## Top productivity app in 136 countries. More than 2 million satisfied paying users. Featured in Apple's "Amazing Apps" TV commercial.
## Staying focused with the cutest gamified timer.
## Over 1,500,000 real trees were planted on Earth by our users.
"Forest works well, and if your goal is to be more in the moment, ignore your phone and actually talk to your friends when you are with them, this is the app for you."— The New York Times
"In order to establish new, better habits, it's helpful to engage with tools that make it easier to reinforce them. For anyone looking to curtail their phone usage, the Forest app might be for you."— Business Insider
If you want to temporarily put down your phone and focus on what’s more important in real life, you can plant a seed in Forest. As time goes by, this seed will gradually grow into a tree. However, if you cannot resist the temptation of using your phone and leave the app, your tree will wither.
The sense of achievement and responsibility will encourage you to stay away from your phone, and will help you make better use of your time. Stop getting distracted by your phone, make you self-motivated and get more things done.
Stay focused, Be present!
• A interesting way to help you beat phone addiction and overcome distraction
• Turn your focused moments into a lush forest.
• Create personalized Allow Lists for different situations. Non-allowed apps will be blocked. (iOS 16 or above)
• Earn rewards and unlock more than 90 new tree species and white noises.
• Share your forest and compete with friends and users around the world.
• Plant trees along with friends & family.
• Unlock achievements and earn extra rewards.
• Plant real trees on Earth and protect the environment with tree-planting organization Trees for the Future.
• Manage your own tags and view detailed statistics of your time distribution.
• Browse your weekly, monthly and even your yearly big forest.
• Track your focused time in the Apple Health App.
• Track your daily phone usage and screen time.
• Recall memories of your planting journey with our brand new Forest Timeline!
It's never too late to build up productive habits!
• Forest is compatible with iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch, and can be used across these iOS devices with a one-time purchase. The full app with the aforementioned features is available on iPhone and iPad; on Apple Watch you can view live planting session and today’s focus stats. To download or unlock a non-iOS version, it requires a separate purchase. By logging into the same account, your data can be synchronized across all platforms.
• Due to iOS limitations, the Allow List feature is only available on iOS/iPadOS 16 or above. If you’re using a device running iOS/iPadOS 15 or below, your tree will wither when you leave Forest during a planting session.
• Due to budget constraint, the number of real trees each user can plant is limited to five. We will be introducing limited time events that will allow users to plant more real trees. Please follow our social media page or check the in-app announcement for more updates.
• There is only one version of Forest on the App Store. Other apps that are similar and mimics Forest are not developed by the Forest team. Thank you for your support!
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/forestapp.cc/
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/forestapp_cc
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/forest_app/
We also provide browser extensions. Find out more on www.forestapp.cc
Snow Theme out now! Immerse yourself in a focused, white forest and watch your productivity soar.
Ratings and Reviews
Tangible for ADHD
I am someone who struggles tremendously with studying due to my ADHD. Part of this is because setting restrictions on time and trying to force an intangible structure on myself doesn’t work. I can “say” I’ll follow a schedule to do my homework, but there’s nothing stopping me from straying from that schedule only I have a stake in, so I don’t maintain it.
This app gives me a time limit that has a tangible consequence for breaking, because the flower or shrub (or TinyTan BTS member) I’m growing will die if I break the rules of the app, and will remain on my forest record forever. I don’t want that to happen, so I follow the rules and do what I set out to do originally.
However, as is the case for many people who are neurodivergent, setting habits is almost impossible, because one missed step or one missed day ruins the entire process. So opening this app and turning it on to study is a choice you have to actively make every day, and that’s difficult. I choose to because I like the act of having a little forest I don’t have to maintain in real life, but also because I know I feel worse if I don’t study or don’t get everything done when I could have, but it took me 2 years to get to this point of knowing the choice to open this app and use it is worth it.
It’s so hard to do things of my own volition, but this app helps. It’s not perfect, but it’s better than nothing at all, so I think it’s worth the download.
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for leaving a detailed and awesome feedback! We totally understand your situation and how much you've struggled all along; that's why we're always striving hard to keep improving Forest.
We want Forest not to be just a tool, but a partner who will constantly provide motivation and positivity to users along their focus journey. Seeing feedback like this really makes us feel like our intention has been approved and we're on a right track.
We truly appreciate that you have chosen Forest as your partner in your focus journey and are so glad that you've found your comfortable way to build a focus habit. Thank you once again for sharing your story with us. This really means a lot. :)
Forest is my new favorite app
I’ll be honest: I’m a student, and I spend WAY TOO MUCH time on my phone. It is a major distraction and I can feel myself getting sucked in but was having trouble ever convincing myself to just put it down and get stuff done. I never buy apps (I only go for the free versions of everything) — I literally just paid actual money for my first app ever earlier this year, after owning a smart phone for the past 6 years. This app is well worth the $2. It helps motivate me to stay off my phone when I’m practicing (music student) or trying to get work done. My boyfriend also has the app and we’ve made rooms to help us both focus simultaneously a few times but I’m hoping to get more friends to buy it so I can do this more. It is the perfect combination of motivating and making you feel disappointed in yourself if you slip up 😂 Seriously, it’s so satisfying to watch your forest grow and it’s very easy to use. You can also create new “tags” for why the trees were planted, which I love (I made one specific for practicing which is also a good way to help me keep track of how much practice I do). I had tried setting time limits for screen time/social media through iPhone settings but I’ve already started ignoring that....but Forest is so much more convincing and I just can’t let my sweet little trees die lol. Overall I love love this app and wish I’d heard of it sooner! It’s a relief to have something really hold me accountable for my screen time!
Consistent user since 2016, love it!
Hey forest team. I rarely ever post reviews, but I feel after this many years this app deserves my effort. I’ve been using this to help me focus since 2016 and have literally logged hundreds and hundreds of hours using this. It’s helped me with highschool, college, technical programs, and other courses. I’ve even used it to track my meditation and personal reading. I just want to say thank you. I have a ridiculously difficult time focusing thanks to a myriad of mental health issues that are quite literally out of my control. This app has been a game changer for me and I hope other people can have the same experience.
I also just wanted to voice some issues that I’ve had with the app (not very many at al but I know your development team is strong and actually takes reviews seriously). One issue is with the friends feature. I’ve tried to get many people to join the app and plant trees with me but I feel like each time it’s pretty difficult. That process could maybe be a bit more streamlined? One more thing is I think that I’ve noticed the app slow down as I’ve been using it. Maybe it’s because how much data I have logged in it? Not sure. It doesn’t affect the functionality too much but just something I’ve noticed.
All in all, hands down the best app I’ve had the pleasure of using. Again, thank you. If I could give more the 5 stars I would.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- SEEKRTECH CO., LTD.
- 471.7 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © SeekrTech CO., LTD
- In-App Purchases
- Box of Sunshine Elixir $1.99
- Bottle of Sunshine Elixir $0.99
- Small pot of Crystal $4.99
- Large bag of Crystal $10.99
- Shovelful of Crystal $0.99
- Cartful of Crystal $21.99