Download for a 30-day free trial. ForeFlight is the essential, integrated flight app that makes planning, flying, and logging flights a joy.
ForeFlight delivers advanced flight planning capabilities, terminal procedure charts, enroute navigation charts, moving map, synthetic vision, hazard awareness, optional Jeppesen charts, a comprehensive library of market-leading weather information and visualization features, a large library of advanced aircraft performance profiles, customizable checklists, integration with a wide range of certified avionics and portable ADS-B and GPS receivers for inflight weather and data, a built-in documents catalog and cloud document capability for management of aircraft and flight operations publications, an easy-to-use pilot logbook for keeping track of flight experience, and so much more. ForeFlight is backed by our Pilot Support Team who delivers amazingly fast, accurate, and friendly customer service.
Please note: Location is used to enable a moving map and to record track logs, the camera is used to attach photos to logbook, push notifications are used for important bulletins and flight alerts, and contacts are used to add people to flights.
ForeFlight requires a subscription. Visit our website for more information on the available plan levels.
FLIGHT PLANNING, BRIEFING, & FILING
Plan flights with Touch Planning on the Map or full-featured form-based Flights view. Tap out a route in seconds and quickly see if flights will be affected by weather or TFRs. Helpful Route, Altitude, and Procedure Advisors make planning easy and accurate. Generate a graphical preflight briefing and file your flight plan directly from the app. Print a professional-grade Navlog for inflight reference.
Interactive weather layers include animated radar, global satellite and winds aloft, global icing, turbulence, and surface analysis, graphical AIR/SIGMETs, flight category, visibility, and more. View decoded METARs, TAFs, and MOS forecasts. Thoughtfully organized Imagery view puts a full range of forecast tools at your fingertips.
PLATES, CHARTS, & MAPS
Both VFR and IFR operations are covered with all of the essentials required for planning and navigation: data-driven Aeronautical Maps, VFR Sectionals, High/Low Enroute charts, SIDs, STARs, approach and taxi charts, and terrain, satellite, and street map views.
GEO-REFERENCED APPROACHES & TAXI CHARTS
Plates and taxi charts enable the real time display of your GPS location on the chart. They can also be overlaid on the Maps view along with weather and hazards for the ultimate situational awareness.
GLOBAL HAZARD AWARENESS TECHNOLOGY
Plan and fly with more confidence in all conditions and terrain. Top-down-view Hazard Advisor map layer, Terrain Profile View, and 3D Synthetic Vision seamlessly integrate into the map display to depict a clear picture of terrain and obstacle hazards anywhere in the world. When paired with an AHRS source, Synthetic Vision provides a backup attitude display.
Logbook makes it easy to log and share flights, track hours, review currency, record certificates and ratings, receive electronic instructor endorsements, and create experience reports. Your data is automatically synced across all your devices and protected in secure cloud storage.
ADDITIONAL FEATURES INCLUDE:
Built-in documents catalog with FAR/AIM, charts supplements, and more
Airport, FBO, and fuel price information for thousands of locations
Dynamic data-driven Aeronautical Maps
Weight & Balance
Expected route and EDCT flight notifications
Automatic over-the-air data updates
Chart color inversion for better night flying experience
Access to web planner
Flying Magazine Editor's Choice 2012, 2013, 2014, 2017
App of the Year, Aviation Consumer, July 2011
Best Selling iPad Aviation App: 2010, 2011, 2012
"Best app for IFR" - Aviation Consumer
"One of the most popular and most-respected aviation apps available" - Sporty's Pilot Shop
• Easily insert a holding pattern anywhere in your route with flexible parameters and automatic pattern entry selection.
• Access Hold Advisor from within Procedure Advisor to insert a hold just before your destination airport, or tap on any waypoint in your route or elsewhere on the map to add a hold at that location.
• Hold Advisor provides parameters for inbound or outbound legs, the pattern’s length (defined by either time or distance), left or right turns, and optional altitude, speed, and EFC settings.
• After adding the holding pattern to your route you can tap its bubble in the FPL Editor to make additional changes to it.
• ForeFlight does not yet support sending holding patterns to connected avionics via Flight Plan Transfer.
• Hold Advisor is included in Pro Plus subscriptions and above.
• Quickly find, select, and display the appropriate minimums for an approach to supplement the approach plate and reduce the risk of errors.
• After selecting an approach and transition in Procedure Advisor the Minimum section appears below, with fields for Aircraft Approach Category and Equipment Status, where you can specify if any of the airport’s approach systems like ALS or RAIL are inoperative.
• Using this information and high-quality Jeppesen procedure data, ForeFlight will display the relevant minimums for each approach type that may be used for the approach, along with any applicable restriction notes for each. Tap any of the available minimums to display them on the approach preview on the right.
• Augmented Procedures™ expands on the existing Custom Minimum field, which is still available if you wish to define a more conservative custom altitude manually. In both cases the altitude will be displayed directly on the map with a magenta marker at the missed approach point.
• After inserting the approach into your route, tap its bubble in the FPL Editor and tap Change Minimum to reopen the same menu and select a different minimum or update the Aircraft Category and/or Equipment Status.
