ForeFlight Mobile EFB 4+
Intelligent Apps for Pilots
- Offers In-App Purchases
Download for a 30-day free trial. ForeFlight is the essential, integrated flight app that makes planning, flying, and logging flights a joy.
ForeFlight delivers advanced flight planning capabilities, terminal procedure charts, enroute navigation charts, moving map, synthetic vision, hazard awareness, optional Jeppesen charts, a comprehensive library of market-leading weather information and visualization features, a large library of advanced aircraft performance profiles, customizable checklists, integration with a wide range of certified avionics and portable ADS-B and GPS receivers for inflight weather and data, a built-in documents catalog and cloud document capability for management of aircraft and flight operations publications, an easy-to-use pilot logbook for keeping track of flight experience, and so much more. ForeFlight is backed by our Pilot Support Team who delivers amazingly fast, accurate, and friendly customer service.
Please note: Location is used to enable a moving map and to record track logs, the camera is used to attach photos to logbook, push notifications are used for important bulletins and flight alerts, and contacts are used to add people to flights.
ForeFlight requires a subscription. Visit our website for more information on the available plan levels.
FLIGHT PLANNING, BRIEFING, & FILING
Plan flights with Touch Planning on the Map or full-featured form-based Flights view. Tap out a route in seconds and quickly see if flights will be affected by weather or TFRs. Helpful Route, Altitude, and Procedure Advisors make planning easy and accurate. Generate a graphical preflight briefing and file your flight plan directly from the app. Print a professional-grade Navlog for inflight reference.
Interactive weather layers include animated radar, global satellite and winds aloft, global icing, turbulence, and surface analysis, graphical AIR/SIGMETs, flight category, visibility, and more. View decoded METARs, TAFs, and MOS forecasts. Thoughtfully organized Imagery view puts a full range of forecast tools at your fingertips.
PLATES, CHARTS, & MAPS
Both VFR and IFR operations are covered with all of the essentials required for planning and navigation: data-driven Aeronautical Maps, VFR Sectionals, High/Low Enroute charts, SIDs, STARs, approach and taxi charts, and terrain, satellite, and street map views.
GEO-REFERENCED APPROACHES & TAXI CHARTS
Plates and taxi charts enable the real time display of your GPS location on the chart. They can also be overlaid on the Maps view along with weather and hazards for the ultimate situational awareness.
GLOBAL HAZARD AWARENESS TECHNOLOGY
Plan and fly with more confidence in all conditions and terrain. Top-down-view Hazard Advisor map layer, Terrain Profile View, and 3D Synthetic Vision seamlessly integrate into the map display to depict a clear picture of terrain and obstacle hazards anywhere in the world. When paired with an AHRS source, Synthetic Vision provides a backup attitude display.
Logbook makes it easy to log and share flights, track hours, review currency, record certificates and ratings, receive electronic instructor endorsements, and create experience reports. Your data is automatically synced across all your devices and protected in secure cloud storage.
ADDITIONAL FEATURES INCLUDE:
Built-in documents catalog with FAR/AIM, charts supplements, and more
Airport, FBO, and fuel price information for thousands of locations
Dynamic data-driven Aeronautical Maps
Weight & Balance
Expected route and EDCT flight notifications
Automatic over-the-air data updates
Chart color inversion for better night flying experience
Access to web planner
Flying Magazine Editor's Choice 2012, 2013, 2014, 2017
App of the Year, Aviation Consumer, July 2011
Best Selling iPad Aviation App: 2010, 2011, 2012
"Best app for IFR" - Aviation Consumer
"One of the most popular and most-respected aviation apps available" - Sporty's Pilot Shop
• View and manage all your airport and FBO comments in one place in More > Comments.
• Add airport comments by tapping the Comments button while viewing an airport and tapping the + button, and add FBO comments by tapping the Add Comment button while viewing an FBO’s details.
• Leaving either page before submitting a comment will prompt you to save it as a draft.
• Visit More > Comments to see all your draft and submitted comments. Swipe from right to left on a comment to delete it.
• Tap into any draft comment to edit it further or submit it. Editing a published comment will return it to a draft state until it is resubmitted and approved.
• Submitted comments show as In Review prior to being approved or rejected by ForeFlight staff. If a comment is rejected, ForeFlight’s criteria for rejection are shown to help you understand why it was rejected.
Logbook: Enhanced Track Log Integration
• Link multiple track logs to a single Logbook entry to capture the entire flight and auto-suggest more accurate times and totals.
• Tap the Add/Change Track Logs button at the top of a Logbook entry to select one or more track logs to associate with it.
• The Logbook entry’s map combines all linked track logs into a single flight path, and you can highlight each individual track log using buttons in the bottom left of the map.
• Linking additional track logs to a draft Logbook entry will automatically update the time and distance values to reflect the combined totals, while linking more track logs to a published entry will update the USE buttons for times and distances, but will not automatically update the values.
3D Engine Out Procedures
• Familiarize yourself with an airport’s EOPs before takeoff using interactive 3D terrain and aerial imagery.
• While viewing the Runway Analysis Takeoff page or the list of Engine Out Procedures, tap the 3D View button next to any EOP to open it in 3D.
