Can't stop scrolling? Have trouble focusing? Use Forest, a must-have gamified timer which helps you beat procrastination and boost productivity!
#Top paid productivity app in 157 countries.
#More than 40 millions users around the world.
#Over 1,000,000 real trees were planted on Earth by our users.
"Forest works well, and if your goal is to be more in the moment, ignore your phone and actually talk to your friends when you are with them, this is the app for you."— The New York Times
Plant a seed in Forest when you need to put down your phone and stay focused to get things done.
As you stay focused, this seed will gradually grow into a tree. However, if you cannot resist the temptation of using your phone and leave the app, your tree will wither.
The sense of achievement while seeing a flourish forest with each tree representing your dedication motivates you to reduce procrastination, and helps you build a good habit of time management!
- Enjoy the simple, elegant and intuitive interface
- Get motivated and encouraged by viewing visualized forest.
- Track your time distribution with insightful statistics
- Plant together with friends & family
- Plant real trees on Earth and save the environment
How Forest boosts your productivity:
- Level up concentration with over 80 virtual tree species
- Unlock achievements and earn extra rewards.
- Plant real trees with coins earned from staying focused, saving Earth while you improve yourself!
Statistics and Insights
- Customized your own tags for each task to track your time distribution.
- Learn from insights of your focused time to tailor your focus habits.
- Track your focused time in the Apple Health App(HealthKit).
Multiple Focus Modes
- Timer mode: Set your focus session and dive into your workflow, or apply Pomodoro technique.
- Stopwatch mode: Start and stop at any time. Give you a more flexible way to manage your time.
- Plant together: Stay focused with your friends and family anytime and anywhere.
- iOS widget: Get down to your sessions with a single tap and view your daily progress at a glance.
- Planting Reminder: Remind yourself to put your phone down!
- Custom Phrases: Motivate yourself with your favorite quotes and inspiring words!
Stay focused, be present!
Download Forest today to focus on what matters in life and be a better self!
• Forest is an app available for both iPhone and iPad, and can be accessed across all iOS devices with a one-time purchase. To download or unlock non iOS version of Forest, this requires a separate purchase. However, by logging into the same account, the account data can be synchronized across all platforms.
• Due to budget constraint, the number of real trees each user can plant is limited to five. We will be introducing limited time events that will allow users to plant more real trees. Please follow our social media page or check the in-app announcement for more updates.
• Due to iOS system limitations, we cannot determine what app the user is currently using, thus the Allow List feature cannot be implemented. If you wish to access other apps without affecting the growth of your tree, you can turn off "Deep Focus Mode". Thank you for your understanding.
• There is only one version of Forest on the App Store. Other apps that are similar and mimics Forest are not developed by the Forest team. Thank you for your support!
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/forestapp.cc/
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/forestapp_cc
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/forest_app/
We also provide browser extensions. Find out more on www.forestapp.cc!
- Sound Design: Shi Kuang Lee
We've built a new server. When you register an account, you can select the server according to your location.
Ratings and Reviews
Forest is my new favorite app
I’ll be honest: I’m a student, and I spend WAY TOO MUCH time on my phone. It is a major distraction and I can feel myself getting sucked in but was having trouble ever convincing myself to just put it down and get stuff done. I never buy apps (I only go for the free versions of everything) — I literally just paid actual money for my first app ever earlier this year, after owning a smart phone for the past 6 years. This app is well worth the $2. It helps motivate me to stay off my phone when I’m practicing (music student) or trying to get work done. My boyfriend also has the app and we’ve made rooms to help us both focus simultaneously a few times but I’m hoping to get more friends to buy it so I can do this more. It is the perfect combination of motivating and making you feel disappointed in yourself if you slip up 😂 Seriously, it’s so satisfying to watch your forest grow and it’s very easy to use. You can also create new “tags” for why the trees were planted, which I love (I made one specific for practicing which is also a good way to help me keep track of how much practice I do). I had tried setting time limits for screen time/social media through iPhone settings but I’ve already started ignoring that....but Forest is so much more convincing and I just can’t let my sweet little trees die lol. Overall I love love this app and wish I’d heard of it sooner! It’s a relief to have something really hold me accountable for my screen time!
Great for studying
Honestly, I’m the type of person who just suddenly goes on my phone or laptop in the middle of doing homework, projects, etc. It’s especially been a problem since this new school year started. This app has helped me quite a lot, though sometimes I forget to plant a tree before I begin completing assignments. It’s helped with decreasing the amount of time I spend on schoolwork, and makes me feel like I’m doing so much more. Whenever I do reach over to my phone and am about to do something besides studying, like scrolling through Instagram, I’d open it and see the tree on my screen. Then, I’d ask myself, “Do I really want the tree to die?” I’d say no. In the beginning of using this app, I was always close to using my phone while the tree is growing. I began to develop a mentality after a few days that I should finish my homework before going on my phone and do other things. Of course, I sometimes still do it when I don’t use Forest, but I feel as if I’ve lessened the amount. This is the first productivity app I’ve used, and I’ve always seen people recommend it. It’s definitely an app worth the money. You can use it on your laptop or computer as well, as a Chrome extension (which is what I started out with). It’s simple to use, and has a minimalistic aesthetic that I really enjoy. Overall, it’s a great app.
Amazing App, I Highly Recommend It
I have been slacking off and pushing off a lot of responsibilities lately and recently I heard a student in one of my classes mention this app and how you can grow little trees and a forest and I thought that was amazing, the second I got home I checked out the app and decided to buy it, one of the best $2 I have ever spent, I’m staying way more productive lately and I love seeing the little trees get planted, it has great graphics and design and is really simple to use. When I saw there was also an option in the app to plant real trees to help the environment I thought that was absolutely amazing and made me feel really happy for getting the app and supporting the developers. I have also just recently purchased the other app by the same developers called SleepTown and it is also amazing, it has been helping me have better sleeping habits and I have been way more productive and active during the day and just feel over all happier and healthier and feel like I’m getting my life back on track. I would recommend both of these apps to everyone, I have been telling my family and friends about it a lot and how it’s helped me and they love it too. Over all 10/10 great apps, I hope to see more from the developers in the future and love what they have done to help others 😎👍 🌲🌳🌴🌵🌱🎋🎄🍀 😴👍🌖🏠🏡🏘🏰🏕🏛🏫🏤
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- SEEKRTECH CO., LTD.
- 522.2 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
English, Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © SeekrTech CO., LTD
- In-App Purchases
- Box of Sunshine Elixir $1.99
- Bottle of Sunshine Elixir $0.99
- Small pot of Crystal $4.99
- Large bag of Crystal $9.99
- Shovelful of Crystal $0.99
- Cartful of Crystal $19.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.