• Augmented Procedures™ is included in Performance Plus and Business Performance subscription plans.
Runway Analysis: New Aircraft
• ForeFlight’s advanced Runway and Obstacle Analysis capability for jets now supports Bombardier’s Global 5000, Global Express, Global XRS, Learjet 60XR, and Learjet 70; Gulfstream’s GVII-G500; and Embraer’s Phenom 300.
• Runway Analysis is available for a growing list of aircraft types as an add-on to ForeFlight Performance subscription plans.
Runway Analysis: EOP Visualization
• Preview the ground tracks of available engine-out procedures (EOPs) in Runway Analysis along with their textual instructions for enhanced visualization while flight planning.
• Tap the EOP line in the Takeoff Analysis page to open the EOP selector, which lists the available EOPs below a map centered on the departure airport.
• Tap on an EOP in the list to highlight it in blue on the map, while other unselected EOPs are colored gray.
• Not all EOPs support visualization, including VOR-based EOPs from Jeppesen, although these are still displayed in the list below the map with their textual instructions.
• Engine Out Procedures are a critical component of ForeFlight Runway Analysis, which is available as an add-on to ForeFlight Performance subscription plans.
Military Flight Bag: Select Multiple MTR Types
• Government and military pilots flying with ForeFlight Military Flight Bag can now view multiple types of Military Training Routes on the map at once, choosing any combination of Instrument, Visual, and Slow Routes to better support mission requirements.
• With the Aeronautical Map enabled, open the Map Settings menu and tap Military Training Routes to select the type(s) of MTR to display on the map.
• In addition to simply viewing MTRs, you can tap on them to view detailed information, add them to your route, and file them as part of a DD-1801 or ICAO flight plan.
Ratings and Reviews
Foreflight: Essential and best value in all of aviation!
FF is easily the best app for aviation. I have all others, and they are not bad, some even good (eg GP), but I will not leave home without FF. Connecting to various Garmin devices now makes it a great in flight manager as well. I am glad that emphasis is placed on pre-flight management in this update. While flying multiple aircraft in various conditions, different performances, loads, settings, it is all adjusted on the fly through a pilot centered, intuitive interface. This makes keeping track of all data pertinent to a flight, as well as briefing, filing and tracking the flight as easy as can be. As an app goes, it is not cheap like a 2.99 game, but as an essential, reliable tool it is the cheapest utility around in all of aviation. In a world where we measure things in AMU’s, this app and it’s subscription fees are nothing to cry about, and in my opinion the subscription fee is the least I can contribute to keep this ForeFlight team eager to improve and grow.
My only concern is not related to FF, but more related to the iPad and its very short life cycle before obsolescence. I am already concerned about what will happen when iPads cease to exist. For now, i am including a new iPad every other year to the price of doing business.
We use this daily!
We fly 12 to 18 hours per week with ForeFlight and Stratus 2. ForeFlight has come along way since it’s introduction with synthetic vision, excellent integration with Stratus and so much more. I did get concerned with the previous version as we started having multiple crashes on two different newer iPads daily. We do load multiple waypoint and it seemed like that might have been a factor? I always make sure my iPad has plenty of open SSD space and the newer iPads have 2GB or more RAM, so I wonder if the software rolled out too fast? We’re also very careful about not updating the OS until the all clear is given. I just hope ForeFlight’s team slows down a little on all the bells and whistles. It’s much more crucial for the product to work flawlessly versus having 3D views of airports / etc. All in all ForeFlight is the BEST aviation App on the market and their team is obviously awesome at coding. My concerns and comments here about previous crashes are only because we’re addicted to ForeFlight and never want to see it burdened with issues. The new version seems to be more stable with only the rare crash. It does open back up in seconds right were you left off. Keep up the good work. Thanks ForeFlight!
Developer Response ,
Hello IFR-Pilot. Thank you for the feedback! Would you please send an email to our Support team at email@example.com? We would like to troubleshoot this issue with you.
Early in my flying career, shortly after my first solo but before my ppl check ride I was saved by Foreflight. Flying solo, I was out practicing maneuvers and not paying any attention to the weather that was coming in behind me, and covering the airport I was to return to. When it was time to come back I pointed the nose toward my home base and before I really knew what I had done, I flew vfr into imc. No where near instrument rated I was truly lost in a sea of white. Thankfully I had Foreflight on my iPad with synthetic vision and the stratus 2 feeding attitude information. I transitioned to flying the plane like a video game watching that screen. I was able to keep the plane under control and maneuver though and out of the imc to and alternate airport and land safely. It was an absolutely terrifying event for me. I truly believe the outcome would not have been even close to this had Foreflight not been in the cockpit with me. For this I am truly thankful and fly with Foreflight on every flight. Through the years Foreflight has only increased its capabilities and has never let me down. I recommend it to everyone who flies. Thanks for a great product and saving my life.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- ForeFlight, LLC
- 325.1 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, French, German
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2021 ForeFlight LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Basic Plus US - 1 Year $99.99
- Pro Plus US - 1 Year $199.99
- Basic Plus US - 3 months $49.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.