Assign a global keyboard shortcut to show Forecast Bar any time! Even more, there is a Today widget you can use in your Notification Center.
*** Includes a 7-day trial of automatic updates subscription including Premium features ***
Subscriptions will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. They will automatically renew at the end of your subscription period (either monthly or annually) unless canceled at least 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. You can manage your subscriptions or turn of auto-renewal at any time from your iTunes account settings. Cancellation of the current active subscription period is not allowed.
Terms of Service: http://bit.ly/fbtermsofuse
Bug Fixes and Performance Enhancements
Ratings and Reviews
I've tried several of the weather-in-a -menu apps and so far this one is my favorite (although I may try others if this one keeps using ~50% of CPU which it has been doing for about half an hour). Compare to the relative paucity of info (without launching a website) of the once-venerable Weather Bug, Forecast Bar has a massive amount of info quickly accessible.
Since I don't need updating of weather during the day, I don't need much so the subscription to more frequent weather updates isn't interesting to me, but it could be for others, and picking 10 or 15 minute or hourly updates, and by monthly or yearly ranges could be interesting to others who travel or spend lots of time outdoors.
I wish that the Launch on Startup feature were working, not sure why it doesn't. Premium feature?
Design, Options, Operation - The Weather Forecast Your Way!
Whether clicking from the dock, or the menu bar’s numerical temperature value, Forecast Bar opens into a beautifully-designed, two-panel weather display. The upper panel shows numerical high & low temps, while the (optional) lower panel graphs an 8-hour forecast. Upper and lower panels are both aesthetically and informationally customizable. Click anywhere on the upper panel to add an adjoining window of data point tiles. Drag to rearrange: Cloud Cover, Humidity, UV Index, Visibility, Wind Speed, Wind Chill, Sunrise, Sunset, Moonrise, Moonset, Moon Phase, Dew Point, Pressure, and Heat Index. Click anywhere on the lower panel to graph an adjoining 17-hour forecast, which includes: Precipitation, Wind, Humidity, and UV Index. There’s an array of behind-the-scenes options: multiple locations, weather data source, language, dark mode, background, graphing style, text color, icons, severe-weather notifications, and more. Forecast Bar is a subscription-based weather app. There are a variety of plans that are based on an automatic data-update rate. See ‘In-App Purchases’ for details. A data-update button in the app can additionally be used to manually update weather data. I give Forecast Bar a perfect “5” for: outstanding informational design, variety of custom options, ease of operation. Have a question, maybe an idea for the app, email the development team of two. They do respond!
--Jeff - Clovis CA
Was (PAST TENSE) a GRAT app. Now, I’m looking for anther app.
I’ve been usig Foreast Bar on my Mac, iPhone and apple watch for years and it has been the best weather app. Very reliable. I still use the app on my iPhone and on my watch, but the Mac app is useless (I’ve switched to Carrot weather). The app on the menu bar used to show the weather conditions and the current temperature. Now, It only shows an icon that isn’t even accurate. At my current location we will be currently experiencing heavy thunderstorms, yet the icon shows cloudy. In order to get the accurate weather I have to open the app. The reason that I loved Forecast Bar was beacuse I could see the current weather while I could continue to work on my laptop. Now, if I want to see the weather conditions I have to stop what I’m doing and open the full app.
What’s the point of having aything that doesn’t work taking space on my menu bar. I’ve deleted the app app and installed Carrot Weather which does what Forecast Bar used to do.
My ipHone/watch app expires next month and I’m currently looking for a reliable app that works on all three. If I find that app and Forecast Bar does not fix the Mac glithch by then I will not renew my Phone/watch app and I’ll switch to theother app. I hope that Forecast Bar developers read the reviews and fix this issue because I really like Forecast Bar, but I won’t pay for something that doesn’t work.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for reaching out. With our latest update we included world-class weather from The Weather Company, which uses IBMs Watson to power forecasts with data from personal weather stations across the globe. We'd encourage you to give it another try!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Higher Bar, LLC
- 48 MB
- Requires macOS 10.12 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Higher Bar, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- 1 Year 15min Updates (Premium) $9.99
- One Year of 15 Minute Updates $7.99
- One Year of 1 Hour Background $4.99
- 1 Year 10min Updates (Premium) $14.99
- 1 Year 60min Updates (Premium) $7.99
- One Year of 10min Updates $11.99
- One Year of 15min Background Updates $6.99
- One Month of 15 Minute Updates $1.49
- One Year of 10min Background Updates $9.99
- One Month of 60min Updates $0.99