Download for a 30-day free trial. ForeFlight is the essential, integrated flight app that makes planning, flying, and logging flights a joy.
ForeFlight delivers advanced flight planning capabilities, terminal procedure charts, enroute navigation charts, moving map, synthetic vision, hazard awareness, optional Jeppesen charts, a comprehensive library of market-leading weather information and visualization features, a large library of advanced aircraft performance profiles, customizable checklists, integration with a wide range of certified avionics and portable ADS-B and GPS receivers for inflight weather and data, a built-in documents catalog and cloud document capability for management of aircraft and flight operations publications, an easy-to-use pilot logbook for keeping track of flight experience, and so much more. ForeFlight is backed by our Pilot Support Team who delivers amazingly fast, accurate, and friendly customer service.
Please note: Location is used to enable a moving map and to record track logs, the camera is used to attach photos to logbook, push notifications are used for important bulletins and flight alerts, and contacts are used to add people to flights.
ForeFlight requires a subscription. Visit our website for more information on the available plan levels.
FLIGHT PLANNING, BRIEFING, & FILING
Plan flights with Touch Planning on the Map or full-featured form-based Flights view. Tap out a route in seconds and quickly see if flights will be affected by weather or TFRs. Helpful Route, Altitude, and Procedure Advisors make planning easy and accurate. Generate a graphical preflight briefing and file your flight plan directly from the app. Print a professional-grade Navlog for inflight reference.
Interactive weather layers include animated radar, global satellite and winds aloft, global icing, turbulence, and surface analysis, graphical AIR/SIGMETs, flight category, visibility, and more. View decoded METARs, TAFs, and MOS forecasts. Thoughtfully organized Imagery view puts a full range of forecast tools at your fingertips.
PLATES, CHARTS, & MAPS
Both VFR and IFR operations are covered with all of the essentials required for planning and navigation: data-driven Aeronautical Maps, VFR Sectionals, High/Low Enroute charts, SIDs, STARs, approach and taxi charts, and terrain, satellite, and street map views.
GEO-REFERENCED APPROACHES & TAXI CHARTS
Plates and taxi charts enable the real time display of your GPS location on the chart. They can also be overlaid on the Maps view along with weather and hazards for the ultimate situational awareness.
GLOBAL HAZARD AWARENESS TECHNOLOGY
Plan and fly with more confidence in all conditions and terrain. Top-down-view Hazard Advisor map layer, Terrain Profile View, and 3D Synthetic Vision seamlessly integrate into the map display to depict a clear picture of terrain and obstacle hazards anywhere in the world. When paired with an AHRS source, Synthetic Vision provides a backup attitude display.
Logbook makes it easy to log and share flights, track hours, review currency, record certificates and ratings, receive electronic instructor endorsements, and create experience reports. Your data is automatically synced across all your devices and protected in secure cloud storage.
ADDITIONAL FEATURES INCLUDE:
Built-in documents catalog with FAR/AIM, charts supplements, and more
Airport, FBO, and fuel price information for thousands of locations
Dynamic data-driven Aeronautical Maps
Weight & Balance
Expected route and EDCT flight notifications
Automatic over-the-air data updates
Chart color inversion for better night flying experience
Access to web planner
Flying Magazine Editor's Choice 2012, 2013, 2014, 2017
App of the Year, Aviation Consumer, July 2011
Best Selling iPad Aviation App: 2010, 2011, 2012
"Best app for IFR" - Aviation Consumer
"One of the most popular and most-respected aviation apps available" - Sporty's Pilot Shop
Weather in Profile View
• Enhance your route planning with a cross-sectional view of icing and turbulence forecasts displayed in Profile View.
• Tap the new Layer Selector in the lower-left of the Profile window to choose between US or Global Icing and Turbulence layers like on the overhead map. You can enable one Icing layer and one Turbulence layer at a time, and also toggle the display of airspace in Profile.
• Profile View uses the same color scales as the overhead map to depict varying intensities for each layer at multiple altitudes in relation to your route line.
• ForeFlight uses your planned departure and enroute times to display weather over multiple forecast periods during which your flight will be active, providing a more accurate picture of changing conditions throughout your flight. If no forecast data is available for all or part of your route, Profile shows hatch lines to indicate the lack of data.
• Use the Ruler in conjunction with Profile View to “scan” along the map and see how weather for the current forecast period changes as you move the Ruler. Profile View has also been optimized to render these changes at a much higher framerate than before for smoother animations.
• ForeFlight will display Icing and Turbulence forecasts in Profile during a flight if you used Pack to download the data while connected to the internet. Profile does not support ADS-B Icing and Turbulence or other weather layers.
• Weather in Profile View is available with ForeFlight’s Performance Plus and Business Performance subscription plans.
• ForeFlight warns you if your iPad or iPhone is in danger of overheating with a prominent visual and audible alert, allowing you to take steps to cool the device and potentially avert a shutdown during a flight.