• Available as part of ForeFlight’s Runway Analysis add-on product for jet and multi-engine turboprop aircraft.
Bulk-Delete Track Logs
• Easily select and delete multiple unwanted track logs at once, with deletion warnings for track logs associated with Logbook entries.
• Visit More > Track Logs and tap the Select button at the top of the list, then tap on track logs to select them or tap Select All at the bottom.
• Tap Delete at the bottom and confirm to delete the selected track logs.
• If some of the selected track logs are associated with Logbook entries then the delete confirmation window provides an additional option to only delete the unassociated track logs.
Expanded Airport Operating Hours
• View more detailed operating hours for more airports globally, with time zones and custom remarks included.
• Access in Airports > Info > Operating Hours.
Canadian & South African VFR Points
• Pilots flying in Canada and South Africa can now view and plan with VFR checkpoints, call-up points, and other elements directly on the Aeronautical Map.
• You can optionally disable these using the VFR Aeronautical Details toggle in Map Settings.
Logbook Date Search
• Filter your list of Logbook entries or CFI endorsement records by date.
• The following date formats are supported: YYYY-MM-DD, YYYY.MM.DD, YYYY/MM/DD, or YYYYMMDD.
• You can also filter by month using any of these formats by omitting the final two digits.
New Runway Analysis Aircraft Support
• ForeFlight’s advanced Runway Analysis product for jets now supports the Learjet 36A and Premier 1/1A.
Ratings and Reviews
Foreflight: Essential and best value in all of aviation!
FF is easily the best app for aviation. I have all others, and they are not bad, some even good (eg GP), but I will not leave home without FF. Connecting to various Garmin devices now makes it a great in flight manager as well. I am glad that emphasis is placed on pre-flight management in this update. While flying multiple aircraft in various conditions, different performances, loads, settings, it is all adjusted on the fly through a pilot centered, intuitive interface. This makes keeping track of all data pertinent to a flight, as well as briefing, filing and tracking the flight as easy as can be. As an app goes, it is not cheap like a 2.99 game, but as an essential, reliable tool it is the cheapest utility around in all of aviation. In a world where we measure things in AMU’s, this app and it’s subscription fees are nothing to cry about, and in my opinion the subscription fee is the least I can contribute to keep this ForeFlight team eager to improve and grow.
My only concern is not related to FF, but more related to the iPad and its very short life cycle before obsolescence. I am already concerned about what will happen when iPads cease to exist. For now, i am including a new iPad every other year to the price of doing business.
We use this daily!
We fly 12 to 18 hours per week with ForeFlight and Stratus 2. ForeFlight has come along way since it’s introduction with synthetic vision, excellent integration with Stratus and so much more. I did get concerned with the previous version as we started having multiple crashes on two different newer iPads daily. We do load multiple waypoint and it seemed like that might have been a factor? I always make sure my iPad has plenty of open SSD space and the newer iPads have 2GB or more RAM, so I wonder if the software rolled out too fast? We’re also very careful about not updating the OS until the all clear is given. I just hope ForeFlight’s team slows down a little on all the bells and whistles. It’s much more crucial for the product to work flawlessly versus having 3D views of airports / etc. All in all ForeFlight is the BEST aviation App on the market and their team is obviously awesome at coding. My concerns and comments here about previous crashes are only because we’re addicted to ForeFlight and never want to see it burdened with issues. The new version seems to be more stable with only the rare crash. It does open back up in seconds right were you left off. Keep up the good work. Thanks ForeFlight!
Developer Response ,
Hello IFR-Pilot. Thank you for the feedback! Would you please send an email to our Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org? We would like to troubleshoot this issue with you.
Early in my flying career, shortly after my first solo but before my ppl check ride I was saved by Foreflight. Flying solo, I was out practicing maneuvers and not paying any attention to the weather that was coming in behind me, and covering the airport I was to return to. When it was time to come back I pointed the nose toward my home base and before I really knew what I had done, I flew vfr into imc. No where near instrument rated I was truly lost in a sea of white. Thankfully I had Foreflight on my iPad with synthetic vision and the stratus 2 feeding attitude information. I transitioned to flying the plane like a video game watching that screen. I was able to keep the plane under control and maneuver though and out of the imc to and alternate airport and land safely. It was an absolutely terrifying event for me. I truly believe the outcome would not have been even close to this had Foreflight not been in the cockpit with me. For this I am truly thankful and fly with Foreflight on every flight. Through the years Foreflight has only increased its capabilities and has never let me down. I recommend it to everyone who flies. Thanks for a great product and saving my life.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- ForeFlight, LLC
- 337.1 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
English, French, German
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2023 ForeFlight LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Basic Plus US - 1 Year $119.99
- Pro Plus US - 1 Year $239.99
- Basic Plus US - 3 months $59.99
- Performance Plus US - 1 Year $399.99
- Performance Plus US - 1 Year $399.99
- Basic Plus EUR - 1 Year $119.99
- Pro Plus CA - 1 Year $239.99
- Pro Plus EUR - 1 Year $239.99
- Basic Plus CA - 3 months $59.99
- Basic Plus CA - 1 Year $119.99