*** Best New App by Apple *** Top Rated Mac App by Macworld *** Featured by Lifehacker ***
Forecast Bar offers hyper accurate, hyper local live weather and forecasts right in your menu bar or as a dock app. With your choice of The Weather Company or Dark Sky, always have the most accurate weather data. Keep your locations and settings in sync across your devices. Custom icon and background packs allow you to customize the look and feel to suit your style.
Opening Forecast Bar displays a gorgeous resizable panel full of relevant weather information, including:
- Current conditions, with current, feels like, high, and low temperatures, cloud conditions, as well as relative humidity, air quality and pollen counts
- A succinct description, available in over 40 languages, of the weather for the next hour, and next 24 hours
- Create a customized weather summary to use in the app and widget which can contain any combination of 20 data points with everything from wind speeds to location of the nearest storm!
- When precipitation is detected in the next 7 hours, a chart showing rain/snow intensity
- 14 day forecast, with high and low temperatures and weather conditions
- Stunning icons for each weather condition (plus additional downloadable icon packs)
- A gorgeous image matching the weather conditions (which can be dimmed or hidden entirely, from either built-in or downloadable sources)
- Full description of all local NWS severe weather alerts (U.S. only), including Notification Center support
- Animated radar and satellite imagery
- View current temperature and weather conditions at up to 8 locations at once (Premium)
- Select a nearby Personal Weather Station for even more hyper-local weather including Netatmo weather stations (Premium)
Clicking again on the current conditions displays an animated panel with additional information, including:
- Current wind conditions with an animated compass
- Dew point and humidity readings, with a "mugginess" animated gauge
- Pressure indicator with trend information
- Sunrise and sunset times for the day
- Moon phase
- Visibility reading
- UV Index
You can click on any day's forecast to see a full 24 hour temperature, precipitation, wind, humidity and UV index chart, along with an hour-by-hour sky condition chart.
Forecast Bar automatically determines your location to provide hyper-local weather data. In addition, you can store unlimited favorited locations, and switch between them easily using keyboard shortcuts.
Forecast Bar supports Dark Sky’s Time Machine. Time Machine lets you check the weather conditions at a given time, in the past 70 years or the next 70 years.
Forecast Bar offers full support for light and dark menu bar modes, and carefully conserves your computer's power. You can even fully customize what shows in your menu bar or dock on your dock badge. Assign a global keyboard shortcut to show Forecast Bar any time! Even more, there is a Today widget you can use in your Notification Center.
*** Includes a 7-day trial of automatic updates subscription including Premium features ***
Subscriptions will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. They will automatically renew at the end of your subscription period (either monthly or annually) unless canceled at least 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. You can manage your subscriptions or turn of auto-renewal at any time from your iTunes account settings. Cancellation of the current active subscription period is not allowed.
Terms of Service: http://bit.ly/fbtermsofuse
- Perfecting a few things for macOS Big Sur
- Fix for crash while changing locations on macOS Big Sur
- Fix for incorrect pressure values
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Pay For A Menubar Weather App? You Bet!
I have tried pretty much every menubar weather app on the market since the first one (Meteoroligist, I think) made its debut. I really like havign weather info in the menu bar. This is almost a standard feature on Linux systems, but Apple never found a reason to include one.
So, enter Forecast Bar. It's well-crafted, attractive, and light on resources. At first I balked at paying for something I've been getting for nothing for years, but I quickly learned that its options and features put it head and shoulders above the rest. And for the most part, it works (I was in Europe recently, and I had to "convince" it my location was accurate).
A cup of coffee costs more than a year of clean, accurate weather forecasts, and for me, that's a good price!
Was (PAST TENSE) a GRAT app. Now, I’m looking for anther app.
I’ve been usig Foreast Bar on my Mac, iPhone and apple watch for years and it has been the best weather app. Very reliable. I still use the app on my iPhone and on my watch, but the Mac app is useless (I’ve switched to Carrot weather). The app on the menu bar used to show the weather conditions and the current temperature. Now, It only shows an icon that isn’t even accurate. At my current location we will be currently experiencing heavy thunderstorms, yet the icon shows cloudy. In order to get the accurate weather I have to open the app. The reason that I loved Forecast Bar was beacuse I could see the current weather while I could continue to work on my laptop. Now, if I want to see the weather conditions I have to stop what I’m doing and open the full app.
What’s the point of having aything that doesn’t work taking space on my menu bar. I’ve deleted the app app and installed Carrot Weather which does what Forecast Bar used to do.
My ipHone/watch app expires next month and I’m currently looking for a reliable app that works on all three. If I find that app and Forecast Bar does not fix the Mac glithch by then I will not renew my Phone/watch app and I’ll switch to theother app. I hope that Forecast Bar developers read the reviews and fix this issue because I really like Forecast Bar, but I won’t pay for something that doesn’t work.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for reaching out. With our latest update we included world-class weather from The Weather Company, which uses IBMs Watson to power forecasts with data from personal weather stations across the globe. We'd encourage you to give it another try!
I'm in meteorology and I am highly impressed with this weather app. I'm a big skeptic of weather apps but this one has many features that might be overlooked by the average weather app user. When I heard of this app I did what a meteorologist does and looked up where they get their weather information. Forecast Bar uses two different weather data sources, and the cooliest part is they let you pick the data source in the settings. The cost for the upgraded services is far cheaper than the weather apps I currently use for radar. And this app provides radar with so much more useful tools, such as air quality, which isn't offered on weather apps I've paid $50 for a year subscription. This app is a great value for the amount of functions it provides, and great as a free weather app for the less weather enthused user. I highly recommend you check it out, the weather forecasts are aesthetically pleasing and can be changed to different styles.
- Higher Bar, LLC
- 43 MB
OS X 10.11 or later, 64-bit processor
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Higher Bar, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- One Year of 15 Minute Updates $7.99
- 1 Year 15min Updates (Premium) $9.99
- One Year of 1 Hour Background $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.