• The alert is triggered when ForeFlight detects that your device is dangerously hot and at risk of overheating and shutting down. However, your iPad or iPhone may still overheat and shut down before ForeFlight can display the alert.
• The alert will not sound more than once per hour, even if your device returns to a high temperature state after initially cooling down.
• You can disable these alerts in More > Settings > Alerts.
Additional Internet Traffic Details
• Tap on Internet Traffic targets to see details about their filed routes and more.
• When viewing Internet Traffic, tap on any aircraft marker to view a popup with information about it, including tail number or call sign, altitude, speed, aircraft type, and more.
• If an aircraft is using a call sign, the popup will show its expanded name in most cases.
• The popups for most aircraft on IFR flight plans also show the departure and destination airports and filed ETA, while many aircraft on VFR flights provide only the departure airport. Some traffic targets provide no route details.
• Internet Traffic targets with blocked tail numbers will not report any route or call sign information.
High Resolution Basemap Improvements
• ForeFlight’s High Resolution Basemap received some improvements to mountain peaks and passes.
• The Basemap identifies mountain peaks using a small triangle icon in place of the previous dot icon.
• Also, many additional U.S. mountain passes with associated elevations are now displayed on the Basemap.
• Enable the High Resolution Basemap in More > Downloads > Download Settings.
Y/Z Filing in Canada
• Customers flying in Canada can now file flight plans under Y or Z flight rules through ForeFlight.
• Since these flight rules both include VFR portions, certain fields in the flight plan form that are required for Canadian VFR flights are also required for Y and Z flights, including Undercarriage, ELT, Arrival Report, and more.
• Cross-border flights from Canada to the U.S. or to airspace delegated to the U.S. by Canada for ATC traffic purposes do not support Y/Z flight rules.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Foreflight: Essential and best value in all of aviation!
FF is easily the best app for aviation. I have all others, and they are not bad, some even good (eg GP), but I will not leave home without FF. Connecting to various Garmin devices now makes it a great in flight manager as well. I am glad that emphasis is placed on pre-flight management in this update. While flying multiple aircraft in various conditions, different performances, loads, settings, it is all adjusted on the fly through a pilot centered, intuitive interface. This makes keeping track of all data pertinent to a flight, as well as briefing, filing and tracking the flight as easy as can be. As an app goes, it is not cheap like a 2.99 game, but as an essential, reliable tool it is the cheapest utility around in all of aviation. In a world where we measure things in AMU’s, this app and it’s subscription fees are nothing to cry about, and in my opinion the subscription fee is the least I can contribute to keep this ForeFlight team eager to improve and grow.
My only concern is not related to FF, but more related to the iPad and its very short life cycle before obsolescence. I am already concerned about what will happen when iPads cease to exist. For now, i am including a new iPad every other year to the price of doing business.
We use this daily!
We fly 12 to 18 hours per week with ForeFlight and Stratus 2. ForeFlight has come along way since it’s introduction with synthetic vision, excellent integration with Stratus and so much more. I did get concerned with the previous version as we started having multiple crashes on two different newer iPads daily. We do load multiple waypoint and it seemed like that might have been a factor? I always make sure my iPad has plenty of open SSD space and the newer iPads have 2GB or more RAM, so I wonder if the software rolled out too fast? We’re also very careful about not updating the OS until the all clear is given. I just hope ForeFlight’s team slows down a little on all the bells and whistles. It’s much more crucial for the product to work flawlessly versus having 3D views of airports / etc. All in all ForeFlight is the BEST aviation App on the market and their team is obviously awesome at coding. My concerns and comments here about previous crashes are only because we’re addicted to ForeFlight and never want to see it burdened with issues. The new version seems to be more stable with only the rare crash. It does open back up in seconds right were you left off. Keep up the good work. Thanks ForeFlight!
Developer Response ,
Hello IFR-Pilot. Thank you for the feedback! Would you please send an email to our Support team at email@example.com? We would like to troubleshoot this issue with you.
Phenomenal app, superb - no, INSANE!! - Customer Support
Yesterday at 0915 hours I had a question about how to get something done within Foreflight since a fuel calculation did not seem to be working. AT 0919 HOURS I received a written e-mail response that fixed and correctly and completely addressed my issue (it was my own mistake all along).
This is THE example of an app that I use to highlight how an app should be built. TREMENDOUS thought on user interface and what the pilot/customer wants and needs, when, how, etc. Absolutely simply and perfectly superb app that keeps having more and more useful functionality added to it all the time. Dollar for dollar, this vies for the honor of, “best money spent on my aviation needs” award. And believe every single tiny thing you may have EVER heard about their customer service. You have never been exposed to any app software support that will even come close to this group.
Pilots writing software for pilots. I am a lifelong customer and fan. Way to go, ForeFlight. You just continue to hit these right out of the park time and time and time again!
- ForeFlight, LLC
- 308.2 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 ForeFlight LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Basic Plus US - 1 Year $99.99
- Pro Plus US - 1 Year $199.99
- Basic Plus US - 3 months $49.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.